Sixaxis Controller App

Guest Sanddancer75

Guest Sanddancer75

I've just ran the compatibility checker at: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscompatibilitychecker&feature=more_from_developer & it says that the app will work on my Vega. Trying to run the pairing tool on my laptop is another matter though? It's my work laptop & I probably shouldn't have it installed on here anyway. Has anyone else got it working, or know of any other methods to use a PS3 controller on the Vega?

Guest Sanddancer75

Well, I got the pairing software running on a netbook, got the pad set up, bought the app & it's reading my inputs over bluetooth. I only had a couple of emulators handy & couldn't get either of them to see the pad. It looks like it should work. I'll try some other emulators tonight when I get some time.

Guest HypoTurtle

Be sure to calibrate the controllers buttons the conroller may be able to control switching home screens etc but most emulator would require you to map the button usually found in the emulator settings (haven't used a PS3 controller but have used a 360 one)

Guest Sanddancer75

That's as far as I got. The app on the Vega shows all my button presses so looks like it works, I've changed the input method to the joypad but the emulators that I've tried (Snesoid & GBAoid) won't accept the inputs when I try to remap the controls (I've selected the bluetooth joypad option as well)?

Guest maltloaf

on the 'oid' series of emulators, you need to enable the keyboard in "Language and Keyboard", long press in any text box then select input method as 'Sixaxis' then in the emulator, such as N64oid, go to settings, other settings and check "Use input method" (this is the bit you are probably not doing) then go back to Settings, Input settings, Key mappings and map the pad inputs to whatever you want.

I found while playing mariokart64 that the controller would sometimes go to sleep but playing Mario64 it was fine, so there are bugs but it's a very promising start.

Edited by maltloaf

Guest nelles

on the 'oid' series of emulators, you need to enable the keyboard in "Language and Keyboard", long press in any text box then select input method as 'Sixaxis' then in the emulator, such as N64oid, go to settings, other settings and check "Use input method" (this is the bit you are probably not doing) then go back to Settings, Input settings, Key mappings and map the pad inputs to whatever you want.

I found while playing mariokart64 that the controller would sometimes go to sleep but playing Mario64 it was fine, so there are bugs but it's a very promising start.

just bought the app, works great with snesoid ... spent the morning playing rtype with my sixaxis and mobii connected to the tv over hdmi ... no need to go to the garage and dust off snes :)

i got the same problem with sleeping; in my case it was caused by the distance to the tablet ... mobiis bluetooth is extremely limited, i'm sitting some 3-4 meters from the tv and it looses signal, goes to sleep or just plain stops working. it helped when i turned the tablet so that the upper buttons (power lock back) face me. i think its transmitter is there somewhere. so I extended the hdmi cable and put it some 2 meters from me and it works perfectly.

had no problems holding it in my lap and playing on the tablet alone

the onscreen virtual keyboard is nice, but can not be compared to the real controller.

when i installed snesoid, first thing i tried on the virtual keyboard was rtype, and it sucked big time.

Guest nelles

had no problems holding it in my lap and playing on the tablet alone

spoke too soon... even when i hold it in my lap i still get disconnects from the controller... i can press the ps button and it reconnects, but its kinda annoying when it happens in the middle of a game .... i still can't say when and why exactly it happens ... i just played rtype for 2 hours without a single glitch ... (and found another problem, but not with the app - although the bluez range is limited, the battery life suffers greatly - and never leave it in sleep mode with blue on)

Guest Sanddancer75

just bought the app, works great with snesoid ... spent the morning playing rtype with my sixaxis and mobii connected to the tv over hdmi ... no need to go to the garage and dust off snes :)

Sounds good. I've not had much free time since I first started the topic. I'll try to give it another go tonight, thanks.