Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest wardriver_

Just an update on how unlocking is going.

I can't seem to access the qcnvitems directly. So later today what I'm going to try is to print the lock code which the phone stores in its memory to Adb logcat.

What NV_ITEM is it what you are trying to access?

If it is item 82 (0x52) then it is the SPC (six times zero).

Just an update on how unlocking is going.

I can't seem to access the qcnvitems directly. So later today what I'm going to try is to print the lock code which the phone stores in its memory to Adb logcat.

Thank you for your good work. I hope you will find the way to unlock it.

It's strange that only you is trying to unlock it. I know there are many android experts on modaco forums but apparently they are not interested in this phone.

I will help but I don't know anythig about android stuff.

Kind regards.

It's strange that only you is trying to unlock it. I know there are many android experts on modaco forums but apparently they are not interested in this phone.

its because they all have zte blades and dont think the spec upgrade its big enough for the price.

i would put my money on tilal unlocking the device if anyone, and by the looks of things hes nearly got it smile.gif

its because they all have zte blades and dont think the spec upgrade its big enough for the price.

i would put my money on tilal unlocking the device if anyone, and by the looks of things hes nearly got it smile.gif

Yes that's the reason I'm not bothering, I have 2 spare batteries, a charger and a case for my blade none are available for the Skate and apart from the screen it's not much of an upgrade. If the 1ghz version is released I may think about it.

ok so how can tesco sell the orange san fran for cheaper than orange....

why would other retailers sell orange branded phones if there is so little profit from the handsets, they cant benefit from top ups....

Phones locked to a network are subsidised by the network, wherever you buy them from. If they didn't subsidise the phones the retailers would just sell unlocked phones - then you'd see how much more expensive they are.

Edited by Jeff 66

i would put my money on tilal unlocking the device if anyone, and by the looks of things hes nearly got it

Its been 15 days since I bought my OMC, that leaves me with approximately 10 weeks before Orange will give me my unlock code...I havent had it on for a week, Im using my OSF but struggling with the small screen...

Itll be Xmas by then and the market will be flooded with newer and cheaper smartphones to choose from...

Edited by dadashi

Its been 15 days since I bought my OMC, that leaves me with approximately 10 weeks before Orange will give me my unlock code...I havent had it on for a week, Im using my OSF but struggling with the small screen...

Why don't you just borrow a Orange sim card from a friend/family member who has been on Orange for over 3 months and put it in your phone and unlock it, then you can use your own sim? :)

Why don't you just borrow a Orange sim card from a friend/family member who has been on Orange for over 3 months and put it in your phone and unlock it, then you can use your own sim? :)

Have you done that...?

My own Orange sim card is a year old, they say theyll give the unlock code after 3 months of OMC ownership...

Edited by dadashi

My own Orange sim card is a year old, they say theyll give the unlock code after 3 months of OMC ownership...

Does that mean you have to register your phone to your Orange phone number? Nevermind.

Yes that's the reason I'm not bothering, I have 2 spare batteries, a charger and a case for my blade none are available for the Skate and apart from the screen it's not much of an upgrade. If the 1ghz version is released I may think about it.

Edited your post above with links ;)

All are available for the Skate

Edited by DB006

If it was unlocked you'd probably go for it...the screen size is great...

and even if it had 1Ghz thats not a great difference from the 800Mhz...Once Cyanogen officialy supports it it'll be wizing like the Blade at 600...

The big performance jump comes with 1Ghz dual core cpus...

If it was unlocked you'd probably go for it...the screen size is great...

and even if it had 1Ghz thats not a great difference from the 800Mhz...Once Cyanogen officialy supports it it'll be wizing like the Blade at 600...

The big performance jump comes with 1Ghz dual core cpus...

ARMv7 1ghz is a big differance from ARMv6 800mhz

i think its mainly the ARMv6 that all the devs are put off by, its old news...

personalty i think the screen dose make the phone great and worth a upgrade...

Another update:

I think I am very close to unlocking it. By the end of today, hopefully it should all be over.

Excellent, you are the man :) After that, orange shops will be full of non uk residents :P

Do you have to be uk resident if you want to buy this phone?

Guest Sebastian404

Excellent, you are the man :) After that, orange shops will be full of non uk residents :P

Do you have to be uk resident if you want to buy this phone?

I'm a uk citizen,but not currently a resident and they let me have one, if your getting A PAYG device they dont ask for anything. You can even pay in cash if you want...

Can't be long before they want a DNA sample and your first born child tho

My Blade will be definitely going to early retirement...can't wait to use my OMC with GiffGaff freedom...

OMC will be my poor mans 4.3" GS2

@ tilal6991

I'm ready to pay up....you'll have to post a donate link...:D

Edited by dadashi