[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

Guest sporting_exodus

Guys feel kinda guilty about asking this as really do appreciatte all the hard work that has been put in by all involved in the making off this new ROM but just wonder before I do contemplate making the move from Corvus 5 to Vegacomb if its worth waitting just that bit longer until a few off the niggles have been ironed out ?? again appreciatte its early days and at least its here and think its looks great but would rather waitt just a little longer before making the change over.

is there any plans for an updated version within the next couple off months with a few off the niggles sorted out inc a working webcam etc ??

Version 8.1 has a working camera for the first time, it's a bit flaky but it shouldn't be long before it's properly sorted.

I couldn't wait, for tablets Honeycomb is such an improvement over all previous Android versions, it's a real joy to use!

The only other issue for many (including me) is that the upgrade path to new versions never quite seems to work, so it's often a brand new flash to the latest build. This is a real pain for all your personal settings! In fact if anyone could help me here I would be grateful - none of my CWM Backups ever seem to work (restored versions never have my settings and apps, and always have bugs, no recovery mode etc) AND my backed up apps using Titanium never restore completely (the app comes back, but none of the data returns - saved games etc.)

All this means I lose everything when I upgrade builds - has anyone got any advice? Otherwise I need to sort out my addiction to having the latest build installed as soon as it comes out :mellow:

Version 8.1 has a working camera for the first time, it's a bit flaky but it shouldn't be long before it's properly sorted.

I couldn't wait, for tablets Honeycomb is such an improvement over all previous Android versions, it's a real joy to use!

The only other issue for many (including me) is that the upgrade path to new versions never quite seems to work, so it's often a brand new flash to the latest build. This is a real pain for all your personal settings! In fact if anyone could help me here I would be grateful - none of my CWM Backups ever seem to work (restored versions never have my settings and apps, and always have bugs, no recovery mode etc) AND my backed up apps using Titanium never restore completely (the app comes back, but none of the data returns - saved games etc.)

All this means I lose everything when I upgrade builds - has anyone got any advice? Otherwise I need to sort out my addiction to having the latest build installed as soon as it comes out :mellow:

I use CWM to backup my ROM, apps and data, then just restore the data and apps after a new install, using the advanced restore>data option. Worked for upgrade from 6 to 7, and build 8 was just a supplement to 7.

You can't restore your froyo apps (eg from Corvus 5) because many of them are incompatible, and crash Vegacomb.

Guest jono4001

Okay guys sorry if its been covered but apart from the camera now working but needing slight tweeking to get 100% is there anything else that is not working on this particular version off Honeycomb ??

take it if I do manage to install it on my vega which again is currenty installed with Corvus 5 its easy enough just to update when new updated version is out ??

Guest Yogimax

Okay guys sorry if its been covered but apart from the camera now working but needing slight tweeking to get 100% is there anything else that is not working on this particular version off Honeycomb ??

take it if I do manage to install it on my vega which again is currenty installed with Corvus 5 its easy enough just to update when new updated version is out ??

USB hosting isn't working yet (unless you are docked) but the devs are working on it (along with improving the camera driver).

Regarding upgrading, I have had no problems, although some others have B)

As ever, your mileage may vary...

Everything you need to know is here You need to register to download Vegacomb 3.2.

Guest Graham Macleod

Happened again,

Anyone have a link to modded stock v1.

Ive had vegacomb 3.1 refuse to boot twice after 2 seperate installs. I had redownloaded all files required incase they had v]been corrupted. Both times its worked okay for 2-3 boots then refused to boot.

reading around it seems i should try modded stock v1 however can only find a rapidshare link which doent want to download.

I've had this happen with ModdedStock 1 and ModdedStock 2. - and was after going back to basic Froyo, so I don't think it's anything to do with VegaComb.

It's a reprise of the problems we used to get when ClockworkMod was first released, the Black Screen of Death. Back in the olden days (like, January) we fixed the problem by installing ClockworkMod before anything else. I don't know why, but it looks as if Newbe5 ModdedStock isn't quite right, in either version. However once it works, it works.

I've had this happen with ModdedStock 1 and ModdedStock 2. - and was after going back to basic Froyo, so I don't think it's anything to do with VegaComb.

It's a reprise of the problems we used to get when ClockworkMod was first released, the Black Screen of Death. Back in the olden days (like, January) we fixed the problem by installing ClockworkMod before anything else. I don't know why, but it looks as if Newbe5 ModdedStock isn't quite right, in either version. However once it works, it works.

The explantion for the relatively high rate of failure when installing Vegacomb, offered by team NewCo, is bad memory blocks. The 'system' avoids these blocks if it can, but Vegacomb is big, and on some Vegas (including mine) some so called 'bad blocks' are going to be used. There are some things you can do to minimise the problem:

1. Always ensure your battery is fully charged and keep your power supply connected throughout the whole installation process. The intention here is to improve the reliability of the 'write' current supply.

2. If the installation doesn't work first time, try again - perhaps twice. The intention here is to overcome a particular failure mode of 'bad blocks'. Technically, one failure mode is a high impedence charge path. Q=IT, so if I is reduced by high impedence, repeating the installation process increases T.

3. Use version 1 of the modded stock ROM. Vipersoft has uploaded it and put links on the tablet ROMs forum. This works because the system partition in V1 is bigger than in V2, so there's likely to be more good blocks.

Most of the big problems are sorted in Vegacomb now; USB isn't working yet, and there's no overclocking, put apart from that it's just minor niggles IMHO, so I hope this post helps some of you get your hands on this amazing ROM.

Edited by lesd

Guest dibbles

That is interesting that. On my wife's Vega it has happened a couple of time where on booting it would give the BSOD. I had to totally restart again and install the modified 1.10 ver 2. I did think that it might have had something to do with the VC 3.2 release and so I nandroid back her copy of Corvus and all seems well.

However, for me on my Vega, I was having issues with the 3.2 release and decided to go back to Corvus and first installed the modified 1.10 ver 2 ROM. On doing that I then booted into recovery and installed Corvus. On trying to boot into recovery again I found that recovery wasn't to be found and it would just boot back to the desktop. So I had to push the revovery image to the Vega and then it allowed the tablet to boot into recovery.

If either of us have issues of this sort again I will go back to the std Advent 1.10 ROM and install then install recovery from there. I might well lose the new partition layout but as we have gone back to Corvus for the time being that is no great loss.

Guest chrisrich85

I have a stange issue, market keep saying No connection and i cant fix it. I re-flash the rom and wipe all data and it works again for a while but fails again. anyone else having this issue?

I def have a connection as everything other than market works!