SPB Shell 3D

Guest shirecom

Has anyone out there got this to work on a Vega. It looks good, but I don't want to buy it then find it doesn't work>

cheers

SPB Shell works very well on the Vega (currently running Corvus 5).

Smooth as butter, and so far IMHO after going through pretty much all of the ROMS/Mods out there, Corvus 5 + SPB Shell make for the best experience on the Vega so far.

The interface could do with a few optimisations for better landscape use, but I have no other complaints so far.

I'm currenly overclocking to 1.2Ghz using SetCPU.

Guest tmirage

Spb shell 3D works like a charm on a tablet since the last update.

Already using it on my phone for a few months but ive just now setup my tablet with corvus 5 and spb shell again.

It is very nice looking and responsive.

was running vegacomb before, nice also but corvus 5 with spb shell works way better atm

Guest ViPaSoft

Spb shell 3D works like a charm on a tablet since the last update.

Already using it on my phone for a few months but ive just now setup my tablet with corvus 5 and spb shell again.

It is very nice looking and responsive.

was running vegacomb before, nice also but corvus 5 with spb shell works way better atm

+1

Just installed Market version 1.2.1 last night and it's fantastic. I used if for years when I was on Windows Mobile 5+ and it was the best thing available then and hopefully, (once it's got a few more widgets, etc), it will be one of the best things for tablets.

Guest ViPaSoft

Landscape view working?

Seems to be working fine. Only had 1 fc and that's was simply because I tried to quit an action instead of waiting the few seconds it took to end...impatience sucks...

Funnily enough, I emailed spb about a week ago asking if the latest version supported Tablets, the a couple of days ago I found the manual, link; http://www.spb.com/uploads/user_manuals/SPB_Shell_3D_User_Manual.pdf

Page 5 clearly states;

'Tablet mode is now fully supported in Shell 3d 1.2 with the option to enable on both smartphones and tablets.'

Today, I received a reply from spb which stated;

'Unfortunately, SPB Shell 3D doesn't officially support tablets yet. We are working on it, but unfortunately, we do not share information concerning our release dates because of the internal policy of our company.'

Anyway, I can confirm that it works very well on the Vega, using Corvus5 at least. Takes a bit of getting used to, but the Manual link above might help some of you.

ok whats wrong?

I have bought the app on the market, it says installed, but i cant find it anywere on my device (except in app control list)... so it is installed, but i cant use it?

This is my first-time-buy on the market.. I have received the payment mail. so, anybody can help me?

Edited by duvee

Guest ViPaSoft

ok whats wrong?

I have bought the app on the market, it says installed, but i cant find it anywere on my device (except in app control list)... so it is installed, but i cant use it?

This is my first-time-buy on the market.. I have received the payment mail. so, anybody can help me?

It's not an app you run from the app list. If you press the HOME button, it should give you an option to run spb.

It's not an app you run from the app list. If you press the HOME button, it should give you an option to run spb.

i ment the app control list in the settings haha i am not that stupid :P

anyway problem solved allready.

landscape and portrait both working really good in spb.

Guest ViPaSoft

i ment the app control list in the settings haha i am not that stupid :P

anyway problem solved allready.

landscape and portrait both working really good in spb.

What did you do to solve it, it may help someone else another time.

i did flash the corvus rom another time, and re-installed spb 3d.

I was not sure if I could re-install the app in the market if i purchased it and deleted it. that was my concern, and was waiting for somebody to tell me that it is no problem.

(so re-installing the app did it for me.. flashing the rom wasnt needed)

Guest Minimonkey

Seems to be working fine. Only had 1 fc and that's was simply because I tried to quit an action instead of waiting the few seconds it took to end...impatience sucks...

Funnily enough, I emailed spb about a week ago asking if the latest version supported Tablets, the a couple of days ago I found the manual, link; http://www.spb.com/uploads/user_manuals/SPB_Shell_3D_User_Manual.pdf

Page 5 clearly states;

'Tablet mode is now fully supported in Shell 3d 1.2 with the option to enable on both smartphones and tablets.'

Today, I received a reply from spb which stated;

'Unfortunately, SPB Shell 3D doesn't officially support tablets yet. We are working on it, but unfortunately, we do not share information concerning our release dates because of the internal policy of our company.'

Anyway, I can confirm that it works very well on the Vega, using Corvus5 at least. Takes a bit of getting used to, but the Manual link above might help some of you.

Great Stuff as soon as I get my Vega back from repair I will be trying this! Cheers

Guest Minimonkey

I cant find spb shell anymore in the market with the lates vegacomb build..

Does anybody have a solution?

Quote:

REQUIRES ANDROID:

2.1 - 2.3.3

You could try installing on 2.2 -2.3 then using titanium backup to backup/restore to 3.2

yes.. and no luck finding it.

I tried using titanium back up.. and it can restore it, but when i press the home button than there is no list of "launcher/spb mobile shell" (it just fades a bit and then hangs on thet screen untill I press back.

it isnt possible i guess .. :(

Guest ViPaSoft

yes.. and no luck finding it.

I tried using titanium back up.. and it can restore it, but when i press the home button than there is no list of "launcher/spb mobile shell" (it just fades a bit and then hangs on thet screen untill I press back.

it isnt possible i guess .. :(

I'm on Vegacomb 3.2 Build 6 and get the exact same thing with spb and ADW. Also, when I reboot with either Home replacement installed the device boots but only shows a blank screen with no access to icons except the settings. The only solution I found was to uninstall all but the stock Launcher and it worked again.

Wonder if this is a bug with Vc 3.2 or whether honeycomb itself doesn't like other launchers.

If anyone knows, any advice would be very welcome.

i think/hope it is a bug..

reason for that is because i used spb on vegacomb 1.7. But i dont know uch about it, i just hope it. :P would suck to choose between 10 euro/vegacomb 3.2.. :(