Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest unrandomsam

yeah but it would be nice to share the ins ands outs so that progress could happen.but didn't happen.

Take a look at this :

Looks like someone knows how to do it :

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f272/orange-monte-carlo-zte-p743t-wrong-codes-1346677/

Look at the last post :

Edited by unrandomsam

Just my opinion but i think there might have been a lot of bs being talked by certain members.And probably didn't know what they were doing in the first place.

At least they tried if that were the case

that post is from my forum and yes it was tried on the furious gold but they dont yet support it.and also jau have been wanting firmware dumps so that they can workout a way to unlock it ,also dc unlocker dont support the firmware but soon some of these will figure it out .so yes wee need to no what happened on the trials here to see if it can leed somewhere.any more questions .

Guest unrandomsam

that post is from my forum and yes it was tried on the furious gold but they dont yet support it.and also jau have been wanting firmware dumps so that they can workout a way to unlock it ,also dc unlocker dont support the firmware but soon some of these will figure it out .so yes wee need to no what happened on the trials here to see if it can leed somewhere.any more questions .

Wait so you are saying that these people who charge such extortionate prices to unlock these phones are too cheap to even buy one ?

Parasites that's what all these people are.

(Even if someone did develop a free unlock here you would be helping someone else make a large quantity of money).

Thats the problem with that forum they give absolutely nothing (other than occasionally help on how to use a crappy windows UI) and still KANG from here and xda.)

The commercial mobile unlocking market has a lot in common with any other type of cartel.

Anything that can be done to destroy their market should be.

okay fair comment ,but someone will soon have the unlock and the choice to pay or not.its about unlocking this mobile,dont want to pay orange anymore,yes i agree with you but thats been going on for many years.nothing changes.only new mobiles change.

Guest Chris_67
Quote from forum.gsmhosting.com:

CALCULATING;

UNLOCK CODE [OLD]: 42371986

UNLOCK CODE [NEW]: 22714031

COUNTER CLEAR DONE;

UNLOCKED !

Time needed - 00:00:35

but codes are wrong.

The "COUNTER CLEAR DONE" part seems interesting to me. Does that really work? Would that mean, we could brute-force the unlock by trying each possible code without totally locking the device?

The "COUNTER CLEAR DONE" part seems interesting to me. Does that really work? Would that mean, we could brute-force the unlock by trying each possible code without totally locking the device?

It probably means as much as UNLOCKED! does, so a bit dodgy imho.

I bought 2 phones in the first day of sales. Locked. only just arrived, ordered the turbo sim http://www.dealextreme.com/p/new-i-smartsim-2008-operator-network-sim-card-unlock-attachment-13480 phone works, the calls go, Internet works, but I do not know how to check the 3g internet, burn icon E. ordered only 1, month now wait until another comes to the second phone :((((

Guest stiefanu

I bought 2 phones in the first day of sales. Locked. only just arrived, ordered the turbo sim http://www.dealextre...ttachment-13480 phone works, the calls go, Internet works, but I do not know how to check the 3g internet, burn icon E. ordered only 1, month now wait until another comes to the second phone :((((

So does it work with the OMC? Can you make calls and sms with this smart-sim?

this is very interesting, maybe we have a winner.

for 3,48 $ !!, ok , 3g maybe don't work, but I can leave first 3 months without 3g, than request code from orange

at the end we don't even need unlock :lol: :D

thank you very much

From the E icon it seems that you got EDGE (mobile internet) working and the R icon on signals indicate that phone is in roaming mode.

Yes, the internet only works if I turn on internet roaming settings.

But it is my home operator.

A couple of hours I check on my second phone with this turbo SIM card, and with other mobile operator sim card.

Edited by zToni

ztoni, why did you buy black card and not yellow sim from dx?

any reason?

is this unlock the same for all networks or it can be that maybe this sim will work only on some notwork, how this cards work?

Kind regards.

ztoni, why did you buy black card and not yellow sim from dx?

any reason?

is this unlock the same for all networks or it can be that maybe this sim will work only on some notwork, how this cards work?

Kind regards.

I do not remember, it was delivered to me a month. selected either by rating or by number of reviews, shopping.

I would not be risked because of a 1 dollar. Take tested.

Yes. OMC. Calls-ok, sms-ok, internet -ok, 3g - don't now.

http://s1.postimage....bj06a/image.jpg

looks like you have 3G (E icon) so that's great!!

But there's no telling if it will work with all sim cards, specialy giffgaff...

I'm in for a try and would buy the same one your using, not the dx....you never know...

EDIT: I ordered it...:)...last year I paid £1 on ebay for the Blade unlock code...I hope these £2 are well spent...

Edited by dadashi

looks like you have 3G (E icon) so that's great!!

But there's no telling if it will work with all sim cards, specialy giffgaff...

I'm in for a try and would buy the same one your using, not the dx....you never know...

EDIT: I ordered it...:)...last year I paid £1 on ebay for the Blade unlock code...I hope these £2 are well spent...

E - EDGE or 3G? how i can test?

Guest philmein

E - EDGE or 3G? how i can test?

if you have the E icon then you have mobile internet the 3g icon is just a faster speed maybe if you go out side or about town you will then get the 3g icon or even the hsdpa icon fastest