19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Alkymia

That is true, but he is running Gr6 himself. Im about to give up waiting and switch to another ROM. I doubt ill renew my Adfree sub Hes is doing a good job, but i cant justify spending £10 on 1 ROM.

that is my opinion aswell, having ppl making great roms, i can donate to 2 devs instead doing A TON more of job than Paul is doing in here, no excuses, 2 months without even posting here

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

For those "hard of reading" I've quoted Paul's original post.

Whilst I'm waiting for the next rom too, I have found MCR5 to be stable and serves my needs. I'm not "bigging up" MCR because I'm a mod here, I've quite happily run CM7 and other roms on other devices. However I've found MCR5 to be the best rom on my GalaxySII.

Paul will generally develop ROMs for a device until such time that they become stable and at which point he moves off onto another emerging device. In addition to which he has his consultancy work too. Paying for AdFree is not purchasing the rom, nor is it purchasing support for the rom. Like everyone here, I am keen to see the next ROM emerge, but whining about it won't encourage Paul. I have however pointed him in the direction of this thread, so that he can give us an update.

I'd like a new ROM but I read and agreed to the above before subscribing so haven't complained. Polite requests for updates are OK but I don't understand the whining.

I'm a long time member / lurker and even if we don't see another ROM I'll see my payment as a contribution for the site which has helped me a lot in the past.

As for new ROM, we don't get changelogs so don't know for sure what's changed. All I see in the newer official ROMS are UI tweaks. I've already moved on to the official KI3 ROM, but that's only because I couldn't get Google Search to launch when holding the Menu button at home screen. Something I use a lot.

Edited by Mujja

Guest Alkymia

I'd like a new ROM but I read and agreed to the above before subscribing so haven't complained. Polite requests for updates are OK but I don't understand the whining.

I'm a long time member / lurker and even if we don't see another ROM I'll see my payment as a contribution for the site which has helped me a lot in the past.

As for new ROM, we don't get changelogs so don't know for sure what's changed. All I see in the newer official ROMS are UI tweaks. I've already moved on to the official KI3 ROM, but that's only because I couldn't get Google Search to launch when holding the Menu button at home screen. Something I use a lot.

i would not be complaining if he doesnt let 2 months pass without 1 minute to reply here, i dont care if he updates or not, but its a sad behaviour to not give respect and tell the ppl who follows his work whats happening, not less, not more, if its like that, and hes not gonna develop more SGS2 roms, nice! but just have a short time and tell the ppl what ur going to do, i think its not much to ask

Edited by Alkymia

You have a valid point Alkymia.

Paul did reply when he returend from his holidays and said GR6 is in development. A quick update would be nice.

I've temporarliy jumped to the official ROM and when GR6 is released will come back. If not I hope my subscription gets me another custom ROM next year on another device :)

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I must say that I do concur that a little update would be great. Having spent a huge chunk of my working life in customer facing roles, people tend to be much happier when they know what's going on.

Perhaps as has kind of been mooted before ... rather than just Paul develops the MCR roms, he could use a team of MoDaCo devs. I know every dev has their own way of doing things. But to share the MCR tree and have a standard way of doing things would be great. Then new updates could easily be pared into the tree and updated kitchens released. Almost akin to the way Cyanogen works.

Im not complaining and i don't expect anything, but as i said i cant justify £10 for one ROM. Its just not value to me. Im happy with Gr5, but always want to try new things.

Guest Alkymia

in fact i think everyone here cares nothing about those 10 pounds , and i know he wrote when he came back from holidays, but nothing more, asked for requests to include in Gr6, thats not the problem, the problem is just not came in here and say, ye we got problems of battery drain, i'm on it, it will take me ... 3 weeks, i dont care how much time, but a little respect for the ppl who is interested in ur work.

Guest Alkymia

I must say that I do concur that a little update would be great. Having spent a huge chunk of my working life in customer facing roles, people tend to be much happier when they know what's going on.

Perhaps as has kind of been mooted before ... rather than just Paul develops the MCR roms, he could use a team of MoDaCo devs. I know every dev has their own way of doing things. But to share the MCR tree and have a standard way of doing things would be great. Then new updates could easily be pared into the tree and updated kitchens released. Almost akin to the way Cyanogen works.

+1 to u, thats exactly what i ment, i'm sorry if my english is not the best, but i think that's the way it should be to get things going, or just to stop things going, but at least let the ppl know what's gonna be

Guest artesea

A test free kitchen is now up for Gr5 here!

Gr6 is still on the way, i'm actively developing it now (along with the O2X ROM).

GSII is still my device of choice. :D

P

So the last comment here from Paul was in September, not exactly two months ago blink.gif

Guest Alkymia

So the last comment here from Paul was in September, not exactly two months ago blink.gif

1 comment in 2 months, mr perfect, thx for the note, thats the important thing xD

+1 to u, thats exactly what i ment, i'm sorry if my english is not the best, but i think that's the way it should be to get things going, or just to stop things going, but at least let the ppl know what's gonna be

No new rom...no problem, Paul "warned" us that this could happen

no time left for S2 development...also no problem.

No 60 seconds left to reply in a thread and fully ignore your visitors and the questions they ask.....bad for your reputation.

For me GR6 for S2 is a closed case. I've moved over to http://forum.xda-dev...play.php?f=1055

Edited by Celf

Guest Androidlover287

I don't think GR6 is coming, and i don't care, i will continue to use GR5 and i will also continue to support paul for aslong as i can, i think GR5 is stable.

What i'm saying is Yes maybe Paul doesn't have the time to update us on what's going on....so what, GR5 is a win for all of us here....nough said.

I Too have moved onto a different Rom (For testing purposes)

All i'm saying is Stick with GR5, if you don't like there is no updates, then move to another Rom and stop complaining.

Guest Husum182

FWIW i've not been happy with KI3, one of the reasons Gr6 is going to be skipped for Gr7.

P

Good to have you back on the GS2 forum with an update Paul :) - Cant wait to try out your KI8 rom when its ready!

Thank you for your work!

Guest Androidlover287

eager to try this gr7 now. rough idea when we can expect it?

Just optimised KI8 over night and going to upload that today if all goes well!

P

Guest jusumgeezer

FWIW i've not been happy with KI3, one of the reasons Gr6 is going to be skipped for Gr7.

P

Did you manage to find a solution for the 3G/2G problem? I know this has been a huge issue for you. Are we to presume you had no such problems on KI8?

Guest vanessa13006

Did you manage to find a solution for the 3G/2G problem? I know this has been a huge issue for you. Are we to presume you had no such problems on KI8?

Using KI8 since 2 days and i've no issue with 3G/2G