[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

Guest rebeldx

i am on build 6, but am unable to watch iplayer (i have flash 10.3 & using stock browser) also when i try and watch you tube vids thru the browser i get an FC n the bookmark widget on homescreen then becomes unresponsive .......... it's the same with both 120dpi and 160 dpi (use es file explorer to change between dpi)

my partner has build 5 on her vega and both iplayer n youtube work really well in browser

EDIT:

reset browser to default, allowed iplayer 2 work temporarily, but then FC'd :(

Edited by rebeldx

First, many congrats on this ROM; it is excellent! I have followed the thread on development and seen just how much work has gone into it.

For my part, it is now practically usable for everyday, as I now have fast and attractive interfaces for e-mail, tabbed web, document readers and editors, e-readers and all in 3.2! Can't thank you enough. I stopped by on the original ROM during the process of getting back to Build 5. The difference is incredible and what is really remarkable is the Vega starting out as an 'ugly duckling' which now flies as well as or better than many of the latest tabs on the market.

Purely for the sake of further development, can I echo the above posts, that I am not getting Iplayer working in the Stock Browser; the player loads, I get as far as the 'Play' button, then a white screen 'flash' and back to the 'play' button. I can get it working in Opera, though, so no real problem.

I have also had a slight problem with 5, after I used Ti B/up to Batch load previous backups. I got a black screen but with status bar (no program icons) after re-booting. I tried a full wipe and re-flash in CWM, but that resulted in a bootscreen loop. The answer was a completed NVFlash to Stock, back up to 5 then a re-wipe and on to 6, which is utterly brilliant.

Back to the story of the collaboration over the development of the ROM - can I have the film rights? ;)

Guest derffie

I seriously love this ROM! Beautifull work thank you, only issue I'm having is the marketplace isn't recognising vegacomb, apps liker sketchbook pro which work so sweet on 1.7, now are not able to be installed as "the decive is not recogonised"

Any ideas? No biggy for me as I just ripped it out of previous back up and it works sooooperb!!! Faster than 7.1 by far, or is this a case of emailing the devloper of each app, and asking them to change the market exceptance?

That said, gimme a week and I'll stick a beer or two in the pot fer you lovely lads!

Guest dibbles

I have just installed build 6 after first installing the modified base ROM ver 2. All went well.

I did install the "Hackers keyboard" as I like to have the numbers above the letters, this saves flipping from one to the other.

The Wi-Fi signal strength is typical of that of Vegacomb, which for me means it is ok but slightly weaker than that of Corvus or Fuji or std ROM etc. No problems in connecting and maintaining that connection but when I'm in my bedroom then I do have a problem connecting as the signal is the weakest there.

Using the std browser it seems when I try and watch vids through iplayer and press play I get a "flash" and then back to the previous screen to then press play again, this repeats. Installing Opera mobile and the videos play as expected.

Still setting up apps and games etc but initial impressions are positive.

Purely for the sake of further development, can I echo the above posts, that I am not getting Iplayer working in the Stock Browser; the player loads, I get as far as the 'Play' button, then a white screen 'flash' and back to the 'play' button.

I've got I player working in the stock browser. But I'm not sure exactly how. Here's what I did:

1. I tried to use Flashplayrr in the stock browser and got the same results as you.

2. I uninstalled and reinstalled Flashplayer, then rebooted the Vega.

3. In the browser, I set the 'browser plugin' to 'on demand'

4. I watched Torchwood. The lip sync was awful.

5 I set the 'browser plugins' to 'always on'

I've got I player working in the stock browser. But I'm not sure exactly how. Here's what I did:

1. I tried to use Flashplayrr in the stock browser and got the same results as you.

2. I uninstalled and reinstalled Flashplayer, then rebooted the Vega.

3. In the browser, I set the 'browser plugin' to 'on demand'

4. I watched Torchwood. The lip sync was awful.

5 I set the 'browser plugins' to 'always on'

Thanks, lesd. Tried the settings you suggest. Some progress - I am getting a window with a timeline bar at the bottom. Screen is blank, with a 'film' logo and 'play' logo on it, but it does nothing when tapped. Tried all settings for plugin, no joy. I tried erasing Flash, but Market does not find it again for me and the Adobe site says that the Vega is not recognised (as other post mentioned). I am thinking this is some issue with the working of Flash with the ROM, as it works on Opera?

Guest newbe5

The iPlayer issue is due to the User Agent not being set and saved correctly in the Browser. Cass has already patched this and it will be fixed correctly in Build 7 which will be on it's way soon (possibly tonight).

newbe5

Guest rebeldx

My lil workaround 4 Iplayer is

whilst on Iplayer page or page of the program id like 2 watch, go 2 stock browser settings, advanced reset browser defaults. press OK then it refreshes n the displays appears larger ........ but the video plays, n plays full screen

works 4 me at least ..... tho i have 2 do it every time i open the browser

Guest danympp81

Hi,

at first of all thank you for this rom, it's fantastic. is it going to be the host mode added to the rom? because i've got and usb keyboard case and i can't use it.

thank you

Guest dibbles

Has anyone been able to get the picture frame widget to work when selected...? I can select and place the widget but then you have to select a photo, which I do. The screen dims when a photo is selected but it doesn't seem to change from that.

Guest neblap

Has anyone been able to get the picture frame widget to work when selected...? I can select and place the widget but then you have to select a photo, which I do. The screen dims when a photo is selected but it doesn't seem to change from that.

Just tried it dibbles and its working fine.

Guest dibbles

Thanks for trying, I appreciate that :)

For me it will stay dim and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The only way that it would change is to then touch the screen but the widget does not get used.

Guest rebeldx

Thanks for trying, I appreciate that :)

For me it will stay dim and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The only way that it would change is to then touch the screen but the widget does not get used.

have u tried turnin it around??

cos sum apps hav a pop up thing that requires u 2 select an option, that only becomes visible when u rotate the screen

Guest dibbles

have u tried turnin it around??

cos sum apps hav a pop up thing that requires u 2 select an option, that only becomes visible when u rotate the screen

woot...!!!

Thanks for that as it worked a treat when turning it into portrait mode as the crop notification then came up. It will not do this in landscape. This meant that the photo then displayed fine within the frame.

:)

Guest adamsharpe

I used Napster on VC1.7 and had to get them to authorise the device as I had to remove one device (as you are only allowed 3 devices).

When I changed to 3.2 it says the device is not authorised. I have to wait a week before I can re authorise this device as they allow one change a week.

I assume that as all future builds will be 3.2 this is the device name that will be registered so.I Sony have to go through this each time I update?

Guest Franko 64

Just thought i would say thanks with a small donation . Been reading this forum since i purchased my vega 4 months ago and have been amazed at the support this tablet has got . Running 3.2 B5

and downloading Build 6 as i write . Thanks again to Newbie 5 and all those others involved .

Build 7 on the horizon :D

Guest HypoTurtle

Haven't flashed this so can't comment but would rather not post in the kernal thread with what is probably nothing.

OK, so I'm back on moddedstock v2 and noticed something that I meant to mention a few months ago and something related that may also be beneficial (or nothing); Well is the purpose of the "USB camera" setting in the stock ROM known? A few months ago I thought it was used to initiate a webcam or additional camera attached through the USB, and if this is the case then wouldn't that be potentially switching from slave to host on the fly?? Secondly with eduardo saying that the camera is labelled as a USB webcam in the new kernal(s) could there be something related here that could be utilised, pulled a logcat to see what was initiated when USB camera was selected (the camera in stock works regardless of this option being selected in setting or not) as seen below: would have done some more digging but couldn't get root explorers to work and I want to check out the new ROM, which should be great as usual.

D/dalvikvm( 1580): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 1225 objects / 103496 bytes in 21ms

I/global ( 1580): Default buffer size used in BufferedReader constructor. It would be better to be explicit if an 8k-char buffer is required.

I/foo ( 1580): Comparing entry 50 to current 50

I/ActivityManager( 1038): Displayed activity com.android.settings/.UsbCameraSettings: 299 ms (total 33342 ms)

I/global ( 1580): Default buffer size used in BufferedReader constructor. It would be better to be explicit if an 8k-char buffer is required.

I/foo ( 1580): Comparing entry 50 to current 50

I/EventHub( 1038): New keyboard: device->id=0x40005 devname='USB 2.0 Camera' propName='hw.keyboards.262149.devname' keylayout='/system/usr/keylayout/usb_keyboard_102_en_us.kl'

I/EventHub( 1038): New device: path=/dev/input/event5 name=USB 2.0 Camera id=0x40005 (of 0x6) index=6 fd=89 classes=0x1

Guest Stokesy_

Just thought i would say thanks with a small donation . Been reading this forum since i purchased my vega 4 months ago and have been amazed at the support this tablet has got . Running 3.2 B5

and downloading Build 6 as i write . Thanks again to Newbie 5 and all those others involved .

Build 7 on the horizon :D

I am in a similar position to the person above, had my Vega 3 monthss now and am on here everyday. Thank you for the work you put in. c: donation on its way.

Guest Gruzagrew

I had this issue yesterday - my wifi connection (wpa) was showing as no signal strength.

i changed my router configuration to 'unsecured' then got my vega connected, then re-set up wpa. the vega then recognised my wpa connection with full strength. i added the wpa passkey and am now happilly using my vega over wpa :o).

hope this helps at least some people.

cpb353

Followed you instructions to the letter but still no luck!!!! Even with no WPA it could connect to the unsecure network. Found it ok but carried on with the same loop of scanning, authenticating etc etc.

Had to go back to my old fuji ROM for the time being. (Absolutely gutted) Will keep my eye on things for any other wifi issues, but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

Guest MartzWeb

build 5 was not entirely successful for me from the WPA perspective with a frozen connection after i used spotify for a while, but build 6 has been absolutely fine so far......

on a somewhat different note .... has anybody seen a realtime sound analyser app that is presently downloadable / working with this rom ? i have been playing with audalyzer but it's so far unavailable on the market....

Guest phil8715

build 5 was not entirely successful for me from the WPA perspective with a frozen connection after i used spotify for a while, but build 6 has been absolutely fine so far......

on a somewhat different note .... has anybody seen a realtime sound analyser app that is presently downloadable / working with this rom ? i have been playing with audalyzer but it's so far unavailable on the market....

Just went to the itv website and it kept detecting my Vega as an Ios device. My ua string was set to desktop.

Guest ThomasAstor

The picture frame widget works, but is there anyway to edit/ change the size of the frames like in Corvus5. I was using ADW and had different picture frames.

It seems that all widgets are one size only.

Guest ThomasAstor

Another question: is it normal that 3.2 does not recognize all the apps on my sd card? Or do they need to be re-installed on by one again?

The same with bookmarks from Dolphin, which works very well on 3.2.

Thirdly, is it possible to install another launcher like ADW? If not, is it possible to customize the actual one?

Again, is there a way to change the size of widgets?

Thanks for all

T.