Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Thanks again for your efforts Tilal :)

I must admit you were getting me excited there. I can't face the thought of phoning Orange to ask (again) what has happened to my £10 credit, when I made no calls, sent no text and only used wifi!?!? I'm going to box my Skate up and shove it up into the attic until my 3x months is up... then I will be FREE :P (after they have extracted twenty quid from me of course :angry:).

Just in case someone wants to take up the lead, posting your progress would be very helpful I'm sure.

GF

Guest tilal6991

I will post everything I learnt later today. Also I was very close so someone should be able to unlock it fairly soon.

The other reason why I can't try to unlock is that I've been banned by my parents. So if you don't have this problem it should be a fairly simple task. :)

well thats life,but its all about what you have done and tried,its trial and error but to more its progress and that what you have done,so say to yourself it cant stop now ,its just the bigging and more to follow ,members all from different countrys will help you and make you proud to say i did it .so go forward and keep trying .this forum needs you.

I think things will get better when someone uploads a rom from one of the new unlocked ZTE Skates tbh

Hasn't that already happened? I thought someone on here tried that but it doesn't work.

Guest tilal6991

Hasn't that already happened? I thought someone on here tried that but it doesn't work.

What he means is a fully factory unlocked and debranded Skate.

BTW if anyone wants any info about what I've learnt about the unlock just PM me.

I don't think it will be happening here in forum....

there is money to be made unlocking, so maybe a small army of hackers are racing to get it on the internet for 10 or 20 quid a go...

I don't think it will be happening here in forum....

there is money to be made unlocking, so maybe a small army of hackers are racing to get it on the internet for 10 or 20 quid a go...

thats wot i mean it will be unlockable at some point.... for a fee or not it will happen just takes time.

personaly i would be happy paying £10 donation or fee just to be rid of orange for good smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Well should i get mine on ebay and buy an htc or what.Shame its a great phone but how long do we wait.

just do the maths, OMC with top up £159 + £10~£20 unlock fee...you can get a used HTC or something new on ebay for that price...

just do the maths, OMC with top up £159 + £10~£20 unlock fee...you can get a used HTC or something new on ebay for that price...

I paid £120 for mine including the £10 top up.I love the phone but need it unlocked so i can use my t-mobile sim.

Guest c4lvin79

Hi

This is my first post on the forum, I've bought an OMC but haven't had to wait 3 months to get it unlocked. I called Orange last week and they've already sent the unlock code. Just thought I'd let you know it's worth just calling up to ask.

Now to try installing a new ROM...

Hi

This is my first post on the forum, I've bought an OMC but haven't had to wait 3 months to get it unlocked. I called Orange last week and they've already sent the unlock code. Just thought I'd let you know it's worth just calling up to ask.

Now to try installing a new ROM...

Orange asked me the same thing, i've been on Orange since 2001, how long have you been on Orange?

Guest c4lvin79

Orange asked me the same thing, i've been on Orange since 2001, how long have you been on Orange?

2-3 years and i've only put an additional £10 credit on since purchase.

2-3 years and i've only put an additional £10 credit on since purchase.

I only ask because I think Orange give the unlock code to those who have been on Orange for a longtime, I have been on Orange with the same number since 2001.

no unlock news...?

What happened to the momentum we had here, everybody lost interest or something...?

Only tilal6991 appeared to be doing anything and he got banned by his parents. I don't think we will see much happen here, but as unrandosam has speculated:

"If anyone unlocks this I think it will be :

Furious Team (~20€)

DC Unlocker team (~20€ (if they are before furious) or 10€)

(in that order).

Its possible it can already be done using a riff box. (Supports the blade already)."

So maybe an outside source with a pecuniary interest IS our best bet.

Edited by gitf@ce