CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest FoxVictor.be

Hi again and thanks for your reply! :)

I downloaded the files you told me to. post #619 (also edited my post :P)

Then I switched off my device and then connected it to my pc hold down the volume button and switched on.

It got to the FTM mode.

What should I do next?

Should I open the QSPT and then the software download?

If I do so I can't find anywhere the options for wipe data,wipe cache,and,wipe dalvik cache.

An other thing I cant understand is how to install from SD. Should I copy the ROM to my sd before I do anything?

As I told I'm really new to these things so...Sorry :unsure:

Thanks again :)

Edited by epis

Assuming you have downloaded the recovery from the link.

1)go to setting on your phone,then applications,development,enable usb debug.

2)connect to computer with usb cable(assuming you have zte drivers already on your computer)

3)run the windows.bat file,this will give you custom recovery.

4)install the rom you have transfered to your sd,or downloaded to sd from android browser.

The way to install from sd card.

using volume keys to go up or down the menu,and home to make a selection.

1)go into recovery from a powered down phone by pressing power and volume down at same time(keep volume down till you see recovery.)

2)select wipe data,wipe cache,wipe.dalvik cache

3)select install from sd,and navigate to where the rom is and install

4)done reboot and enjoy

Edited by Guest

Where can I find/get tun.ko kernel module? I need it to configure OpenVPN. Thanx.

EDIT: Looks like it is already in the kernel. OpenVPN works fine.

Edited by C3C0

Hey fellows, any of you have a problem activating Waiting Call? Settings -> Call Settings -> Additional Settings -> Tick the Call Waiting(to me this is unselecatble)

Guest dadashi

Hey fellows, any of you have a problem activating Waiting Call? Settings -> Call Settings -> Additional Settings -> Tick the Call Waiting(to me this is unselecatble)

works fine on my omc

Tilal,

Any fix for VGA recording support...?

currently with V3 only 352x288 available in standard camera app, lgcamera doesnt work either

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

I finally installed V2.5 and gave the phone to my dad last Thursday.

He's really enjoying it, but for a couple of minor problems:

- Is there any radio app better than the stock one? Only 5 preset frequencies is a no-go for my dad.

- He had trouble playing video. We have tried the stock video player, Quickpic, Mobo Player (with ARM6VFP codec) and MxPlayer (with the codec also installed). We get audio but no video in a file recorded from another Android phone (the file plays OK in my sister's Desire Z and y mom's iPod Touch)

Thank you in advance.

BTW, I tried Spirit Radio, which I really like, but I cannot make it work in the Skte

Guest tilal6991

- Is there any radio app better than the stock one? Only 5 preset frequencies is a no-go for my dad.

- He had trouble playing video. We have tried the stock video player, Quickpic, Mobo Player (with ARM6VFP codec) and MxPlayer (with the codec also installed). We get audio but no video in a file recorded from another Android phone (the file plays OK in my sister's Desire Z and y mom's iPod Touch)

Thank you in advance.

BTW, I tried Spirit Radio, which I really like, but I cannot make it work in the Skte

Try v3

Thank you in advance.

tunein radio is very good

Guest tilal6991

The link to version 3 shows...

The page does not exist.

... what had changed from ver 2.5 to 3 - thanks :)

A lot. There are severall fixes for various problems - some of yours have been fixed as well I think.

Link updated BTW

Guest dadashi

D3abL3

I've seen you posting in the Elitemovil Spanish forum.

Whats your opinion of that rom? Ive found it has several problems. The screen turns off during making a call and won't come back on untill call ends. Also it has problems opening flash streams. And it has rebooted itself 3 times in a day.

D3abL3

I've seen you posting in the Elitemovil Spanish forum.

Whats your opinion of that rom? Ive found it has several problems. The screen turns off during making a call and won't come back on untill call ends. Also it has problems opening flash streams. And it has rebooted itself 3 times in a day.

From the problems you named I didn't have any.

Only problem is on BT. It works on sending files, but can't receive.

Flash streams OK

Proximity Sensor OK

Reboots NONE

That ROM is simply amazing, smooth and fast.

I got 56fps on Circle Glowing and 26fps on Warriors on AnTuTu, total of 638 on 3D Graphics score.

Only thing that really miss there is a powerwidget on status bar like CM, cuz that's the thing I mostly use on any ROM :P

Edited by D3abL3

Guest dadashi

From the problems you named I didn't have any.

Only problem is on BT. It works on sending files, but can't receive.

Flash streams OK

Proximity Sensor OK

Reboots NONE

That ROM is simply amazing, smooth and fast.

I got 56fps on Circle Glowing and 26fps on Warriors on AnTuTu, total of 638 on 3D Graphics score.

Only thing that really miss there is a powerwidget on status bar like CM, cuz that's the thing I mostly use on any ROM :P

Ther's a euronews app in market, could you run that and see if it streams euronews channel on the Elitmovil rom...?

Ther's a euronews app in market, could you run that and see if it streams euronews channel on the Elitmovil rom...?

<_< You're making me flash it back, but I can tell you right now that in CM7 works flawlessly.

I'll flash Elitemovil and tell you something asap.

Guest dadashi

Sorry, don't bother. I already know it doesn't work! You're right about cm7....

480p recording would be great, currently with V3 its stuck at 352x288....I seem to remember that V2 did have 640x480 video recording

Sorry, don't bother. I already know it doesn't work! You're right about cm7....

480p recording would be great, currently with V3 its stuck at 352x288....I seem to remember that V2 did have 640x480 video recording

Well... now I already flashed it, so I'll try anyway :P

I believe it may not work on app's, but on sites it does work.