HOWTO: Identify a new generation 2 HANNSpad

Guest Grexeo

Guest Grexeo

The latest generation of the HANNSpad SN10T1 tablet features a new screen/digitizer that changes this once bottom-of-the-reviews tablet into what many are calling the best budget tablet on the market.

Identifying the generation you have is simple. On the outer packaging, you will see a "Type No." which should correspond to one of the following generations: (Credit: Chet T16)

Generation 3 Type No: SN10T130R1653 - New screen/digitizer.

Generation 2 Type No: SN10T130R1633 - Old screen with poor viewing angles and digitizer/touch sensitivity issues.

Generation 1 Type No: SN10T130U1623 - Old screen with poor viewing angles and digitizer/touch sensitivity issues.

If you have already unboxed your HANNSpad and no longer have the packaging, you can find the type number on the reverse of the HANNSpad. You should find a white label with a "Type No." shown.

Edited by Grexeo

Guest Chet T16

The number is on the box too, it wore off my tablet in a couple of days so I had to get it off the box.

I'm not sure where it is as i left the box in the UK and had to get my brother in law to check it out for me!

Guest Chet T16

Also, I believe there is a '23 too. Making the '53 a generation 3 Edit: Actually read your post carefully!

Edited by Chet T16

Guest Grexeo
The number is on the box too

Ah excellent, I'll update my post then. Too many people are opening the boxes first, then checking!

Also, I believe there is a '23 too. Making the '53 a generation 3 Edit: Actually read your post carefully!

I haven't found any info suggesting there's hardware differences between the first 2 type numbers, so I think it's the same hardware or with a very minor revision.

Guest alpha232

I haven't found any info suggesting there's hardware differences between the first 2 type numbers, so I think it's the same hardware or with a very minor revision.

There aren't any hard facts but it would help to explain why some people are having issues with custom roms that others aren't

Guest Grexeo

There aren't any hard facts but it would help to explain why some people are having issues with custom roms that others aren't

Good point, changed to Generation 3. Don't seem able to change the topic title though.