TripNTopic

Guest Zykatious

Guest Zykatious

Is anyone else but me annoyed with how TripNRaver names literally everything he makes after himself? TripNMiUI, fine. TripNArc, fine. But now completely changing the name of Cyanogen Mod to TripANogenMod!? It's just ridiculous, TripNKernel, TripNHacks, TripNFeatures, what the hell is with this stuff? It's TripNPissing me off, to be honest.

Wow, you ported Cyanogen Mod to X10 like many others have done, so that gives you the right to rename the whole thing?

Guest Metalbuster

Thats just how he names the roms he ported/made. If you dont like the name of the rom don't use it. Stop whining.

Edited by Metalbuster

Guest Lord_Baal

It is not that Ridiculous after all.

As Rockstar told up there, it is how he name his roms.

It is his Signature, and his right, as he had put his work inside it for us to use.

My personal Opinion: The Name Doesn't matter. What matter is the quality of the work that we put inside our X10's.

Just my 2 cents.

Guest huntleth

It's actually a really good way to make your ROMs easily visible. Loads of topics are just titled "[2.3.3] Custom Rom by Whoever".

Also, you shot yourself in the foot by saying TripNMiui is fine but TripANogen isn't - whats the difference?

Guest Cyberman_NI

As has been said above:

1. Does the name really matter?

2. Can you do a better job, if so lets see a link?

3. It's a good way to be able to tell that Trip has used his wide knowledge on making it, like a genuine hologram on some high end products.

4. He has to sign it all over the code so if there are disputes about how created it that Trip can tell by his code who made it.

5. He's hardly hiding the fact that TripANogenMod is a port of CyanogenMod?

You may get slightly more love in another forum, although I'd say if truth was told half of their x10 forum are users of Trip's top quality rom's.

Without Trip my x10 would be on eBay months ago!!!

Basically I think your on your own :P

Now TripNgetalife, z? ;)

Edited by Cyberman_NI