Best Android Phone for around £170

Guest urbanbumpkin

Guest urbanbumpkin

Hi I'm new to the forum and Android phones and could do with some advice.

I'm looking to buy an Android Phone. I don't want to spend over £170. Apart from making calls / texts, browsing wirelessly, I need to running SqueezeCommander (I'm sure I could loads more with it)

Ideally I'm looking for something with a decent screen / memory, OS V2.1 plus. Oh yes and it needs to be on Vodafone network.

I've been looking at the Galaxy Ace or Huawei u8800. The Galaxy Ace seem good although the Huawei u8800 seems a better spec

I'm little hesitant of buying the Huawei u8800 as it's an unknown (no mater how good the spec)....particularly as I'm not sure how to even pronounce it!

I can currently get the Galaxy Ace for about £159 with T-Mob top up (aparently unlocked at phones4 U) or the Huawei u8800 for £173 from the Carphone warehouse (although Huawei out of stock)

Galaxy Ace or Huawei u8800? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated?

From the reviews I've read both seem to get conflicting concerns of their battery life

Guest Atomix86

Hi I'm new to the forum and Android phones and could do with some advice.

I'm looking to buy an Android Phone. I don't want to spend over £170. Apart from making calls / texts, browsing wirelessly, I need to running SqueezeCommander (I'm sure I could loads more with it)

Ideally I'm looking for something with a decent screen / memory, OS V2.1 plus. Oh yes and it needs to be on Vodafone network.

I've been looking at the Galaxy Ace or Huawei u8800. The Galaxy Ace seem good although the Huawei u8800 seems a better spec

I'm little hesitant of buying the Huawei u8800 as it's an unknown (no mater how good the spec)....particularly as I'm not sure how to even pronounce it!

I can currently get the Galaxy Ace for about £159 with T-Mob top up (aparently unlocked at phones4 U) or the Huawei u8800 for £173 from the Carphone warehouse (although Huawei out of stock)

Galaxy Ace or Huawei u8800? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated?

From the reviews I've read both seem to get conflicting concerns of their battery life

The Galaxy Ace has better battery life, but the Huawei is definitely much better so I would recommend that one. To be honest no matter what smartphone you get (not just limited to Android), you're going to be charging it once a day.