Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest sid8001

Is it possible they do it by reducing the credit on your sim by £20?

Contacted Orange

They have applied for the unlock code from ZTE for me, they tell me to keep at least £20.42 in credit for the next 10 to 14 days and then i will get the code by email and text.

All very simple if it actually arrives, fingers crossed

Guest tillaz

on the phone to orange now chasing up my unlock code !

this phone is goin back to orange the bastards have took the piss saying now that i cant have the unlock code.

just rang back again and they say the PHONE has to to be linked to the sim for 3 month befor you can get an unlock code its the policy or some daft s*** !!!

so with the problem im having with the screen when calling in just getting a refund.

never will i buy an orange phone again with out an unlock already avalible.

Edited by tillaz

Guest tillaz

they should as its only 2 weeks old and its faulty, most places give 30 days but saying by oranges standards they will probz try making some crap up

just like the way they are stringing everybody along with unlock codes. shame really i liked the phone.

edit: if im lucky and get a refund i will buy the phone again but using a freinds orange number to get it for £119.99 laugh.gif

just relised why they say to top up £20 credit on your phone & will be took that way... probly because phone credit is non refundable.ohmy.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest unrandomsam

the unlocked zte skate is now available on fleabay £229 but it does say unlockedbiggrin.gif

Its the same price at Expansys

But it would be a fools purchase.

(Given that you can an Defy from the exact same place for the same price ....)

and a fair amount of better stuff for cheaper.

Guest WAWA72

I spend 5 Pounds for the unlocked OMC. When some more people spend, then we have a. Unlocked Phone;)

I think wbaw verringert the spending OMC for this great works for the blade

Guest den169

I spend 5 Pounds for the unlocked OMC. When some more people spend, then we have a. Unlocked Phone;)

I think wbaw verringert the spending OMC for this great works for the blade

Translation please anyone.

Guest adaptive1

I got ZTE Blade from Yoigo in Ibiza Spain on a sale (79 euros).

I've tried unlocking using this:

http://www.nextgense...com/calculator/

And other places that all give the same 8 digit SIM network unlock code.

The code doesn't work.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the phone having been offered at a discounted price.

However, I called Yoigo and they know nothing about it. They say since I bought the phone without plan, they have no code to give me.

Maybe it has to do with my phone being some kind of newer generation, like gen2, I've heard about.

I don't know the generation of my phone, and what to do if it is a different generation, anyhow.

Can someone suggest some solutions or give me any more information on this problem?

Thanks!

Gary

Guest tillaz

The code doesn't work.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the phone having been offered at a discounted price.

However, I called Yoigo and they know nothing about it. They say since I bought the phone without plan, they have no code to give me.

Maybe it has to do with my phone being some kind of newer generation, like gen2, I've heard about.

I don't know the generation of my phone, and what to do if it is a different generation, anyhow.

Can someone suggest some solutions or give me any more information on this problem?

Thanks!

Gary

you can download an app from the market called Ask Mr Pigfish this will tell you if its gen1 or gen2

you should check you imie is not black listed but your best bet is asking this in the blade forms..

or try this http://arrtoo.x10.mx/unlockBlade.php get the imie number from in the phone as the one on the box may not be right (not original box).

Edited by tillaz

Guest adaptive1

you can download an app from the market called Ask Mr Pigfish this will tell you if its gen1 or gen2

you should check you imie is not black listed but your best bet is asking this in the blade forms..

or try this http://arrtoo.x10.mx/unlockBlade.php get the imie number from in the phone as the one on the box may not be right (not original box).

1) Hi, Mr Pig Fish says I'm gen2.

2) I used an app to get my IMEI, same as what box had, gave same NCK as the site you posted.

The app is ZTE Blade/San Francisco Network Unlocker.

3) This site shows IMEI is not blacklisted (but maybe the DB is outdated?)

http://www.amta.org....of.your.Handset

I'm not sure if you have specific ZTE Blade forums you might have in mind. I haven't seen too many.

I guess you mean one of these:

http://android.modaco.com/forum/453-zte-blade-libra-blademodacocom/

I'll look around.

Please instruct further if possible. Thanks!

Edited by adaptive1

Guest john.smith

Hi Gary

I think it's the forum for Skate and you might want to visit the one for Blade instead. :P

The code doesn't work.

Thanks!

Gary

Hi, I'm new in the forum and I bough a ZTE monte carlo this week and I'm going to receive it in 2 or 3 days. I have a question

Have anybody tried to use a x-sim?

Sorry for my english!

Guest hammy94

tbh iv gave up on this phone if orange are going to be dicks about it why should i spend my money that i worked hard for iv gone and got a galaxy ace its pretty much the same but smaller screen and best buy sell them sim free at 155 quid new

Guest tilal6991
tbh iv gave up on this phone if orange are going to be dicks about it why should i spend my money that i worked hard for iv gone and got a galaxy ace its pretty much the same but smaller screen and best buy sell them sim free at 155 quid new

If you compare the specs on gsmarena you'll see that the screen resolution is mdpi vs hdpi and also the ram in ace is half that of the blade.

Guest wrtease

well every user to their own preffered mobile .ive got the blade and the monte carlo and would say they are excellent mobiles.the unlock will come for the monte carlo sometime ,so using it just for the internet till that happens ,my blade is main mobile i use at the moment .orange will regret this when the unlock comes out ,they could have had more money out of us if they had supplied the code to us ,their loss ,i can wait got plenty time to try adding all sorts of stuff to the monte carlo.

smaller screen on galaxy ace was no good to me..thats life.

Guest philmein

well every user to their own preffered mobile .ive got the blade and the monte carlo and would say they are excellent mobiles.the unlock will come for the monte carlo sometime ,so using it just for the internet till that happens ,my blade is main mobile i use at the moment .orange will regret this when the unlock comes out ,they could have had more money out of us if they had supplied the code to us ,their loss ,i can wait got plenty time to try adding all sorts of stuff to the monte carlo.

smaller screen on galaxy ace was no good to me..thats life.

my sentiments also +1