Which phone?

Guest timmillwood

Guest timmillwood

I currently have an iPhone 3Gs and was thinking of doing a sim only upgrade, but then I though I might as well get a free phone.

Thinking on the Sony Xperia Neo or Samsung Galaxy Ace.

Are these any good?

Are there any better around that sort of price?

Am I better of sticking with the iPhone and going sim only?

Guest urbanbumpkin

I currently have an iPhone 3Gs and was thinking of doing a sim only upgrade, but then I though I might as well get a free phone.

Are these any good?

I'm in the same position although I'm looking at the Samsung Ace or the Huawei U8800 on PAYG or unlocked. (I need either to be on my Vodafone Sim).

I've seen the Huawei in the CFW for £173 (although currently out of stock) and the Galaxy Ace is available on T-Mobile for £159 at phone4u. The man in the shop assured me I could use a Vodafone Sim in this as this was an unlocked phone from them (Does anyone know if this is the case?)

The spec of the Huawei U8800 looks loads better (screen, processor etc..) although I've not seen a reliable review on this / it's not a well know brand which puts me off slightly. However I'd be grateful of any feedback anyone can give about this or suggest an alternative option.

Edited by urbanbumpkin

Guest Atomix86

Are these any good?

The Neo beats the Galaxy Ace hands down, but I imagine it will cost a little more per month to have it. There are a few other contenders you should consider for similar prices, such as the HTC Desire S and Desire HD, and of course you could spend a little extra and get something better such as the Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation. I would be totally against staying with Apple, but i'm biased ;).