CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest dadashi

It's Euronews Live right?

It doesn't work indeed on EM.... but on the web it works :huh:

P.S.: Also works with Live TV(Flash) as well.

EDIT

Sorry for double-posting...

Thanks for trying that, I will have a look at TV flash maybe tomorow....I dont want to have another late night playing with my omc.

Hi,

I downloaded the rom, renamed it as update.zip and transferred it to my sd card.

Then I run the windows.bat file as you told me. Till now everything is fine.

But after that, when I try to boot in recovery, by pressing the volume down button, it doesn't get to recovery mode, but to FTM mode.

I checked everything twice, drivers, clockwork etc and everything looks to be fine.

The only think I managed to do was to get in a mode (where I could see the wipe choices) by pressing both volume up and home button, but when I get there the device is continuously rebooting automatically.

What is, that I do wrong??? :huh::(

Is there any guide for twits like me???

Thank you...

Edited by epis

Guest dibbles

Would we need an update to this ROM before a higher resolution of video recording could happen..? In other words it couldn't be worked around by an app or anything from the market...?

@epis - unless I'm wrong you seem to have two threads on the go at the moment one in the unlocking section and then the ones here. But as the ones in the unlocking section do not seem to have been concluded, but left open with problems and concerns, what position are you in with your phone...?

For me I unlocked and installed CWM before I bothered to try another ROM.

Hello, I use the v 3.0 ROM and found three problems compared to original ROM 2,3,5.

The mail client is no option to download only subjects, not the entire message. The second problem is that despite the Total Commander do not send apk files.

And I miss the ability to add to Czech dictionary Android keyboard.

Otherwise I am quite happy, good job.

Sorry of my English.

Edited by Zelych

Guest Chris_67

I can watch it. CM7 v3.0

I can't (CM7v3.0@960MHz). Could tihs be a player issue? Which player are you using?

Btw. can't install Mobo-Player. Market pretends my phone isn't compatible. Could this be because the player is not compatible to Android 2.3.7?

Edited by Chris_67

I can't (CM7v3.0@960MHz). Could tihs be a player issue? Which player are you using?

Btw. can't install Mobo-Player. Market pretends my phone isn't compatible. Could this be because the player is not compatible to Android 2.3.7?

I used stock player.

I tried with Stock, Quickpic, Mobo Player and MxPlayer (both of them installed without any problem in my dad's phone).

Both Mobo and Mx needed a codec pack for ARMv6VFP, which I installed.

I'm completely clueless, more so since D3abL3 can watch it.

Guest Chris_67

Please verify and if it works, tell me how you did. Because for me it doesn't work with the stock player, nor does it with MX Video Player (with extra ARMv6-Codecs) @960MHz. I can hear the voice clearly, but I get 4-5 still frames.

Please verify and if it works, tell me how you did. Because for me it doesn't work with the stock player, nor does it with MX Video Player (with extra ARMv6-Codecs) @960MHz. I can hear the voice clearly, but I get 4-5 still frames.

I simply opened with gallery, nothing else :unsure:

On first and second plays the video was playing fine but near the middle it frozen and I could hear a tick tick tick tick tick tick tick....

Guest dadashi

I know it's been a topice here many times but I can't find the proximity sensor calibration. Where is it?

I've been flashing between so many roms I think I've messed up the proximity sensor calibration...

I've just installed CM7 on my new OMC and I have a problem with bluetooth preventing the phone from sleeping. On my old Blade running a non-CM GB ROM I have bluetooth on all the time as I regularly connect it to a helmet headset and the phone sleeps correctly when the screen is off. But with this ROM, Spare Parts shows Running at 100% whenever bluetooth is enabled and the battery drains away in no time. :(

In fact the problem is exactly as described here: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2136

Is there any solution to this besides enabling/disabling bluetooth every time I want to use it?

Same Problem here...!!!

The thing is that in order to get in recovery mode I had to press (volume up + power) and not volume down, as told.

After you manage to get in recovery mode you realize that there are only 4 options.

1.reboot

2. install from update.zip

3.factory wipe

4. data wipe

No other choices.

Nevertheless you can still install CM7 but if you do so, you will not have any apps etc because you can't navigate to the .zip file with the gapps.

In addition you can't get in recovery mode never again.

What ever i tried to do, I was always getting to the screen with the green android robot then the back button was becoming red and stuck there.

Rom manager is useless for skate because there is no clockworkmod support for it yet.

Any ideas??? Is there a way to format the device totally and install everything from scratch???

Thanks...

I can't boot into recovery mode, when I do the back button becomes red.

Guest tilal6991
Same Problem here...!!!

The thing is that in order to get in recovery mode I had to press (volume up + power) and not volume down, as told.

After you manage to get in recovery mode you realize that there are only 4 options.

1.reboot

2. install from update.zip

3.factory wipe

4. data wipe

No other choices.

Nevertheless you can still install CM7 but if you do so, you will not have any apps etc because you can't navigate to the .zip file with the gapps.

In addition you can't get in recovery mode never again.

What ever i tried to do, I was always getting to the screen with the green android robot then the back button was becoming red and stuck there.

Rom manager is useless for skate because there is no clockworkmod support for it yet.

Any ideas??? Is there a way to format the device totally and install everything from scratch???

Thanks...

Reinstall clockwork mod.

Ok guys I managed to find out the solution for the recovery problem.

It seems that we have to root the device and then install the clockworkmod.

If the device is not rooted we can't get in full recovery mode and the rom is not installed properly, because dalvik cache can't be wiped and gapps can't be installed.

I think the admins should remove the post #620

Ok guys I managed to find out the solution for the recovery problem.

It seems that we have to root the device and then install the clockworkmod.

If the device is not rooted we can't get in full recovery mode and the rom is not installed properly, because dalvik cache can't be wiped and gapps can't be installed.

I think the admins should remove the post #620

Seriously? :lol:

You don't need root to get clockwork recovery, you just need fastboot and need to know how to work with these things cuz if you don't then it will be everythings fault.....

I had a Galaxy ACE not rooted with cwr, I had my OMC not rooted with cwr, I had a Boston not rooted with cwr.

Edited by D3abL3

Guest trueno2k

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering whether anyone here are having problems with version 3 of CM7.1 for skate when installing apps from the Android Market which previously were able to install??? I've tried versions Android Market 3.1.5, 3.3.11, & 3.3.12, all of which state that my "device is not compatible with this item"... Here below is an example of what I mean!... I previous reduced the density from 240 to 200, everyone on the internet say is the cause for this problem but when I tried resetting the density back to 240 and retried installing the same app in the example below, I still get the below response from Android Market...

PLEASE HELP!!!... I'm getting really frustrated with this and can not find other sources to some of the apps I want to install!!!... I also noticed that my baseband has gone unknown and I can not remember what it was! Could this be another reason why I can't install alot of apps from Android Market???... If this can not be resolved, I might just fall back to version 2 or 2.5 of skate CM7.1 to see whether version 3 is the cause as I just can not see where else the problem can be!!!...

I thank you all that reply in advance for helping... Cheers ^_^

notcompatible.png

I have this same issue, which I don't have with other ROMs.

The baseband issue is deeper in the ROM configuration settings, maybe on init.rc since changing that on build.prop does nothing...

I tried modifying the build.prop in order to be similar to a ROM that allowed me to install ADW Launcher for example but no luck, so I assume is deeper than this...not even changing the fingerprint worked....

I won't bother that since I can use other sources for the apps I need, but Lalit should take a look in this.