[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest wooly_sammoth

i may have a bash at #204 later, just cant help myself :rolleyes:

You should. As I said yesterday, it's really good to be able to give feedback directly to the developer.

I've linked up all the 4pda ROMs on raceroms.co.uk so they are available here.

Guest plegdroid

hiya, thanks for the alternative link, just getting boot loop from 203,saying that I did flash over 201,will try a clean install when I get home, could someone please post an alternative link for vamsri,s alternative kernel as that is also on megaupload. :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Rahulj85

hiya, thanks for the alternative link, just getting boot loop from 203,saying that I did flash over 201,will try a clean install when I get home, could someone please post an alternative link for vamsri,s alternative kernel as that is also on megaupload. :)

i did a clean install and got a boot loop..had to remove the battery and re-insert the battery to start the phone again..after that the phone loaded the os normally..can it be a bug?

Guest Racerboy

i did a clean install and got a boot loop..had to remove the battery and re-insert the battery to start the phone again..after that the phone loaded the os normally..can it be a bug?

could be, i didnt experience this when i did a full clean install, no probs apart from bluetooth not working

Guest Racerboy

The only other issue I've noticed is that the gallery is a bit flaky. Video playback in particular is not so good. Is anyone else getting this?

video playback is ok BUT gallery is abit slow to react, slow at scrolling through pics

Guest Khan Miro

I've installed the last rom, I it's kernel is deadlink's aaaand.... the screen calibration is bad. No offense to deadlink, I know him and he is doing great, but that may not be his last kernel.

Anyway, the rom is very smooth, cheers =)

Guest mitsakhs

tryed 203 and found some bad points

1.video recorder dosnt work

2.film player dosnt work

3.as said bluetooth also dosnt work

the calibration is good and is very smooth i hope this things ill fixed biggrin.gif

Guest Racerboy

how to properli use swap on zte racer.

i've tried and i had a bad experience

There are two ways you can use swap, one is creating swap file with below mentioned commands or you can create a swap partition.

open Terminal Emulator and type the below commands..

- su

- dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=1024 count=102400

- mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp

- swapon /sdcard/swap.swp

Note:1) In the second line parameter "count" is the size of swap file ("102400"= 100Mb) You can change the size to whatever you want

2)swap.swp is the name of the swap file and you can create it anywhere inside /sdcard/

3) "swapon" is the command used for activating swap and "swapoff" is used for deactivating.

thanks to vamshistunner for instructions

Guest gagan313

so far i prefer the *179v2 rom and theoriginal 2.1 rom.....the *201 rom has a massive battery drain and touchscreen not so good.

hoever i tried to transfer a file over by bluetooth but i couldnt....you can only transfer files by bluetooth on the 2.1 rom.....

could somone please fix this. :) im sticking to *179 for a bit :)

Guest plegdroid

well got 203 on, yes took a clean flash to get it to work with no further problems, we've been given a benchmark in 201, I don't think that 203 is as good as 201, I've flashed back to 201 until a nicer rom presents itself.

Guest plegdroid

so far i prefer the *179v2 rom and theoriginal 2.1 rom.....the *201 rom has a massive battery drain and touchscreen not so good.

hoever i tried to transfer a file over by bluetooth but i couldnt....you can only transfer files by bluetooth on the 2.1 rom.....

hiya gagan, what incarnation of the racer you got out of interest?

Guest gagan313

hiya gagan, what incarnation of the racer you got out of interest?

say again.. didnt understand........... i just need to downgrade to 2.1 original stock to send my friend a bluetooth file transfer.......*201 i didnt like as much as #179v2.......

Guest Racerboy

you can only transfer files by bluetooth on the 2.1 rom.....

the only rom i couldnt transfer via bluetooth is the #203 all the rest for me have been able too :)

Guest plegdroid

so you want to know what i like about the stock rom>?

:lol: no, I iam finding 201 really nice on battery and calibration, where your not, was trying to find out from you if your phone was a uk version or not, my Mrs has a racer too ,but hers behaves in a completely different way to mine, trying to work out is this common between phones made in the same location :)