[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

Guest ursulavasey

Do you have a copy of modded stock v1

I have a copy of it, but it is too big for me to attach it here. I even put it into a zip file to try to reduce the size, but it was still too big. If someone can tell me how to add large files into a posting, I will be happy to do so. There is a copy available on Tabletroms, using the link on the page below:

http://tabletroms.co...ild-6-a-33.html

If you aren't a member of the site, you will have to sign up to view the link. It is free though. It's post number 325.

Edited by ursulavasey

Guest dibbles

Another question: is it normal that 3.2 does not recognize all the apps on my sd card? Or do they need to be re-installed on by one again?

The same with bookmarks from Dolphin, which works very well on 3.2.

Thirdly, is it possible to install another launcher like ADW? If not, is it possible to customize the actual one?

Again, is there a way to change the size of widgets?

Thanks for all

T.

I have installed ADWLauncher EX 1.3.3.1 which is compatible with 3.2 and it seems to work. However I had to remove the Launcher 2 that comes with build 6 in order for the home key on the bottom status bar to function as it should.

I do like ADWLauncher EX as you can do so much more with it.

Guest HypoTurtle

Another question: is it normal that 3.2 does not recognize all the apps on my sd card? Or do they need to be re-installed on by one again?

The same with bookmarks from Dolphin, which works very well on 3.2.

Thirdly, is it possible to install another launcher like ADW? If not, is it possible to customize the actual one?

Again, is there a way to change the size of widgets?

Thanks for all

T.

Some widgets sizes can be changed (introduced in native 3.1 I think; although I thought they all were); gmail and bookmarks can be rescaled the clock and youtube can not.

Apps on sd would need to be reinstalled, they're currently files with no association to the OS. An app like apkinstaller may aid in this (although I haven't tried it myself).

Launcher wize I don't see why other Launchers wouldn't work as long as they were 3.2 compatible which much are but it's worth a try (ADW though has caused some errors even with test 44 ROMS so I'd give it a miss). And customisation is depend on what you are looking to do, wallpaper can be changed and there's a widget to hide the taskbar but that's about it.

Edit: I stand corrected; Dibbles reports that ADW works fine so I retract that statement

Edited by HypoTurtle

Guest radox1

Unsure if this has been mentioned but when trying to preform a google search in the default browser the screen gets a black overlay and the search does not take place.

Guest ThomasAstor

Apps on sd would need to be reinstalled, they're currently files with no association to the OS. An app like apkinstaller may aid in this (although I haven't tried it myself).

Launcher wize I don't see why other Launchers wouldn't work as long as they were 3.2 compatible which much are but it's worth a try (ADW though has caused some errors even with test 44 ROMS so I'd give it a miss). And customisation is depend on what you are looking to do, wallpaper can be changed and there's a widget to hide the taskbar but that's about it.

Dibbles reports that ADW works fine so I retract that statement

I went to iFiles and re-installed Titanium, run a batch and got all them back. :) And they work.

ADW works as well. Thanks Dibbles

Picture frame cannot be edited :( I loved having different size pics, NM

Guest ursulavasey

Unsure if this has been mentioned but when trying to preform a google search in the default browser the screen gets a black overlay and the search does not take place.

I don't know about Google search in particular, but a lot of these black overlay problems are being solved by turning the tablet to portrait mode. This seems to bring up a menu that can only be seen in portrait, which allows you to carry on with what you were trying to do. I haven't tested it myself, so I can't vouch that it works, but it's worth a try, I would imagine. I don't know if you have to do this every time or if it is just the first time.

Guest mrz_hun

I appreciate all the hard work put into making this ROM, but I was wondering if there are any plans to get the camera and USB host mode working?

These (Camera and USB Host) are the only things holding me back from switching from 2.2 (MoDaCo) right now.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work!

Guest xathras

I appreciate all the hard work put into making this ROM, but I was wondering if there are any plans to get the camera and USB host mode working?

These (Camera and USB Host) are the only things holding me back from switching from 2.2 (MoDaCo) right now.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work!

USB host, bluetooth, camera and microphone do work work yet but are being worked on. They are trying to make the USB port switch between host and slave on-the-fly (no reboot required). If you are not already doing so, keep your eye on the Tabletroms forum.

http://tabletroms.co...-build-6-a.html

Guest radox1

I don't know about Google search in particular, but a lot of these black overlay problems are being solved by turning the tablet to portrait mode. This seems to bring up a menu that can only be seen in portrait, which allows you to carry on with what you were trying to do. I haven't tested it myself, so I can't vouch that it works, but it's worth a try, I would imagine. I don't know if you have to do this every time or if it is just the first time.

That seems to have done it! I had auto rotate disabled in the settings turning this of made google search work. Thanks very much.

Guest Treb63

Hi,

Great ROM, using as rom of choice now cant see a need to go back to Corvus now, wil be perfect with a couple of tweaks.

Just one question, the responsiveness of the touchscreen along the top edge on my fresh install is very bad, it takes about 30 tries to close a tab in the stock browser. is there any mod/fix or workaround yet?

regards

Guest premieral

Hi team vegacomb just a quick thank you, have come back to the newbe rom fold after being on cm7 for a loooong time now and have to say first impressions are impressive.

fast and smooth no problems with market or wifi etc and i couldnt flash modded stock v2 as i am at work so i have run it over modded 1 and it really doesnt seem to mind a bit.

only thing that happened that was a liitle strange was teh battery went from 82% to 15% after flashing but i will tinker with the stats etc and see if that clears it.

so just a final well done and thanks for the efforts, it is people like you that make this such a fun machine

respect

Al

Guest xathras

Just one question, the responsiveness of the touchscreen along the top edge on my fresh install is very bad, it takes about 30 tries to close a tab in the stock browser. is there any mod/fix or workaround yet?

It also takes me several prods to close a tab in the stock browser, but nowhere near 30. However, I have noticed that it seems easier to close a tab in Dolphin HD, so try a couple of other browsers and see how they compare.

Guest ThomasAstor

Screen wise, when in Market, when trying to do a search, I have to find the sweet spot to activate the search, so the top border has some issues with touch.

Another quest for finding a Photo Frame app which can be edited in size. I tried few, without success. Even in ADW, I can only increase the size by a little margin, not like in Corvus5.

Thanks

T.

Guest joaotavela

hi, I have a Pov Tablet with f3307 Ericsson internal modem. In All versions of Vegacomb since 1.3 to 3.2 b6, i have problems to make work my 3G connection.

When activate 3G connection, doesn't connect and fail do search network. When using logcat commands, says SIMCARD_NOT_READY state.

The only roms which work fine with my modem is Gambaro Rom and Fuji-Vega 0.6.

Anybody can help-me?

Thanks

OK, awesome ROM, but seriously - Is there any need for the daft white "if you paid for this ROM you got screwed" screen at start of boot animation?

Everything else is superb, but the white screen just loses all class the rest of the ROM builds up.

Anyone know of a way to remove this?

cheers.

Guest derffie

OK, awesome ROM, but seriously - Is there any need for the daft white "if you paid for this ROM you got screwed" screen at start of boot animation?

Everything else is superb, but the white screen just loses all class the rest of the ROM builds up.

Anyone know of a way to remove this?

cheers.

Dude, look on Ebay at the honky honeycomb vega fakes... Its needed. Small issue for such a big ROM....

Dude, look on Ebay at the honky honeycomb vega fakes... Its needed. Small issue for such a big ROM....

Dude - It really isn't. I bought my Vega at Dixons, and installed the ROM from here. By all means have notices posted all over the internet to let people know, but don't have it on the splash screen.

Even on first boot after installing would be fine, but every time is just pissing people off. If i did get ripped off, the first I would know is when reading the message on first boot - much too late to do anything about it.

Although it's a noble thought, It just pisses off those who originally bought the Vega, and rubs salt in the wounds of those who paid extra on ebay etc..

Does anyone know if Vega tools v4.0 will overwrite the stock boot animation? (Including the daft message??)

Guest rebeldx

Dude - It really isn't. I bought my Vega at Dixons, and installed the ROM from here. By all means have notices posted all over the internet to let people know, but don't have it on the splash screen.

Even on first boot after installing would be fine, but every time is just pissing people off. If i did get ripped off, the first I would know is when reading the message on first boot - much too late to do anything about it.

Although it's a noble thought, It just pisses off those who originally bought the Vega, and rubs salt in the wounds of those who paid extra on ebay etc..

Does anyone know if Vega tools v4.0 will overwrite the stock boot animation? (Including the daft message??)

i think ur goin a bit OTT personally, ....... it lasts a matter of seconds n has no affect on the ROM.

it lasts like 5 seconds, suck it up n stop being so ungrateful. TINY price 2 pay for 3.2

i think ur goin a bit OTT personally, ....... it lasts a matter of seconds n has no affect on the ROM.

it lasts like 5 seconds, suck it up n stop being so ungrateful. TINY price 2 pay for 3.2

Ungrateful? Don't think so..... The work that the Vegacomb team have done is nothing short of amazing - And I love them for it.

The whole point of Android over IOS is that you can customise it. All i want to do is remove the first screen, (not included in the boot animation files btw).

It IS a tiny price to pay, but why pay it at all if i don't have to? I think it cheapens the overall feel of the ROM, and it has ZERO benefit to anyone, anywhere, ever....

My quest continues - but I WILL find a way to remove it sooner or later....

Guest phil8715

Ungrateful? Don't think so..... The work that the Vegacomb team have done is nothing short of amazing - And I love them for it.

The whole point of Android over IOS is that you can customise it. All i want to do is remove the first screen, (not included in the boot animation files btw).

It IS a tiny price to pay, but why pay it at all if i don't have to? I think it cheapens the overall feel of the ROM, and it has ZERO benefit to anyone, anywhere, ever....

My quest continues - but I WILL find a way to remove it sooner or later....

It doesn't really bother me, I have it on mine. It's probably to stop Dodgepots passing it off as an official Honeycomb device and charging an extra for the privilege.

What is happening is in the far east some companies are selling Vega's with HoneyComb using Newbie and the team's rom and charging upto £200 extra. and calling it an official HoneyComb device.

It doesn't really bother me, I have it on mine. It's probably to stop Dodgepots passing it off as an official Honeycomb device and charging an extra for the privilege.

What is happening is in the far east some companies are selling Vega's with HoneyComb using Newbie and the team's rom and charging upto £200 extra. and calling it an official HoneyComb device.

Totally understood - But lets face it - these people aint getting to return them for refunds are they? By the time they have the device, they're stuck with it. Why rub their noses in it? I just don't see the benefits. I could get on board if it was a first time boot script which ran once and then left you to it, but it's just annoying.

Overall a great ROM, and a small niggle, but one i would love to overcome. Lets face it - someone somewhere will, and the dodgy people selling these things will take advantage of that. Why limit genuine users who have knowingly purchased and upgraded?

Guest ViPaSoft

Totally understood - But lets face it - these people aint getting to return them for refunds are they? By the time they have the device, they're stuck with it. Why rub their noses in it? I just don't see the benefits. I could get on board if it was a first time boot script which ran once and then left you to it, but it's just annoying.

Overall a great ROM, and a small niggle, but one i would love to overcome. Lets face it - someone somewhere will, and the dodgy people selling these things will take advantage of that. Why limit genuine users who have knowingly purchased and upgraded?

I kind of understand where you're coming from, though it doesn't bother me personally.

Also, any manufacturer could possible pay someone in the far east or where ever to remove it anyway before putting on their dodgy tablets. It would have probably been better if it had been hard written into the system menu under About Device or whatever it's called.