Using the evc++ Smartphone 2002 emulator

Guest alkis_y3k

Guest alkis_y3k

I have configured evc++ correctly, and I can run my applications on the spv. However, I cannot get the emulator to work. It loads, and then the program doesnt run, it just stays at desktop. Help?

Guest spacemonkey

The only issue relating to this I am aware of is with personal firewalls.

If you are running zone alarm or norton firewall or something you need to give connection manager and the emulator rights to access the internet. Something to do with the way they talk to each other uses network connections which the firewalls believe is going external.

Hope that helps

Guest Shuflie

To use the emulator properly I think you need to have a network card installed or use a null modem cable to connect between two serial ports. Could be wrong though. The best thing to do would be to check out the microsoft smartphone developer news group and ask there.

Guest Richie M

Hi Alkis, i've got exactly the same problem and Shuflie is correct you need a null modem cable to connect between two serial ports! christ knows why & it took me ages to find that out, wish i knew before downloading and installing, wouldn't of bothered.

Guest spacemonkey

It will connect through networking without needing the null modem cable. If you have no network card in your machine you will need to install the microsft- loopback netwrok adapter. This is a software pretend network card but should make it work.

• 1 year later...
Guest desilva
If you are running zone alarm or norton firewall or something you need to give connection manager and the emulator rights to access the internet.

Could there be more to it than this? Norton Personal Firewall can be disabled from the system tray but it didn't help me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...unless NPF isn't getting sufficiently out of the way!

• 3 months later...
Guest larsdennert

I have a problem that the emulator tries to run (EVC3) and then crashes/reboots the machine when I build an app. If I load to the smartphone there's no crash. This machine runs XP Home and I don't particularly want to load it on a Win2K pro machine.