CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Forgive my question, but.... why do you need a Task Manager after all?

Android system can manage its running apps quite good so no need to force close any of 'em as it is not advisable...

task managers are not good,as you say android manages just fine without them.

It would be better to use xda supercharger to optimize ram.

task managers are not good,as you say android manages just fine without them.

It would be better to use xda supercharger to optimize ram.

That's an awesome suggestion, I've been using this scrip and it is quite good.

I think it's very useful, it can close services or applications that can't be closed by other task manager apps. But it's only a supposition.

I don't say it is not useful, I used task killers/managers too, but they're not healthy for Android system cuz it manages itself.

Look how a Task Manager can do the exact opposite of what you want...

taskmanager300x500.jpg

As you can see many apps are running in bg but they're not even consuming 1% of CPU, while the Task Manager which is supposed to "clean" the system is the one that is consuming more resources :lol:

Edited by D3abL3

What options did you insert in the script (from 1 to 17)? On xda a guest says to insert 6, then 3 and then 16. What about you?

6, 18 & 19 and I made a widget of engine flush.

2, 3 & 4 are for 256mb ram afaik.

Edited by D3abL3

6, 18 & 19 and I made a widget of engine flush.

2, 3 & 4 are for 256mb ram afaik.

You can set engine flush auto.Mine flushes every 3 hour,and I use option 6 for balanced multi tasking.

@D3abL3,that picture above is a very good point,can see clearly how taskmanager is using more cpu to shut down apps that are not even active.

Edited by Guest

You can set engine flush auto.Mine flushes every 3 hour,and I use option 6 for balanced multi tasking.

Hi, how to make it run automatically every 3 hours? Thanks.

Hi, how to make it run automatically every 3 hours? Thanks.

Open script manager/run supercharger script/option 18/after 18 been run/go script manager main interface/menu/more/advanved options/scheduler/setup schedule by navigating to data/engine flush/select save not run/set times etc to your liking.Done

Edited by Guest

Guest Christian Edwards

I had trouble with the un-calibrated proximity which could be sorted with the *983*0# code.

Now on CM7 version3 the problem has returned, I have been using the ZTE Skate Settings to Calibrate but its not a permanent solution and needs to be done after every reboot, and some times I forget.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I had trouble with the un-calibrated proximity which could be sorted with the *983*0# code.

Now on CM7 version3 the problem has returned, I have been using the ZTE Skate Settings to Calibrate but its not a permanent solution and needs to be done after every reboot, and some times I forget.

I allso had that with the pevious version. And a friend had it with the latest version.

So i made a nandroid backup from my phone and put it on his phone and he still has te same problem. If he reboots and gets a call his screen goes black...

Guest vdubster

I've noticed sometimes when i turn on my wifi connection it fails to connect to my home broadband, however if i turn on airplane mode for a few seconds and then try wifi again it works. Any one else have this?

J

Guest almera8

I allso had that with the pevious version. And a friend had it with the latest version.

So i made a nandroid backup from my phone and put it on his phone and he still has te same problem. If he reboots and gets a call his screen goes black...

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday reinstalled CM7 after changing the TPT, so I think it is a clean install. It didn't solve the problem unfortunately.

Guest Unchange

Does anyone else have problems with the microphone input volume? And also the output volume? This has been reported by at least 2 people now (including me), so I guess this is just the way the rom is. Nevertheless, it ought to be resolved, really going to be forced back to BM or another rom otherwise, but I want the CM features =(

Guest stoian_zs

Where can I see Android_ID in this rom? In one application (Kick it out) is need Android_ID - unique otherwise the registration is not possible. So there is this rоm? And if no,how can I try to change my ID.? Thank you in advance.

Edited by stoian_zs

Guest Wacky.ddw

Id like at least VGA video recording....then Id come back to cm

Yea i really like all the extra functions, like notificationbar tweaks, being able to rename things on desktop... But the camera is really crappy :( And Atomicblue looks mutch nicer :D

But still i cant wait for Cyanogenmod 9

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest TomDarko

Hey guys, i know i'm going to sound like a right noob here, but this is my first time flashing my phone. I managed to get through the whole process and install this rom and everything is great on it but this is the part where you will laugh i downloaded the google market .apk file and installed now it says i need to add a account to my phone....i guessed this would be under accounts and sync but when i put in my email and password it says something about a domain??? :s i just wish i could get the market working.

This is my first android phone :) sorry about the really silly question

Hey guys, i know i'm going to sound like a right noob here, but this is my first time flashing my phone. I managed to get through the whole process and install this rom and everything is great on it but this is the part where you will laugh i downloaded the google market .apk file and installed now it says i need to add a account to my phone....i guessed this would be under accounts and sync but when i put in my email and password it says something about a domain??? :s i just wish i could get the market working.

This is my first android phone :) sorry about the really silly question

Just open the market app,it will ask you to add an account there,enter your Google account and that should be all.

Do you have a Google email address?

I have used this mod for my ZTE Skate and I can say that everything is fine except one problem, that is very annoying...

- I set in menu>settings>cyanogenmod>audio> check "play only through speaker" > Ringtones

- I connect earphones

- When I get a call then ringtones just play through earphones not the speaker

This way is impossible to leave headphones plugged in while not using phone and get calls... :(

Has anyone the same problem with this mod?

Is there any chance to fix it in next version of this mod?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Guest Atomix86

Got a few questions for anyone who uses this as their daily:

1. Is it rock stable?

2. Is it smoother than the stock ZTE 2.3.5 ROM?

3. Is the camera as good as (or better) than stock?

4. How is battery life?

5. Does it have the YouTube freeze error?

Any vids would be nice too :P

1. I would say it is rock stable,but if you dig deep,I am sure there are one or two glitches,but nothing to make it any less stable.

2. I would say so yes,sometimes,it seems to me that cm7 is smoother than stock 2.3.5

3. No,camera is the one let down,but that has always been a problem with cm7(not just ours,but the official rom too)

4. Battery life is good for me,but its down to each persons usage,so nobody can answer that but the one asking the question.

5. Cant say I have ever had youtube freeze,not on any rom or device.Can you explain more by how exactly youtube freezes ?

Edited by Guest