Black Screen Of Doom Please help!

Guest Sere83

Guest Sere83

Hey Guys,

So I recently had to change the touch screen / digitizer on my blade because I broke it. Did the install fine. I'm Running Ginger Strir Fry Beta 13. The phone seems to be working fine, touchscreen and everything. Problem I have is when I make a phone call the screen goes black and every hard button on the phone and the touch screen stops responding. The phone call is still going though so I cant cut it off and have to pop the battery out to restart.

Prior to my screen change this was also happening a bit. Like I would take my phone away from my ear mid call or after call had finished and proximity sensor wouldn't kick in and screen would remain black. But usually I would press a few hard buttons for a bit and it would eventually awake, unlike now where it won't unless I pop battery out. Tocuhing hard button sometimes does re-awake though. Appears to have got Got slightly worse since screen change though....

If other person cuts off the call however, screen will re-awake.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Edited by Sere83

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Hey Guys,

So I recently had to change the touch screen / digitizer on my blade because I broke it. Did the install fine. I'm Running Ginger Strir Fry Beta 13. The phone seems to be working fine, touchscreen and everything. Problem I have is when I make a phone call the screen goes black and every hard button on the phone and the touch screen stops responding. The phone call is still going though so I cant cut it off and have to pop the battery out to restart.

Prior to my screen change this was also happening a bit. Like I would take my phone away from my ear mid call or after call had finished and proximity sensor wouldn't kick in and screen would remain black. But usually I would press a few hard buttons for a bit and it would eventually awake, unlike now where it won't unless I pop battery out. Tocuhing hard button sometimes does re-awake though. Appears to have got Got slightly worse since screen change though....

If other person cuts off the call however, screen will re-awake.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Don't worry, this is an issue in Ginger Stir Fry and NOT anything to do with your digitiser replacement :) GSF sometimes doesn't wake the screen up during a call. If you want to resolve this issue, switch to Swedish Spring, the Triple Two Project or some other froyo ROM, as it's also present in Cyanogen (CM7, the other gingerbread ROM) I think.

Guest Sere83

Don't worry, this is an issue in Ginger Stir Fry and NOT anything to do with your digitiser replacement :) GSF sometimes doesn't wake the screen up during a call. If you want to resolve this issue, switch to Swedish Spring, the Triple Two Project or some other froyo ROM, as it's also present in Cyanogen (CM7, the other gingerbread ROM) I think.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the reply. Yes it doesn't always happen, and wasn't present when I first started using the ROM, but happens a lot now. Might upgrade to Beta 17 soon anyway and see if it makes any difference.

Annoying thing is I was running Swedish Spring RLS4 for a long while and had a fair few issues. Ginger Stir fry seemed to have fixed all the issues I had, however obviously this new issue has cropped up. Any word on whether this issue will be fixed any time?

Edited by Sere83

Guest danieljtmcleod1989

There's a patch for it on CM7, it's temporary but it works very well.

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3955#c38

If you use this patch, use it once and make sure it has worked, then reinstall your rom to make sure it doesn't recalibrate in a bad way as it does it upon every reboot. Or you could use the zte emode present in froyo and as an addon for the gsf rom.

I used it the once about 3 weeks ago and now my blade works perfect every time.

P.S. I can confirm it works on gsf as that was the rom I was using when I installed it.