Apps disappearing from phone??

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

Dont know if this has been covered before, couldnt find it...?? But the other day I tried to update to a new CM7 build, CM7 Gen1 N143 to CM7 Gen1 N161, it installed an all that, however on reboot... thats all it ever did, REBOOT!!! over and over, so I reflashed it a couple of times and then realised it was my Recovery causing the probs. It was too new for it (3.0.2.8) and replaced back down to (3.0.14). Anyway after solving this, and rebooted, I noticed some apps had gone... :(

From 140 Apps, down to 105 Apps..... and now just looked again and its down to 96 Apps, and I am not even doing anything too it??

I looked at my http://Market.Android.com and the Apps still claim to be installed there... jus no longer on the phone?? And because I had 140 Apps, and now down to 96, I have no idea whats missing now... well apart from the odd one or two.

Any idea's....??

Cheers, Lister

Guest targetbsp

If you have Titanium and enter batch mode there's a an option to restore all missing apps from which you can see what's missing and (obviously) restore them. And for gods sake go to Gen 2 man! :P

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi TargetBSP,

Thanks mate, so will that work, even if I have not backed up the Apps withi Titanium in the past...?? I mean, I have used that App before, but I have not kept it upto date... I have used that, and some App Backup/Restore thingie, but again not kept them upto date with the latest Apps....

So will Titanium work on the ones I have not previously sync'd with the App...???

Also, LOL.... I will one day, I will.... I promise. Is there a real fail safe way, and easy guide that shows how to goto, and revert back to, Gen1-Gen2, and Gen2-Gen1 ??? please....? ;;)

Cheers, Lister

Guest FatherD

Hi TargetBSP,

Thanks mate, so will that work, even if I have not backed up the Apps withi Titanium in the past...?? I mean, I have used that App before, but I have not kept it upto date... I have used that, and some App Backup/Restore thingie, but again not kept them upto date with the latest Apps....

So will Titanium work on the ones I have not previously sync'd with the App...???

Also, LOL.... I will one day, I will.... I promise. Is there a real fail safe way, and easy guide that shows how to goto, and revert back to, Gen1-Gen2, and Gen2-Gen1 ??? please....? ;;)

Cheers, Lister

Have you checked through the apps on the web marketplace .. I notice that even if you remove one from the phone, it still shows up as installed there! - try to remember which ones you might not have installed before the incident and drop them from your total, that will at least give you some idea if anything you really use is missing :)

All the best

Guest targetbsp

Oh no sorry you would have need to have used it to backup the apps. I was kinda hoping you were unaware of a feature of it rather than not having it. I'm not sure how you can find out what your missing or why they're missing in that case. Where are you getting the number from? Some counts won't include apps on the SD card immediately following the boot - it takes a few minutes.

This is the going to and from gen 2 thread: http://android.modaco.com/topic/337798-gen1-to-gen2-tpt-upgrade/

There are more detailed instructions on post 768 on page 39

Guest mickey megabyte

sorry for the offtopicness, but how do you install recent cm7's on a gen1 phone?

can you please give me a link to a thread that tells me how? thanks. i've done a search but can't seem to find any info...

i'm still a gen1 cm7 and i've been using the same rc4 rom since april with only a very few minor problems.

i've always been a bit reluctant to 'upgrade' to gen2 (not sure exactly why), so if i can use recent nightlies with gen1, i'll be a happy bunny. are there any risks/pitfalls/dangers to watch out for (apart from your current losing app problem - which seems a pretty severe problem!)?

Guest The Soup Thief

sorry for the offtopicness, but how do you install recent cm7's on a gen1 phone?

Really, I'd say it's a pretty bad idea to start your CM7 career with this route - someone (I think it was kallt kaffe) put together a converter that made gen2 cm7 roms gen1 friendly

However, IMHO (and that of many others) you're on a bit of a hiding to nowhere using it at this point when it is so very straightforward to do a simple tpt, converting your phone to gen2 and adding a new top rom in one fell swoop

Go to this link and get it done - thanks to wbaw's hard work it's disappointingly easy!

(read the whole post, but the one i would reccommend is entitled "Ginger Stir Fry Beta 19 Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT"

If you like you can then flash the cm7 nightly of your choice using clockwork as normal

Re the case of the missing apps - hmm - might they have been installed to sd or summink and maybe you... hang on, you've only moved between nightlies so that shouldn't make any difference. Hmm - not sure - some hate it, but I really like titanium. Careful with it though - using it to restore settings can sometimes mess things up, so I tend just to restore apps with it mostly

Guest mickey megabyte

thanks for your reply, Soup Thief, I (wrongly) assumed that recent cm7s were gen2 only.

i've sort of been meaning to gen2ise my phone for a while, but still haven't found a compelling reason to do so...i did get a bit excited by GSF, but fear that i would miss the notification power widget too much, as it's something i use often. i know that you can have similar functionality from a homescreen widget, but it's not the same as having it there in your notification area.

my current gen1 cm7 rc4 rom does what i want it to, so i guess i'll wait till ZTE release the new souper-douper magic source-code (or whatever it is) and it gets incorporated into cm7.

sorry for derailing the thread - i'm outa here! smile.gif

Edited by mickey megabyte

Guest The Soup Thief

thanks for your reply, Soup Thief, I (wrongly) assumed that recent cm7s were gen1 only.

i've sort of been meaning to gen2ise my phone for a while, but still haven't found a compelling reason to do so...i did get a bit excited by GSF, but fear that i would miss the notification power widget too much, as it's something i use often. i know that you can have similar functionality from a homescreen widget, but it's not the same as having it there in your notification area.

my current gen1 cm7 rc4 rom does what i want it too, so i guess i'll wait till ZTE release the new souper-douper magic source-code (or whatever it is) and it gets incorporated into cm7.

sorry for derailing the thread - i'm outa here! smile.gif

Just to keep things off topic a moment longer, I agree about missing the notification power widget. Best solution I found (which I prefer to the various homescreen widgets) is Quick Settings from the market, which you can customise to act in the same kind of way as the one in CM7 does

Sorry to piss on your chips, but we may all be waiting quite a while for the release of the skate source to revolutionise blade CM7

Hope we're not, and there are some very clever people out there, but given how rough and incomplete ZTE's release of previous source for the blade has been, there are distinct fears that the release for the skate may not be the panacea we all hope...