[ROM] [08-10] TripNMiUI 105.235.U.B71 | TripNMiUI SENSATION@XPERIA

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Mgrenade
BB .71

Only 70 mb free RAM...

Any solution??. Only system apps running.

What is ammount of free ram we get on this ROM?!

Found solution...

Now runnig with 100mb free ram..

Backedup rom with xrecovery

Format system

Format data

Format cache

Full wipe

Remove dalvik-cache

Battery stats

And restore

Clear cache

Format cache

Remove dalvik-cache..

And reboot.. now its 100+mb normal running.without any application running...

Edited by Mgrenade

Guest smldmr

Hello Trip. i installed the 102 and have some problems.

- I can't move apps to sd-card (opera mobile for example)

- Can't select another keyboard app as the standard android KB

- No thethering

Thanks for this Custom firmware.

Guest kosa11

Hello Trip. i installed the 102 and have some problems.

- I can't move apps to sd-card (opera mobile for example)

- Can't select another keyboard app as the standard android KB

- No thethering

Thanks for this Custom firmware.

1. You are sure that this apps can be moved to sd cause not every app can be?

2. Keyboard problem was explained before search for it,

3. Known bug already ;]

Does anyone else get a dialog that pops up when receiving an SMS that regards any 3rd-party app i/e: google voice, mr. number, whoisit wants to gain access to SMS and it is risky... Is there a way to turn off this message? I continue to receive this message for each one of the aforementioned apps and try to allow (checking don't ask again), but the dialog is frozen with the count-down - freezing up all other processes until the dialog times out!

This cycle also happens any time I start an app that requires data or WiFi and will repeat the last SMS sent over and over until the app using the connection is closed.

Edited by aasch

Guest t0anh0

Does anyone else get a dialog that pops up when receiving an SMS that regards any 3rd-party app i/e: google voice, mr. number, whoisit wants to gain access to SMS and it is risky... Is there a way to turn off this message? I continue to receive this message for each one of the aforementioned apps and try to allow (checking don't ask again), but the dialog is frozen with the count-down - freezing up all other processes until the dialog times out!

This cycle also happens any time I start an app that requires data or WiFi and will repeat the last SMS sent over and over until the app using the connection is closed.

if you are using Google voice, then turn it off there (google voice website). I think there is an option to allow you forward SMS to your phone (any phone you set up from there) or even you can un-check it to not forward to phone

Edited by t0anh0

Guest Cyberman_NI

Been using v103 on BB71 all day and find it excellent. :)

WIFI works DHCP with WEP and WPA.

Keyboard changed no problems

Bluetooth working on car kit all day.

Smooth fast and decent battery.

I might try BB67, BB65 or BB61 like JP has done to see if I can get better coverage.

I was in a black spot most of the day, and didn't have my SGS2 to check it it got coverage.

I don't really know how you can improve this rom much more than the regular MIUI updates. B)

Guest TripNRaVeR

Was working on my new project the last couple of hours, i'm doing a few more things and then back to 103 MIUI and probably a release tonight.

Guest jpminou

Was working on my new project the last couple of hours, i'm doing a few more things and then back to 103 MIUI and probably a release tonight.

what kind of project ?? :D

Another project!!! Man where do you find the time.

Work

Sleep ( deep ones )

Cooking super roms

And keeping Iris happy.

Don't know how you do it mate.

Regards

Barry.

Edited by bazji

Guest BuglyAstard

Been using v103 on BB71 all day and find it excellent. :)

WIFI works DHCP with WEP and WPA.

Keyboard changed no problems

Bluetooth working on car kit all day.

Smooth fast and decent battery.

I might try BB67, BB65 or BB61 like JP has done to see if I can get better coverage.

I was in a black spot most of the day, and didn't have my SGS2 to check it it got coverage.

I don't really know how you can improve this rom much more than the regular MIUI updates. B)

I tried bb65 back on 101, I lost sms even with the patch, I was gonna try a few different basebands on 103 but Im not having any issue with 67, although jpminou meantioned that bb61 had better signal and wifi.

BTW, so far the only problems I have is the sound recording is horrible, its perfect using camcorder but with the sound recording apps the playback is no where near the quality of the camcorder, this is not a new problem the old releases are the same, but its not a big deal.

I paid for and downloaded samurai 2 and the first attempt failed, it force closed the market. I rebooted and fixed permissions, the game downloaded along with some updates for other apps just fine after that and the game runs super smooth, no more problems. In fact I havent had a single issue since that market fc last night, battery life seems real good.

Guest Cyberman_NI

TripNteaseR :P

I think if your new project involves a new phone I'm gonna join you. Don't think I could stop flashing anytime soon. B) Addicted!!

Great work on the 103, from your side of thing its perfect. Only some well known MIUI issues, and some baseband issues in some parts of the world. Mainly out of your hands I think. :)

Guest illegal2008

Yes,the same problem-l_clock, asphalt5 apps wants to gain SMS access.:blink::blink::blink:

102 version

Guest cjsabaki

Howdy Sir!!

103 Still kicking butt!!

Odd little side note, turning on or off back ground data tends to hang till reboot??

Other than that it has been excellent!!!

Thank you!!!

Best regards,

Chris

I think if your new project involves a new phone I'm gonna join you. Don't think I could stop flashing anytime soon.

I'm with you mate, couldn't go back to a normal stock phone now.

Regards

Barry

Guest Cyberman_NI

@Chris

Tried to replicate your issue on 103 but couldn't. I did try to tap the data toggle from the pull down menu which didn't turn of the data.

I then went into the mobile settings and flicked off Data enabled, Always receive MMS and Data roaming all no problems.

Flicked them all back on no issues. Only I'm in a G area (in the country) so maybe if your in a better data area that is what is different.

Although if I remember correctly you also live in the middle of the country.

@Barry

I did get a Samsung GS2 and it's fast, but it's not got a trip rom on it. Huge down side. Big respect to the dev's for the sgs2 but trip is so fast at pumping out roms, and his just seem more slick or something.

May have to go with the HTC Sensation as well just for TripNfun :P

EDIT: All posts so far on this page are from the 29th May Club member's!!!

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest iferlive

Hey Trip thanks for all your work, all the roms you have done are awesome dude. The only thing i miss on the new 2.3.5 TripNMiui is the option to change the default player, would be great if you can implement that in your next relealse (103). Thanks for all Trip

@ cyberman_ni

Wouldn't mind a wee gs2 as my friend has one and its a great phone, although he loves mine with trips miui on it lol,

I wanted the HTC sensation too as trip got one but has he not already bricked it ?

Regards

Barry.

Guest cjsabaki

In the actual phone settings under accounts and sync, its only happened twice...Kinda funny actually, like a tug of war with the back ground data slider, reboot and it goes to where I wanted it.. LOL!! :lol: :blink:

Its all good, minor hick up, just wanted it to be out there just in case!! :D

Yep, middle of the country here...Edge service only.....

Best regards,

Chris

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest TripNRaVeR

The new project is just for this phone. :) My Sensation will be heading for a repair tomorow. Hopefully they dont find some things i badword up myself in hboot :lol:

Guest Cyberman_NI

In the actual phone settings under accounts and sync, its only happened twice...Kinda funny actually, like a tug of war with the back ground data slider, reboot and it goes to where I wanted it.. LOL!! :lol: :blink:

Its all good, minor hick up, just wanted it to be out there just in case!! :D

Yep, middle of the country here...Edge service only.....

Best regards,

Chris

Sorry mate I see the setting now :rolleyes: . If I flick it off a warning appears about disbaling backgroud data but some app may still use it, then stays on.

Few of my contacts didn't sync while I think about it but that's likely due to me flashing while half drunk. Was thinking I was gettin text from total strangers all day. Easy sorted i'm sure

Really loving this rom. Definatly one to keep a xrecovery backup off for future reference :)

EDIT: @Trip If HTC where playing with the head they should be sending you 3 free phones for flashing and testing!!! The amount your gonna sell would easily pay for your free phones B)

Edited by Cyberman_NI