[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest wooly_sammoth

Thanks to vitalik1994 for keeping up the good work with these ROMs.

No issues with #179 so far (apart from the screen off animation as Krste pointed out)

Battery life is still excellent so I'm a happy bunny.

Thanks to Racerboy too. Go keyboard solved all the phantom key presses I was getting. The rest of the Go suite of apps is pretty good too. Strange that I had never come across them before

Edited by wooly_sammoth

Guest aaroeiraa

Hi guys,

Thanks for this excelent ROM.

But I have a little visual issues on the notification screen:

1. White bar on top+left

2. The power widget icons are too small and weird

3. The top bar is transparent.

Guest Racerboy

Hi guys,

1. White bar on top+left

yes they exist but are very very minor compared to other bugs that have been fixed, this rom that has been ported from the blade #179 which is a great piece of work and i`m sure in future updates that they will be fixed to make it almost perfect in everyway :)

Guest aaroeiraa

yes they exist but are very very minor compared to other bugs that have been fixed, this rom that has been ported from the blade #179 which is a great piece of work and i`m sure in future updates that they will be fixed to make it almost perfect in everyway :)

Thanks Racerboy.

One more time: The ROM is excelent!

Guest lfernandes
Hi guys,

1. White bar on top+left

To solve the white bar bug chose the first theme on theme choser

Question: I'm kind of user who don't need swapping, but long time ago I created swap partition on SD and this ROM is really using it. How can I stop swapping without deleting whole partition? I mean: right now I don't want it, then I try and decide I was wrong and then want to turn it back on. Is there a simple way to do this?

Guest Racerboy

The 179 doesnt have wi-fi tethering any more?

yes it has tethering, settings/wirless & networks

vista/win7 has drivers already, xp may need to install seperate software

Edited by Racerboy

Guest wooly_sammoth

yes it has tethering, settings/wirless & networks

I'm seeing only USB tethering and have been since #175. I had the option for Wifi tethering in #166 but could never get it to work correctly, it would broadcast the WIFI SSID with no problem but wouldn't allow connection to the network. I can only assume that it was a bug which is yet to be fixed but a short term solution was to remove the option in settings, unless you are seeing a WIFI tethering option Racerboy?

Guest Racerboy

Question: I'm kind of user who don't need swapping, but long time ago I created swap partition on SD and this ROM is really using it. How can I stop swapping without deleting whole partition? I mean: right now I don't want it, then I try and decide I was wrong and then want to turn it back on. Is there a simple way to do this?

This may help HERE

Guest Racerboy

I'm seeing only USB tethering and have been since #175. I had the option for Wifi tethering in #166 but could never get it to work correctly, it would broadcast the WIFI SSID with no problem but wouldn't allow connection to the network. I can only assume that it was a bug which is yet to be fixed but a short term solution was to remove the option in settings, unless you are seeing a WIFI tethering option Racerboy?

yes its true theres no wifi tethering, forgive me i just woke up BUT i installed a free app called "WIRELESS-TETHER" and it works

EDIT: it timeouts after a couple of minutes :angry: lol

EDIT:Barnacle Wifi Tether (free market app) is working great no timeouts as yet, been connected for past 30 mins

EDIT: STILL working great with "Barnacle WiFi Tether" no timeouts still, only drawback is its WEP only for encryption but its better than none, also has MAC filtering (access control) aswell so even if you get "hacked" you still have to allow the MAC address to gain access to internet....

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

I got only one problem.. MARKET!!! where do I get a market that works well in nighty 179??? please help me :-)

hi, there is a link on 1st post of this thread at the bottom for the gapps package, install through ClockworkMod Recovery

hi, there is a link on 1st post of this thread at the bottom for the gapps package, install through ClockworkMod Recovery

Hi, it aint instaled a market apk :-/, but installed the all others (doc, maps...)

Guest Racerboy

have modified the 1st post, as 08/15 gapps has been not installing market for alot of people, so i`ve replaced with the 04/04 signed version which works fine for ALL.....

I'm afraid the accelerometer problem isn't fixed.

It works fine after reboot, but after playing a little while, slowly then drasticly noticeably it starts to lag again.

Edited by Krste

tethering does not work!!!!!

I've just tested the standard usb tether on #179, and that worked fine.

Wifi tethering also worked using the program "wifi_tether_v3_1-beta1.apk"

cheers