CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest dadashi

I just flashed V3.0 (upgraded from V2.5 without any wipe) and I have no problem with my 512MB ext3 partition at the end of my 8GB card either.

Thanks for your answer, its good to know it works with you.

Could there be a 16GB mirosd compatibility problem with V2,5 and V3...?

Guest Kayusumi

Thanks for your answer, its good to know it works with you.

Could there be a 16GB mirosd compatibility problem with V2,5 and V3...?

For me, I use ext3-1GB for Link2SD and it works without any problems

My microSD card is patriot 16GB c10 and I think ext3 is better for sdcard than ext4@@

Edited by Kayusumi

Guest dadashi

Could be a problem wirth your card, indeed. Do you have a chance to try with an other one?

I might be able to try it in an HTC Desire HD tomorow...but that wont solve my problem...

The funny thing is that Ext.* works great in cm V2 and all the BlueMonte

Edited by dadashi

Guest tilal6991

I might be able to try it in an HTC Desire HD tomorow...but that wont solve my problem...

The funny thing is that Ext.* works great in cm V2 and all the BlueMonte

Why can't the second partition be a fat32? It works even better than ext2/3/4

Why can't the second partition be a fat32? It works even better than ext2/3/4

CWM formats it to ext3 when doing wipes / changing roms,

Edited by tillaz

Guest painkiller_93

lalit, could you upload the kernel you are using in this rom as a separate installable .zip? It would be nice being able to flash it into other roms as it's faster, has a better cpu float point score, and has more governors than the other kernels available.

lalit, could you upload the kernel you are using in this rom as a separate installable .zip? It would be nice being able to flash it into other roms as it's faster, has a better cpu float point score, and has more governors than the other kernels available.

It's not that simple mate.

This kernel is designed for 2.3.7 not for 2.3.5 or 2.3.4, unless modifications are made in order for it to work in other rom's it won't help you much.

As always, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I bought the Zte skate as a bit of an upgrade from the OSF this morning, unlocked it, rooted it, put clockwork on it, but I'm still using the stock rom. If I was to update to CM, would I do exactly the same procedure as i did to apply a rom to the OSF? As in copy to sd card, reboot the phone in clockwork, wipe, and install?

Guest tilal6991

I bought the Zte skate as a bit of an upgrade from the OSF this morning, unlocked it, rooted it, put clockwork on it, but I'm still using the stock rom. If I was to update to CM, would I do exactly the same procedure as i did to apply a rom to the OSF? As in copy to sd card, reboot the phone in clockwork, wipe, and install?

Yes.

Guest dadashi

Thats what the OMC should have been when it came out in August this year, an OSF upgrade / replacement...but locked nobody wanted them. I didnt take mine out for three months untill I finaly got unlocked.

Now the unlock has finaly been done, no thanks to orange, its too late.

There is so much on offer, christmas is nearing, old stock is being replaced. Windows Smartphones are going dead cheap. You can pick up new Samsung Galaxys and Desire HDs for just over £200...

having said that you cant get anything better for £119, specialy with the christmas gift box and free headphones on offer now

Edited by dadashi

1321305141' post=1844930']

Thats what the OMC should have been when it came out in August this year, an OSF upgrade / replacement...but locked nobody wanted them. I didnt take mine out for three months untill I finaly got unlocked.

Now the unlock has finaly been done, no thanks to orange, its too late.

There is so much on offer, christmas is nearing, old stock is being replaced. Windows Smartphones are going dead cheap. You can pick up new Samsung Galaxys and Desire HDs for just over £200...

having said that you cant get anything better for £119, specialy with the christmas gift box and free headphones on offer now

To be honest I'm surprised how much I've noticed an improvement over the blade. The skate just seems a lot more polished.

One final question: I've just installed CM, but didn't realise there'd be no google apps. How would I go about installing these?

Guest Unchange

How do I fix the wifi issue? I unclocked my phone then did a clean install of the newest CM and still have the same problem. The wifi randomly seems to stop working and when I go to try and connect a little "error" message appears under the wifi connect tick box. I'm guessing it is to do with the Google sync of this stuff that someone mentioned before but I still haven't seen a straightforward guide as to how to solve this. Please help.

How do I fix the wifi issue? I unclocked my phone then did a clean install of the newest CM and still have the same problem. The wifi randomly seems to stop working and when I go to try and connect a little "error" message appears under the wifi connect tick box. I'm guessing it is to do with the Google sync of this stuff that someone mentioned before but I still haven't seen a straightforward guide as to how to solve this. Please help.

Did you simply unlock without reading anything?

Did you write down your MAC Address?

Here's the "straightforward" guide to solve it:

Edited by D3abL3

Guest dadashi

I've swapped my 16GB for a 32GB microsd and re-partitioned and installed S2E and my Ext3 partition is fine now.

Thanks again Tilal for the great Cyanogenmod7 roms...hope you can get skate on to the official cyanogenmod list

Guest Geeks Squad

As i have unlock my phone now i need to put a new rom on it. I would like to give this one a go but how do i go about getting the android market on the rom once installed.

Thank you on any help...

Guest Geeks Squad

Yes it works now thanks how can i install the apps from the market to my sd card without using the space on the phone. In application settings > manage applications > then pick the app to move but i get a message "failed to move application. there is not enough storage left.

Can anyone help me...