As of TODAY (Aug,15 2011) HTC starts official boot loader UNLOCKING

Guest BruxoMor

Guest EddyOS

Using the official method will void any warranty and CANNOT be undone. If you still want your warranty go to XDA and get the reversible method and enjoy some custom ROMs already about based on Android 2.3.4

Guest angamb

Using the official method will void any warranty and CANNOT be undone. If you still want your warranty go to XDA and get the reversible method and enjoy some custom ROMs already about based on Android 2.3.4

Not strictly true.

"It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader may be covered under warranty".

"the side effects could possibly necessitate repairs to your device not covered under warranty"

I would read that meaning that your warranty would not be void (ie if a part failed unrelated to unlocking the bootloader like a connector or casing you would still be covered) but you might be expected to pay for repairs in cases that are obviously related (such as overclocking the processor or overheating the device - these would not be reversible in XDA forums either!)

Guest EddyOS

If you return the unit to stock after S-OFF using Revolutionary then HTC won't know that you over-clocked the unit (not that I do anyway). I'd much prefer to HTC not knowing what I do with my handset then have them know my personal details