Rubbish graphics performance compared to old phone that has the same GPU

Guest almighty15

Guest almighty15

Running Quadrant on me Xperia X10 shows it's still lagging behind my old ZTE Blade.

In the benchmark were the planet and moon are running I get around 45fps on my Xerpia but I got pretty much a solid 60fps on my old ZTE Blade

It's the same in other GPU tests as well, Neocore is 30fps on the Xperia but my Blade got 47fps.

I'm running the Wolf_GB_2.3_TW_V3 ( which is supposed to be un-capped FPS! ) ROM on my Xperia X10 and the Ginger Stir Fry ROM on my ZTE Blade

Why's the Xperia so much slower when they both have the same GPU? Better GPU drivers in the Blade ROM?

Guest Mayazcherquoi

Running Quadrant on me Xperia X10 shows it's still lagging behind my old ZTE Blade.

In the benchmark were the planet and moon are running I get around 45fps on my Xerpia but I got pretty much a solid 60fps on my old ZTE Blade

It's the same in other GPU tests as well, Neocore is 30fps on the Xperia but my Blade got 47fps.

I'm running the Wolf_GB_2.3_TW_V3 ( which is supposed to be un-capped FPS! ) ROM on my Xperia X10 and the Ginger Stir Fry ROM on my ZTE Blade

Why's the Xperia so much slower when they both have the same GPU? Better GPU drivers in the Blade ROM?

Try with the latest (v3.9.0). I believe (unsure of this though), that Zdzihu fixed the problem of a low FPS and managed to get an average of 54fps. :)

Guest almighty15
V3 isnt full FPS uncapped, V3.5 is the first with an average FPS of 54-55

I'm running 3.8 with the stable version + hotfix

Just checked your thread and it appears that 3.9 is out.

So should I downgrade to 3.5 to get a full FPS un-cap?

Edited by almighty15

Guest Wolfbreak

I dont get what you mean but FPS Uncap is only if you flash 3.5 ROM and the Updates, 3.9 includes all updates since 3.5 and the updates after 3.5 are all only for 3.5 and not for V3! 3.5 and Updates 3.6-3.9 only for 3.5 and not for 3.0!

Guest almighty15
I dont get what you mean but FPS Uncap is only if you flash 3.5 ROM and the Updates, 3.9 includes all updates since 3.5 and the updates after 3.5 are all only for 3.5 and not for V3! 3.5 and Updates 3.6-3.9 only for 3.5 and not for 3.0!

I just flashed with the lastest on your thread last night. Before the 3.9 update.

So what ever is before that is the rom I have.

has anyone tried chainfire 3D? not confident enough to try it myself

CF3D cannot improve the 3D performance,it is mainly determined by kernel/rom optimizationrolleyes.gif

cheers,

L

Edited by laill