Want to clarify the steps to changing rom.

Guest m0nk666

Guest m0nk666

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if I need to follow everything in this thread Here or do I now just grab the VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2 file, and install it as per the full_system_flash_instructions.pdf file ? As far as I understand things, I can then use the option in the ModdedStock rom to install the Corvus5.zip file ? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick ? Thanks for your input.

Regards

Guest xathras

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if I need to follow everything in this thread Here or do I now just grab the VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2 file, and install it as per the full_system_flash_instructions.pdf file ? As far as I understand things, I can then use the option in the ModdedStock rom to install the Corvus5.zip file ? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick ? Thanks for your input.

Regards

Quote:- "So, flash this in nVflash recovery mode (exactly the same as the stock 1.10 image) and off you go. Done. No need to do anything else. You can use this base with any ROM, the ONLY downside is that 30mb of storage has been re-allocated from /data to /system, which most people won't even notice."

http://android.modac...edstock-110-v2/

Then you can use clockworkmod (recovery app) to install Corvus5.zip.

Edited by xathras

Guest m0nk666

Quote:- "So, flash this in nVflash recovery mode (exactly the same as the stock 1.10 image) and off you go. Done. No need to do anything else. You can use this base with any ROM, the ONLY downside is that 30mb of storage has been re-allocated from /data to /system, which most people won't even notice."

http://android.modac...edstock-110-v2/

Then you can use clockworkmod (recovery app) to install Corvus5.zip.

Hi Xathras ( like the name btw is it a Babylon 5 reference ?? )

The Clockworkmod I can dl in an apk file right ?

Regards

Hey Guys,

Regards

Yes, if you install the modded stock ROM, using those instructions, you can then download Corvus 5 and install it using CWM (accessed through Rom manager). Don't forget to download and install SP1 afterwards.

The data and system partitions in the modded stock ROM are different, with 30MB extra going to system.

Edited by lesd

Guest xathras

Yes, if you install the modded stock ROM, using those instructions, you can then download Corvus 5 and install it using CWM (accessed through Rom manager). Don't forget to download and install SP1 afterwards.

The data and system partitions in the modded stock ROM are different, with 30MB extra going to system.

If you install Vega Tools v4, it will install Corvus5 and SP1 for you. If you use clockworkmod you should do the 3 "wipes" if changing ROMs, as opposed to updating one. Two of the wipes are on the main clockworkmod menu and one is under "advanced" (can't be more specific 'cos my VegaComb-Build44 doesn't have clockworkmod).

You're the only person ever to have picked up the Babylon5 reference to my xathras I.D. (although it's should be spelled with a z).

http://android.modac...vega-tools-v40/

Edited by xathras

Guest m0nk666

Appreciate the responses guys :)

EDIT: That Vega Tools program is brilliant ! Thanks for link.

Regards

Edited by m0nk666

Guest m0nk666

Hey Guys,

Went out and bought my Vega today and installed Corvus ( w SP1) So far so good. The above thread was my homework :) Everything went very smoothly and no hiccups so far. Will wait until Vegacomb comes out of beta before trying that.

A few questions as to some decent apps to install. I know marketplace is flooded but was curious to get some ideas from peeps on what they use.

Interested in browser choice and task killing apps .. some games ( angry birds I know lol) etc ..

Thanks for your time and again appreciate the help with my understanding of getting it moderfied :)

Regards

Guest Durbybard

Hey Guys,

Went out and bought my Vega today and installed Corvus ( w SP1) So far so good. The above thread was my homework :) Everything went very smoothly and no hiccups so far. Will wait until Vegacomb comes out of beta before trying that.

A few questions as to some decent apps to install. I know marketplace is flooded but was curious to get some ideas from peeps on what they use.

Interested in browser choice and task killing apps .. some games ( angry birds I know lol) etc ..

Thanks for your time and again appreciate the help with my understanding of getting it moderfied :)

Regards

Hiya, for browser i use the stock browser included in the rom, you have opera mobile that's suppose to be good (didn't like it myself)

As for games, look for Dungeon Defenders, a good game altho maybe alittle big in size (don't worry the majority installs on sdcard), also look at the tegrazone games, one on there is free, a space type game if i remember correct, and some paid for games at under £2.

Other things i use is Launcher pro (changes the home screen layout) as well as some nice options, can upgrade for more features, MX video player is nice as if you have dolby digital 5.1 sound in a .avi file the sound is not heard, change the setting from Hardware render to software and sound comes out, not come across any other player that plays 5.1 audio sound myself and tried alot, also like the Sense Analog Clock Dark widget too, looks nice in middle of the main screen on vega.

Also look for the Honeycomb Theme V3 from this forum, looks nice and maybe worth an install, could also enable usb debugging on the vega, run vega tools 4 and install a custom boot animation, some really nice ones.

Anyway, just a few ideas maybe,

Chris

Hey Guys,

Regards

I use the stock browser TBH, and I use the settings app to kill individual tasks. I use system panel lite to kill all apps. I use setcpu to overclock to 1.5GHz and launcherpro cos it allows me to resize the icons on the home screen. I'm not into action games, but GOF2 plays very well on Corvus 5. BTW you will probably have to install flasplayer 10.3 from the marketplace.