19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest johannes667

i found a solution on xda!!

Here is what I did before booting:

• factory reset
  • wipe cache
  • wipe dalvik
  • format /system
  • Flash main rom from zip
  • Flash bln patch
  • Flash Nimphetamine 2.0.5
  • Boot

with exact this steps it works....

Guest TheMathMan

i found a solution on xda!!

Here is what I did before booting:

• factory reset
  • wipe cache
  • wipe dalvik
  • format /system
  • Flash main rom from zip
  • Flash bln patch
  • Flash Nimphetamine 2.0.5
  • Boot

with exact this steps it works....

But... I don't want BLN or Nimphetamine. I believe the bootloops might be from the MCK so that might be why flashing Nimph works.

After all, the Gr1 with stock kernel work and I don't think Paul's changed the Core and Apps around much at all.

It runs and it seems to work but after the process it doesn't odex.

The very first time I ran it with a previous backed ROM, it worked and its icon disappeared. Now after running it and rebooting device, it is still there.

Ah, I have found the cause of this problem at least. Fix coming up in MCK r3.

P

Guest johannes667

But... I don't want BLN or Nimphetamine. I believe the bootloops might be from the MCK so that might be why flashing Nimph works.

After all, the Gr1 with stock kernel work and I don't think Paul's changed the Core and Apps around much at all.

test it without.... i can confirm that it works without bln for me! maybe you could flash the cf root kernel

OK, if you have a device in the 'bootloop state', could you try doing...

adb shell chown system /data/system && adb reboot

...for me?

I believe this will fix it.

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Chaps,

If all my apps are on my market account and there is nothing I need to keep on the phone, is it best to reinstall as fresh? Or doing a backup via titanium backup, will it restore my apps with their configs such as username and password too?

Cheers.

Just wondering if I turn this upgrade around in an hour to be back fully functional!

Guest hmptec

Bootloop at startup animation using Gr2 and non-BLN kernel from the Kitchen.

I should point out, I wiped system, data and cache for a clean install.

Same here. Boot loops. Full wipe. Happens every time, no matter what combinations I choose in the kitchen.

Guest donatinho

I am also uploading to MediaFire now and will update links as soon as the mirror is ready.

P

So, am I right if I say that although kitchen on post 2 still says Kernel v2, it will cook with kernel v3?

Guest donatinho

I've just baked a ROM, was this just a typo or will it still include the old kernel?

As he said, it's not even a typo, just he's updated the kitchen and not yet the post itself.

Guest mvheuver

OK, maybe this is a dumb question, but if you go for the Vanilla option, does that mean the stock dialler is not present? I would like to have a Vanilla version but I still like the stock dialler and the stock SMS programme. Or can I just install that afterwards somehow?

Guest Androidlover287

Not ready yet, sorry...

P

Thanks for the update, tell me when it is, because of SwagR's issue it made me scared to move roms :(