[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

Totally understood - But lets face it - these people aint getting to return them for refunds are they? By the time they have the device, they're stuck with it. Why rub their noses in it? I just don't see the benefits. I could get on board if it was a first time boot script which ran once and then left you to it, but it's just annoying.

Overall a great ROM, and a small niggle, but one i would love to overcome. Lets face it - someone somewhere will, and the dodgy people selling these things will take advantage of that. Why limit genuine users who have knowingly purchased and upgraded?

Limit? Purchased?

Charging for Vegacomb is intellectual property theft, and the team that is writing Vegacomb has every right to protect itself from that theft in anyway they choose.

The whole point is that Vegacomb is published under a variation of the Gnu licence. Without that licence you would have a choice between Windows 7 and iOs. I would prefer that the splashscreen didn't burn my retinas, (SO I don't look) but otherwise I applaud the idea.

Edited by lesd

Guest WWEpsp

Hey, STOP the complaining, problem is simple, if you dont like the white screen then DON'T USE THE ROM, they're not pointing you with a pistol making you use the ROM.

I think is more important to stop chinese companies from cheating on people, lying and earning money from something they don't have work on. So stop being such a "dick head" (sorry) and ungrateful, because if anyone post a way to erase the white screen, chinese people will delete it too. (if they don't find their own way to delete it)

They've done this for everyone and for free, with their hardwork, so is simple flash the ROM or flash other or stay with stock vega's ROM.

Edited by WWEpsp

Hey, STOP the complaining, problem is simple, if you dont like the white screen then DON'T USE THE ROM, they're not pointing you with a pistol making you use the ROM.

I think is more important to stop chinese companies from cheating on people, lying and earning money from something they don't have work on. So stop being such a "dick head" (sorry) and ungrateful, because if anyone post a way to erase the white screen, chinese people will delete it too. (if they don't find their own way to delete it)

They've done this for everyone and for free, with their hardwork, so is simple flash the ROM or flash other or stay with stock vega's ROM.

lol - get some sleep, and try to get out the right side of bed tomorrow.

Doesn't matter really - it's software, and it can be changed if the right person with the right skills gets involved.

Vipasoft is right - It would have been better with a note in the system menu somewhere less obvious, but that still gets the point across.

Anyway - will post back when i work it out. I guess you won't be interested................

Peace.

Guest phil8715

Everytime I log into a forum using VegaComb despite me having the ua string set to desktop it keeps saying i'm using an iPad or iDevice.

Anybody else had this problem?

Everytime I log into a forum using VegaComb despite me having the ua string set to desktop it keeps saying i'm using an iPad or iDevice.

which browser are you using?

Guest casey99

It's a known fault on the stock browser,(on this ROM) I change the UA string to iPad then shut the browser down then go back and set the UA to Desktop and all the websites I visit then give me the full version.

On version 5 this only has to be done once but on version 6 you have to do it on each reboot.

Newbe5 says this has been fixed on version 7 which will hopefully be along soon.:)

Guest liamb1234

Hi guys , first off , thanks for making this rom, its brilliant . I only have one problem and a few questions if anyone has the answers.

When the vega goes into stand by, and then comes out, it crashes, the screen goes unresponsive and i have to do a had shut down. One timethis wrecked the os and itwouldnt load past the boos screen. Any ideas why?

Another questions is will future updates be a cwm or will we have to reflsh, just everytime i do i lose app etc and i cant get them back from the sd card.

once again this is a brilliant rom, andhas come so far! Thanks again guys.

Guest ursulavasey

My Vega has a strange quirk with this rom, and I haven't seen anyone else with the same issue. What happens is that I download an app from the market, the app downloads fine and creates a shortcut on my front screen, which is how it's meant to be, but the market force closes the second the app finishes downloading. The apps work fine, but the force close on the market seems strange. I can live with it, it isn't a deal-breaker, but I do wonder what causes it to happen. I think the rom itself is fantastic, and for me, it's definitely a keeper. I look forward to what build 7 has to offer.

Guest dbaseii

Not sure if its by honeycombe design but you cannot use the whole screen for icons. as soon as you drag an icon near the edge it either get pulled back or gets pushed to another screen

Guest Kevrae

Not sure if its by honeycombe design but you cannot use the whole screen for icons. as soon as you drag an icon near the edge it either get pulled back or gets pushed to another screen

yeah that is by design on honeycomb, it has a frame around each home screen.

Edited by Kevrae

Guest dibbles

Build 7 is out now :)

VegaComb 3.2 Build 7 Features:

Issue with the Browser not correctly setting and saving the UA string has now been resolved. Sites like BBC iPlayer should now stop redirecting you to the wrong version of the site.

Issue where the market was charging people in dollars has been fixed.

Certain apps not showing in the Market (Like MyPlayer and ITV Player) has now been resolved.

Microphone is now fixed! Voice search, voice chat etc will now work correctly.

OpenVPN support has been added (thanks for the nudge Scanno! :P)

Issue where the RTC (clock) would not correctly keep time updated when the tablet was either off or sleeping should now be resolved.

Issue with Alarms not working correctly should now be resolved.

Potential fix to the Accelerometer Lag issue, as part of this, the Lock Rotation switch on the top of the tablet has been disabled. Please report back and let us know if this has helped accelerometer responsiveness in games!

Again, more stuff I've probably forgotten :P

Edited by dibbles

Guest Durbybard

Thanks bud, been watching posts here incase i missed something like build 7.

Link below for download....

http://www.multiupload.com/YQ2KN1OZ89 is full build 7 download...

http://www.multiupload.com/QZC8SREVA8 is update patch from build 6 to 7, says wipe cache, i wiped dalvik cache only, other report just updating, no wiping of cache...

Chris

Guest Durbybard

You are welcome :)

I did not place the links directly as I assumed that the forum where it is hosted would welcome the visitors and traffic :)

I posted links as i can't understand why this forum seems to be out of the loop on vega 3.2 rom updates/posts, but tablet roms is.

I much prefer to use this site for advice/helping and finding info as i like the people here, not saying tabletroms peeps are awful, just don't have much use for it as with this forum,

But, if i'm not suppose to post links then i appologise, just thought it maybe easier for those who use this site only to get there hands on either file...

Chris...

Thanks bud, been watching posts here incase i missed something like build 7.

Link below for download....

http://www.multiupload.com/YQ2KN1OZ89 is full build 7 download...

http://www.multiupload.com/QZC8SREVA8 is update patch from build 6 to 7, says wipe cache, i wiped dalvik cache only, other report just updating, no wiping of cache...

Chris

You should be posting links to the release thread at Tablet Roms not direct download links! Information is posted there on new features, known issues, potential hardware issues and disclaimers, install instructions and also donation links. The team go to a whole lot of trouble to put these roms together, at least have the decency to read their release thread.

Guest newbe5

I posted links as i can't understand why this forum seems to be out of the loop on vega 3.2 rom updates/posts, but tablet roms is.

I much prefer to use this site for advice/helping and finding info as i like the people here, not saying tabletroms peeps are awful, just don't have much use for it as with this forum,

But, if i'm not suppose to post links then i appologise, just thought it maybe easier for those who use this site only to get there hands on either file...

Chris...

Honestly, the only reason I post at TR instead of Modaco (I love you guys here, and I read this forums religiously!) is that I only want to keep one thread updated. I haven't even posted over at XDA, Rebel1 did that. The reason for this is that I am a Mod over at TR, so I can keep things clean and up to date, whereas there appears to be no mods on this forum, and everything goes largely unnoticed :/

newbe5

Guest dbaseii

yeah that is by design on honeycomb, it has a frame around each home screen.

fixed this by installing launcherpro, but it takes the fun out using honeycomb

Guest dibbles

fixed this by installing launcherpro, but it takes the fun out using honeycomb

I haven't used Launcherpro on the Vega, and I have noted that they have stated in their forums that they do not officially support 3.x Honeycomb. But I am using ADWLauncher EX which has just been updated to support 3.2 and it seems to work fine.

Whether it makes any practical differnce or not I do not know but there is more memory available as well when using the ADWlaucher than the Launcher 2 that comes as std. That may well have something to do with no longer having all the widgets and the like though on the screen.

Edited by dibbles

i cant install a different launcher... launcher pro, adw ex (and spb (cant even find spb in market))..

when they are installed and i press home button, only the screen fades a bit, but i cant select a launcher. :(

also, opera mini browser doesnt work correctly.. i want full view like in vegacomb 1.7. :(

still waiting for these little things. but sow happy with vc! its just the best thing that can happen to your tablet haha

Guest phil8715

i cant install a different launcher... launcher pro, adw ex (and spb (cant even find spb in market))..

when they are installed and i press home button, only the screen fades a bit, but i cant select a launcher. :(

also, opera mini browser doesnt work correctly.. i want full view like in vegacomb 1.7. :(

still waiting for these little things. but sow happy with vc! its just the best thing that can happen to your tablet haha

I've just noticed that you can't save bookmarks to the front screen, well you can but it won't open from the front screen.

Guest dibbles

See me post #152 to see what I had to do to resolve that one.

Guest Durbybard

I've just noticed that you can't save bookmarks to the front screen, well you can but it won't open from the front screen.

Yeh, i found that, used to have vega forum link on desktop on modaco R8, but on build 7 i just get the screen going darker till i back button out.

As we know it's a work in progress, i guess all comments will be looked over to sort out fixes if possible.

I am liking the new rom tho, apart from no facebook app and iplayer app (works fine in opera mobile with market flash installed) and links on the main screen and can't get VTL launcher working, all else seems well, love the email app, looks alittle like outlook on PC and my battery seems to be running down fast.

Other than that, top marks for something from scratch.

Chris...

Guest rebeldx

rotate the tab ..... its givin u an option that is only visible when u rotate to portrait mode