Whats the difference Gen1 / Gen2 ?????

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Hi, I and i`m sure alot of you like to keep up to date with the latest versions of custom roms for the ZTE Racer/X850/MTS 916 etc..

What i want to know is what is the difference between gen1 and gen2 roms apart from maybe better signal quality?

Is there any REAL advantage to using gen2 rom?

I`m thinking of checking this rom out but i have 1 racer only and dont want to mess it up sooooooo if i upgrade clockwork recovery mod to gen2 version and flash the rom will i be able to revert back to gen1 with no problems like splash screen change, IMEI number not being recognised by operator if i dont like it, is it a case of just re-installing clock recoverymod gen1 and then re-flash a gen1 rom, i think it maybe more trouble than its worth at the moment but hey thats why i`m asking :lol: , please reply and add your opinion.....

Edited by Racerboy

Guest darkmad

i think only kernel developers can say about diiference between gen1 and gen2(do not look at blade for answer). i wrote to u in another topic about rollback. flashing gen2 cwm on gen1 phone does vot allow u to flash gen2 rom, gen2 cwm will simply not work on gen1 phone. to jump between gens, tou need to use USDL or official MTS 2.2.2 updater, but last one will work ONLY on MTS916. I think there will be a reason to go to gen2 only when custom 2.3.x kernels will be ready.

Guest Racerboy

i think only kernel developers can say about diiference between gen1 and gen2(do not look at blade for answer). i wrote to u in another topic about rollback. flashing gen2 cwm on gen1 phone does vot allow u to flash gen2 rom, gen2 cwm will simply not work on gen1 phone. to jump between gens, tou need to use USDL or official MTS 2.2.2 updater, but last one will work ONLY on MTS916. I think there will be a reason to go to gen2 only when custom 2.3.x kernels will be ready.

thx for the info, i`ll go with my gut feeling and leave it for a while until a better safer way is developed for all versions of racer, this is really the early stages of gen2 custom rom development for devices and also for it to be ported to the racer in such a way that it is made easy for everybody to do, so until more roms are made as standard for racer that are gen2 i`ll stay on gen1.....thx