CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Seeing as i'm here, does anyone know:

Is there a 100%, foolproof way of getting the proximity sensor to work well, which also does NOT reset its calibration on reboot?

Maybe a script could be made to calibrate at boot?

Although its something I am not capable of doing,just a thought.

Edited by Guest

Guest Atomix86

Maybe a script could be made to calibrate at boot?

Although its something I am not capable of doing,just a thought.

True, thanks for the input. Didn't Tillaz do something to his build.prop to configure the sensor, or am I thinking of something totally different? :D

True, thanks for the input. Didn't Tillaz do something to his build.prop to configure the sensor, or am I thinking of something totally different? :D

Tillaz did do something with the proximity recently with v3.

So maybe ask him.

I love cm7 and often come back for a little play about :lol: but one thing that is really bugging me is that the volume rocker does not change with the themes,it stays stock gingerbread.Can anyone confirm this or have an idea to fix ?

Guest ihateorange

Hi, ihateorange

See the post above about this. the stock ZTE DIALLER, CONTACTS add-ons solved the problem, but that is for Atomic rom.

I would recommend you to have a go with the Atomic version 3B and get the stock ZTE DIALLER, CONTACTS add-ons after installing the system. You might need to change your partitions if yours have not been changed before. Follow this link http://android.modac...zte-skate-tpts/ and choose Option 2: 200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data. Install the Atomic rom after the TPT just like you install other custom rom.

Hi adroid starter,

Thanks for the advice. I try out 3C (looks like 3B was been replaced in 3C). By the way, before I install TPT, will I need to install clockworkmod?

Thanks

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi adroid starter,

Thanks for the advice. I try out 3C (looks like 3B was been replaced in 3C). By the way, before I install TPT, will I need to install clockworkmod?

Thanks

No its allready includded, its on the TPT page and there is a noob proof TPT part in my tutorial

Hope it helps :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest ihateorange

No its allready includded, its on the TPT page and there is a noob proof TPT part in my tutorial

Hope it helps :)

Thanks Wacky.ddw,

I've been slowly and carefully going through your tutorial since I found it a few days ago but hadn't got to that section yet, thanks alot..by the way your biginners guide is great, it exactly what people like me, that have just bought their first android phone need smile.gif.

OK. Due to multiple requests I have decided that I will make one last CM7. But it won't be compiled from scratch - just a binary mod of the latest version

Any progress on this? The camera and the proximity censor issues are what made me try other ROM's.

Guest victormun

Any progress on this? The camera and the proximity censor issues are what made me try other ROM's.

By the way, just as a note: maybe you should delete the ROM Manager apk, since it's not really working for our device.

Guest Atomix86

It'll probably be only a little longer, remember his priority is on CM9 now ;)

It'll probably be only a little longer, remember his priority is on CM9 now ;)

CM9 could take a while though since the official version is still classed as experimental.

You know, CM9 isn’t finished yet. There are a lot of features and tweaks missing. These experimental builds aren’t showing the real potential of CM9. ;-)

And if everything is running fine on our SGS2, then it doesn’t mean we’re finished. Our goal is to eliminate most of the closed source parts we have to use at the moment. That’s the part which is the most hard and which i would call “the real work”.

Source: codeworkx.

I'm not sure how related it is since they're very Samsung focused, but the ROM itself is said to be missing features and isn't polished yet.

CM7 just needs the camera and proximity patch and it'd be on par with Atomic, especially if tilal6991 was to spoof it to HTC (if it's not already) so that it can run some more games.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Atomix86

I know its experimental but tilal said himself he would be doing it when he has time, and he's only just got done with his latest cm9 update.

My point is that there's things in there that he can't fix until they're fixed officially, since this is just a port. That leaves him with plenty of time (if you exclude personal time being spent elsewhere), and doesn't Lewa OS already contain the fixes which makes it even easier to port them over to CM7?

FYI I did try Lewa OS but I think it's hideous. Plus it's poor translation and the fact that it originally had privacy issues bothered me enough to remove it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tilal6991

Great stuff tilal! :D

Does CM7 spoof the device at all like Atomic so that it can accept some games?

No - but you can do it yourself fairly easily - with ES Explorer go to /system and open build.prop and change the manufacturer to HTC.