CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest Wacky.ddw

Is the latest (3.0) rom stable?

Is there any bugs?

Hows the battery life?

I noticed in comments above someone was having a problem with the market not been there is this fixed?

Thanks, just i am only planning on flashing a rom once and want to make sure everything is good with this rom.

lalit6991 stopped working on this ROM so its stable enough.

there is the proximity sensor bug, but thats a known problem almost every ROM has it. The fix is also in the tutorial under the installing a rom part.

IMO battery life is the best from al the ROMs out there.

There is no market problem you have to flash google apps afterwards i posted the link above. After you flashed the ROM just flash it the same way.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest myndfuk

Ok so I flashed this now and been o/c'd @1036mhz stable for last 48 hours and only one crash so far (skyfire) piece of sluggish crapware anyway! Thanks for the help here to get me this far.

Only issues that I have now and these may or may not be related to the new rom:

Sound quality on headphones is shamful!!! Sounds like I am playing karaoke, no vocals present on any tracks just the beat and faint guitar lol. No amount of fiddling with the stock settings or the dsp settings helps at all. Weak driver implentation or the dreaded signal interence, not sure, gonna try bluetooth headphones soon, see if that makes a dif. The sound BTW on speaker is freaking great! Anyone know if there are better audio drivers/codecs I can install that might help? ANyone else have sound issues on the OMC?

The ADW launcher is laggy on opening and scolling the apps, using launcher pro now and it feels more like my sg2, very smooth. last Quadrant score = 1500+

Some widgets installing but unable to set.

All in all BRILLIANT work and thanks!

Edited by myndfuk

Guest Wacky.ddw

Ok so I flashed this now and been o/c'd @1036mhz stable for last 48 hours and only one crash so far (skyfire) piece of sluggish crapware anyway! Thanks for the help here to get me this far.

Only issues that I have now and these may or may not be related to the new rom:

Sound quality on headphones is shamful!!! Sounds like I am playing karaoke, no vocals present on any tracks just the beat and faint guitar lol. No amount of fiddling with the stock settings or the dsp settings helps at all. Weak driver implentation or the dreaded signal interence, not sure, gonna try bluetooth headphones soon, see if that makes a dif. The sound BTW on speaker is freaking great! Anyone know if there are better audio drivers/codecs I can install that might help? ANyone else have sound issues on the OMC?

The ADW launcher is laggy on opening and scolling the apps, using launcher pro now and it feels more like my sg2, very smooth. last Quadrant score = 1500+

Some widgets not installing.

All in all BRILLIANT work and thanks!

I just disabled the animations and set the scrolling cache on lowest... that makes it all go faster. 1036mhz, that cant be stable or you would be the first one. Most people report 960mhz is the highest they can go.

Guest myndfuk

I just disabled the animations and set the scrolling cache on lowest... that makes it all go faster. 1036mhz, that cant be stable or you would be the first one. Most people report 960mhz is the highest they can go.

Thanks for the tip, will try those settings.

Define stable? rolleyes.gif Like I said I have had one app crash, and set the max clock @ 1036 and min to 245 and governor to ondemand and so far so good, well unless I have not done something right I must be the first lol! Yay first whoohoo!

post-954090-0-69749700-1325341455_thumb.

post-954090-0-37725700-1325341988_thumb.

Edited by myndfuk

Guest Atomix86

The proximity bug is the biggest issue with this rom, even if by magic you manage to get the calibration to work successfully (which I never could, best I could get was it always staying on during calls), it still resets the calibration setting when rebooting the phone or turning it off etc.

Another two bugs I found are setting a custom lock screen background makes the image look really bad and blocky, and using lockscreen gestures causes a reboot after the second gesture.

Imo it shouldn't have been left as it is now because it's not stable enough for daily use, especially for someone like myself who uses the phone a lot, the proximity issue is crippling and a deal breaker.

Guest SWOriginal

I've never had proximity issue with my skate.. on any rom

It was a big issue with my blade (had to calibrate my phone everytime I changed my rom)(this was solved by calibrating under the brightest light I had available )

Guest Wacky.ddw

The proximity bug is the biggest issue with this rom, even if by magic you manage to get the calibration to work successfully (which I never could, best I could get was it always staying on during calls), it still resets the calibration setting when rebooting the phone or turning it off etc.

Another two bugs I found are setting a custom lock screen background makes the image look really bad and blocky, and using lockscreen gestures causes a reboot after the second gesture.

Imo it shouldn't have been left as it is now because it's not stable enough for daily use, especially for someone like myself who uses the phone a lot, the proximity issue is crippling and a deal breaker.

If i restore a cyanogenmod backup i also have the proximity isue every time i reboot, have you tried flashing the rom over again without wipes that solved it for me.

So flash ROM, and google apps. reboot and flash it again.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest adroid starter

I am new to the android system. Just got my OMC from Argos several days ago and started playing with the phone. I unlocked the phone, installed Clockworkmod and the CM7 version 3.0 from here. Google App CyanogenMod 7flashed as well. The system runs stable, but with some problems with me.

1. The sim contacts is not showing in the Contacts.

2. When trying to add a contact, there is no option to add the contact into sim.

3. When using the messaging app to compose new message, can not select from saved contacts for receiver, only option is to type the phone number directly.

Anyone experience the same problems or knowing how to fix them?

Without sorting these issues, it is inconvenient to use this rom in a daily basic.

Any hints and advices would be much appreciated!

Guest Atomix86

If i restore a cyanogenmod backup i also have the proximity isue every time i reboot, have you tried flashing the rom over again without wipes that solved it for me.

So flash ROM, and google apps. reboot and flash it again.

I've tried every combination of flashing, with and without wipes, no dice. I'm pretty well versed in rom installation and android in general so I don't think there is anything else I can do. Imo this thread should be shut or the work transferred to another dev to iron out the breaking bugs. Or everyone should just go onto atomic :P.

Edited by Atomix86

Guest myndfuk

3. When using the messaging app to compose new message, can not select from saved contacts for receiver, only option is to type the phone number directly.

Same for me, but its easier to go to a contact via contacts first then select compose new message than opening messaging first.

Guest adroid starter

Same for me, but its easier to go to a contact via contacts first then select compose new message than opening messaging first.

That's right. How about the problem of not able to read the contacts in the sim directory, or you can?

Cheers

Guest Atomix86

That's right. How about the problem of not able to read the contacts in the sim directory, or you can?

Cheers

Have you selected sim contacts as viewable in settings whilst in contacts?

Guest adroid starter

Have you selected sim contacts as viewable in settings whilst in contacts?

Thanks for the hints, I didn't recall I could have the setting for sim contacts, where is it?

I have now installed the recently launched Atomic v3 rom and it seems the similar issue also occurs. But I can select to import and export from the sim contacts or saving the contacts to the SD card. This is slightly better situation then the one in CM7 version 3 that I could not use the sim contacts at all.

Another problem occurs in CM7 v3 also happens in Atomic v3. That is the problem of not being able to select a saved contact when creating a message. The number has to be typed directly. The walk around suggested by myndfuk is to browse the contacts and select send message from there.

After trying the new leased Atomic V3 rom, I am quite happy with it so far. Only things that might still need to improve is the high battery consumption which will be targeted by the rom developer tillaz in the next v3b rom.

Guest monographix

- Those message issues occur also with a stock ZTE rom ?

- What is the proximity thing ?

Edited by monographix

Guest monographix

" One example of a Proximity Sensor in phones is that it detects how close the screen of the phone is to your body. This allows the phone to sense when you have brought the phone up to your ear. At that point, the display turns off in order to save battery. It also stops detecting touches, as to avoid unwanted input, until you take the phone away from your ear "

- is that what proximity censor is , refered here as having issues?

- The message / contacts issues refered by adroid starter, do they occur also with Stock ZTE rom ?

Guest droidbittin

Just rooted and installed this on my Skate works like a charm :)

iam a kinda new Skate user got one as xmas present :>

Edited by droidbittin

Guest Atomix86
Just rooted and installed this on my Skate works like a charm :)

iam a kinda new Skate user got one as xmas present :>

Congrats on your new phone :) .

Hi guys,

I installed CyanogenMod7 for ZTE Skate 3.0 and it almost works very well.

But there is a bug when taking pictures. The exif date is always "2002:12:08 12:00:00".

But in the filename there is the correct date.

Have you got the same bug with this ROM? Is there any solution?

Regards,

Arthur

post-864631-0-48639200-1325541449_thumb.

Guest ihateorange

.Hi adroid Starter, thanks for pointing these things out, as it helps me decide what rom to flash.

For (3) have you tried installing another sms app from the market place to see if that allows selection of contacts ?

I am new to the android system. Just got my OMC from Argos several days ago and started playing with the phone. I unlocked the phone, installed Clockworkmod and the CM7 version 3.0 from here. Google App CyanogenMod 7flashed as well. The system runs stable, but with some problems with me.

1. The sim contacts is not showing in the Contacts.

2. When trying to add a contact, there is no option to add the contact into sim.

Anyone experience the same problems or knowing how to fix them?

Without sorting these issues, it is inconvenient to use this rom in a daily basic.

Any hints and advices would be much appreciated!

Guest adroid starter

" One example of a Proximity Sensor in phones is that it detects how close the screen of the phone is to your body. This allows the phone to sense when you have brought the phone up to your ear. At that point, the display turns off in order to save battery. It also stops detecting touches, as to avoid unwanted input, until you take the phone away from your ear "

- is that what proximity censor is , refered here as having issues?

- The message / contacts issues refered by adroid starter, do they occur also with Stock ZTE rom ?

I think I also have the proximity sensor problem when using the CW7 version 3, the problem seems stopped after applying the calibration but still not working as good as the stock rom does.

The sim contacts issues does not occur in the stock ZTE rom.

I am using the Atomic version 3B now and just notice that there is a system add-on for ZTE DIALLER, CONTACTS, MMS in the first page of the Atomic rom post. After installed this add-on, the sim contacts can be displayed in Contacts and they are also become selectable when composing a message. I am quite surprised other CW7 Version 3 users do not have these issues unless they also install the stock ZTE DIALLER, CONTACTS add-ons?

Guest adroid starter

.Hi adroid Starter, thanks for pointing these things out, as it helps me decide what rom to flash.

For (3) have you tried installing another sms app from the market place to see if that allows selection of contacts ?

Hi, ihateorange

See the post above about this. the stock ZTE DIALLER, CONTACTS add-ons solved the problem, but that is for Atomic rom.

I would recommend you to have a go with the Atomic version 3B and get the stock ZTE DIALLER, CONTACTS add-ons after installing the system. You might need to change your partitions if yours have not been changed before. Follow this link and choose Option 2: 200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data. Install the Atomic rom after the TPT just like you install other custom rom.

Guest monographix

Thanks

I think I also have the proximity sensor problem when using the CW7 version 3, the problem seems stopped after applying the calibration but still not working as good as the stock rom does.

The sim contacts issues does not occur in the stock ZTE rom.

I am using the Atomic version 3B now and just notice that there is a system add-on for ZTE DIALLER, CONTACTS, MMS in the first page of the Atomic rom post. After installed this add-on, the sim contacts can be displayed in Contacts and they are also become selectable when composing a message. I am quite surprised other CW7 Version 3 users do not have these issues unless they also install the stock ZTE DIALLER, CONTACTS add-ons?

CW7 = ClockWork mod 7?

Edited by monographix

Guest Atomix86

Seeing as i'm here, does anyone know:

Is there a 100%, foolproof way of getting the proximity sensor to work well, which also does NOT reset its calibration on reboot?

Guest monographix

Seeing as i'm here, does anyone know:

Is there a 100%, foolproof way of getting the proximity sensor to work well, which also does NOT reset its calibration on reboot?

is the situation with this the same with Atomic rom too ?