19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mynameisjon

Hey Paul,

this might not be a question that relates to your rom specifically.

My previous nwk_info.db file from /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/database/nwk_info.db seems to have been replaced by a version where the "nwkinfo" library is now devoid of all providers except "45001" which is SEC Test.

All the entries for other providers have been deleted.

I was wondering, where does the data from /data/data come from in a firmware file (.tar)

Is it the factoryfs.img?

Great rom so far Paul.

Though I'd make a couple requests/suggestions to make it even better tongue.gif

The browser mod that puts an option to change user agent in the settings

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1197496

And also a camera mod that allows you to take a photo with the volume down button (I know some people were talking about cm having it earlier in the thread)

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1183334

Any chance of removing the annoying Battery Low / Connect Charger sound.. it's loud and annoying.

K

Already and option in the kitchen my friend! ;)

P

Guest kayceejayh

Already and option in the kitchen my friend! ;)

P

It's not.. it's the wobble sound you get when the battery is at 15% or 10% and it asks you to connect the charger and kill tasks..

It's not.. it's the wobble sound you get when the battery is at 15% or 10% and it asks you to connect the charger and kill tasks..

Ah, the 'bom bom'... i'll find it and add it as an option. :)

P

Guest Montala

Thanks Paul,

I haven't posted on here for quite some time now, but having got a new Galaxy 2 due to arrive in about an hours time, I am very tempted to give your ROM a try.

I will now go back to have a read through this thread to see what I should, or shouldn't be doing!

Edit: Just updated my phone, in my Profile... I hadn't realised just how out of date it was!

Edited by Montala

The Gr3 release, based on XXKH1, is now online.

Points to note...

• I am currently mirroring the downloads to MediaFire, the server the downloads are sitting on is on a dedicated Gigabit link, so speeds *should* be OK in the interim
  • The ROM has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and every modification has been re-engineered to ensure no changes in KH1 are missed
  • Standard and vanilla prebakes are online now, i'm happy to take requests for 'other editions'
  • Thanks for your support :)

P

Guest mynameisjon

battery percentages not showing even though I baked that in :s<br><br>edit: seems like the advanced power mod is causing some problems.<br><br>long press power button = no network, launcher will FC.<br>

Edited by mynameisjon

battery percentages not showing even though I baked that in :s

Thanks, will check it out. Everything looks right in the kitchen. Please check the 'options.txt' in the root of your downloaded zip has '70' listed in it...

P

Guest mynameisjon

Thanks, will check it out. Everything looks right in the kitchen. Please check the 'options.txt' in the root of your downloaded zip has '70' listed in it...

P

yup, it's there..

could it be the mod isn't compatible with the new firmware?

do you need a logcat?

Guest mynameisjon

Kitchen updated to point out that the battery percentage mod is incompatible with the SIP over 3G option.

P

thanks. but i'm curious, i've had both options active prior to KH1, so i'm guessing the new firmware broke the compatibility?

Guest Kees Aarts

i bought "modaco ad-free" but why I cannot see bake button? huh.gif

I have the same problem... Paul can you help us?

Yesterday it worked for me but not anymore...