CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

I have the problem with tethering as well.

I didn't have this with v2.0 .

Another problem I have(nearly the only one with v2.0) is that when I get a call, I can pick up, but when it is disconnected, the phone screen stays black.

All the rest works, I can hear new calls coming in but cannot pick up again.

I have the same problem with v2.5.

Is this due to the sensor ?

Greetz,

Disconv

Yes, it is.

I don't have the phone with me to say precisely but if I'm not mistaken there as calibration for that sensor on the App Drawer.

Guest Disconv

Yes, it is.

I don't have the phone with me to say precisely but if I'm not mistaken there as calibration for that sensor on the App Drawer.

The problem is, I knew I saw this App Drawer, but now I cant seem to find it :s Where should it be located?

This is the only problem for me with v2.0. I always have to get out the battery when I receive a call :s

Making a call is not a problem.

EDIT : I found the ZTE Settings... Trying Callibration now...

Greetz,

Disconv

Edited by Disconv

Guest Disconv

The problem is, I knew I saw this App Drawer, but now I cant seem to find it :s Where should it be located?

This is the only problem for me with v2.0. I always have to get out the battery when I receive a call :s

Making a call is not a problem.

EDIT : I found the ZTE Settings... Trying Callibration now...

Greetz,

Disconv

Still *** Settings Before Callibration ***.

I did this 3 times, 3 times this message, shut off the phone, started again, did the callibration again, but still the same message .

Screen still going blank when I puck up a call. I always have to reboot the phone(battery out and in again)

Greetz,

Nick

Guest Disconv

IT WORKS!

I pushed callibrate 3 times, shut down the phone, started it again, pushed another 3 times, restarted it, and then again 3 times i think :D

It always said *** Settings Before Callibration ***, but now when i get a call, the screen doesn't go blank, it stays on en proximity sensor works(about 4cm from my face i can touch the screen again)

Great mod btw! Loving it!!! But for now I will go back to v2.0 because tethering not working as well....?

Greetz,

Disconv

Guest Kayusumi

IT WORKS!

I pushed callibrate 3 times, shut down the phone, started it again, pushed another 3 times, restarted it, and then again 3 times i think :D

It always said *** Settings Before Callibration ***, but now when i get a call, the screen doesn't go blank, it stays on en proximity sensor works(about 4cm from my face i can touch the screen again)

Great mod btw! Loving it!!! But for now I will go back to v2.0 because tethering not working as well....?

Greetz,

Disconv

So it is normal that after calibration it shows *** Settings Before Callibration ***

Thanks!

Guest Disconv

So it is normal that after calibration it shows *** Settings Before Callibration ***

Thanks!

I don't know if it is normal :) But it worked for me. I can use the phone after a call and when i touch the screen(during the call) it doesn't do anything :)

Edited by Disconv

Guest Peterzon99

I don't know if it is normal :) But it worked for me. I can use the phone after a call and when i touch the screen(during the call) it doesn't do anything :)

But the screen doesn't switch off, is it? Is there anything in proximity sensor data in Zte Skate Settings?

Guest Petesky

need help...i dont have calendar installed cant find it on market or after flashing gapp...can someone help me please

You could try android pro widgets , its free

Guest victormun

Hi everyone,

First of all, good job for this ROM.

However, I've some trouble. I installed the latest version and when my phone loads it shows the error: "Insert PIN to unlock network" or something like that. It's like in a grey background... I'm wondering how I can fix that cause I believe that's the reason why I don't seem to be able to download stuff from the market. My sim card is Orange and I got an Orange MonteCarlo, so it's not related to a company issue I guess... and I didn't have that problem on the stock ROM. :S

Thank you in advance!

Experiencing the same - phone asks for network sim unlock code.

Nevermind. This has nothing to do with Market accessibility.

You should go to Settings / Wireless & networks / Mobile networks / Access Point Names

and ensure your "internet" APN is checked. If not, check it. Also go through APN settings and ensure they are correctly set according to what your provider requires.

Guest victormun

Experiencing the same - phone asks for network sim unlock code.

Nevermind. This has nothing to do with Market accessibility.

You should go to Settings / Wireless & networks / Mobile networks / Access Point Names

and ensure your "internet" APN is checked. If not, check it. Also go through APN settings and ensure they are correctly set according to what your provider requires.

And what are the consequences of getting that message?

I may be mistaken but I think that Lalit left "always on" on this prompt for the network unlock code.

I'm on Optimus, I inserted an Optimus SIM and it asked me for NCK, I did "Ignore" and I had all connectivity...

And what are the consequences of getting that message?

None. Just that you always have to dismiss it. I think it has something to do with SIM initialization. Network unlock code is asked before phone finds out that it is really in home network :)

(Your OMC is locked to be used within Orange only)

Edited by C3C0

None. Just that you always have to dismiss it. I think it has something to do with SIM initialization. Network unlock code is asked before phone finds out that it is really in home network :)

(Your OMC is locked to be used within Orange only)

It has something to do with the Phone.apk, there is a line that states whether the prompt for nck should be asked or not.(but it's for the ROM dev since it needs deodex and stuff :))

Guest trueno2k

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether there is someone here can help with my problem trying to integrate data apps into any and all future custom rom zips... A couple of good people here (namely tilal6991 & tillaz) helped me with the coding to add into the updater-script file so that I can modify the CM7 custom rom zips so that after flashing this modified rom zip it will install additional apps into the data apps storage, however, in my current progress to flashing my modified cm7-buzz-rom-247.zip (probably done 2 dozen failed flashes), none of the data apps will install, I found they just get extracted into the data/app folder!!!...

Here below is the coding in red that was given to me to add into the updater-script file so that I can add data apps to the phones internal app data storage, can someone here please help me with this problem and correct any of the coding below... I have very little coding experience, so can not see what the problem is that is causing the data apps to just be extracted into the data/app folder instead of installing them!!!...

Thanks in advance! ^_^

|

|

|

|

show_progress(0.200000, 0);

format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system");

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");

package_extract_dir("recovery", "/system");

package_extract_file("check_data_app", "/tmp/check_data_app");

set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/check_data_app");

run_program("/tmp/check_data_app");

format("yaffs2", "MTD", "userdata");

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "userdata", "/data");

delete_recursive("/data");

package_extract_dir("data", "/data");

set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0644, "/data/app");

delete_recursive("/system");

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

symlink("busybox", "/system/xbin/[", "/system/xbin/[[",

|

|

|

|

unmount("/system");

unmount("/data");

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether there is someone here can help with my problem trying to integrate data apps into any and all future custom rom zips... A couple of good people here (namely tilal6991 & tillaz) helped me with the coding to add into the updater-script file so that I can modify the CM7 custom rom zips so that after flashing this modified rom zip it will install additional apps into the data apps storage, however, in my current progress to flashing my modified cm7-buzz-rom-247.zip (probably done 2 dozen failed flashes), none of the data apps will install, I found they just get extracted into the data/app folder!!!...

Here below is the coding in red that was given to me to add into the updater-script file so that I can add data apps to the phones internal app data storage, can someone here please help me with this problem and correct any of the coding below... I have very little coding experience, so can not see what the problem is that is causing the data apps to just be extracted into the data/app folder instead of installing them!!!...

Thanks in advance! ^_^

if you are getting no errors & the problem is just that the apps are not installing, try installing them the normal way from your sd card, then get root explorer (or any other filer that will let you access the system)

go to data/app and copy the apps you just installed & paste to your sd card,

(they should look like com.example.apk or similar) then add them to your app/data file of the rom flash it and they will now install

i would advise you to try keep most of your apps at system/app as they will go on the system and use less space than app/data wink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest trueno2k

So do you mean that each apk file I include into the data/app folder of the rom zip that I want to install automatcially from the rom zip onto the OMC's internal data storage needs to be named exactly as it should be when installing each app normally on the android install system?... I'd rather have very little personal (non-CM7) apps in the system/app folder in the rom zip (and on the OMC phone's internal system partition), as I don't wanna keep needing to manually pushing all the new updated apps to replace the ones which are on the system app partition on the OMC just to stop filling up the data apps storage/partition with system app updates, I'd like to keep the system app partition with only apps that I rarely update...

Thanks for the reply and I'll go and try your first suggestion now to see if that makes any differences... Cheers... ^_^

if you are getting no errors & the problem is just that the apps are not installing, try installing them the normal way from your sd card, then get root explorer (or any other filer that will let you access the system)

go to system/ app and copy the apps you just installed & paste to your sd card,

(they should look like com.example.apk or similar) then add them to your app/data file of the rom and they will now install

i would advise you to try keep most of your apps at system/app as they will go on the system and use less space than app/data wink.gif

you should be able to update apps that are on the system... i can

its not a case of renaming them, its getting the actual installed .apk

when installing them manually from sd card i should of said go to app/data not system/data.. sorry huh.gif

read it again i have changed it to the way it should be biggrin.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest Disconv

Is the YoutubeApp in GAPPS? I installed gapps(with zip file from recovery) but there is no youtube app and i can't seem to find it.

Can I install gapps again? Will he ask for what applications to install again or not?

Anybody any ideas?

Disconv

Guest Kayusumi

Is the YoutubeApp in GAPPS? I installed gapps(with zip file from recovery) but there is no youtube app and i can't seem to find it.

Can I install gapps again? Will he ask for what applications to install again or not?

Anybody any ideas?

Disconv

Just download youtube from market.