JGM Software Ginger Stir Fry Themes - Now with ICS!

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest TheManicGibbon

JGM Software Ginger Stir Fry Themes

The JGM Software themes proved very popular for the various Froyo ROMs, so I am now making them available for Ginger Stir Fry. Sense, Gingerbread and Honeycomb will all be available and I am open to suggestions. I prefer to work on porting existing designs such as Honeycomb or Sense or strict specifications as opposed to "Can u plz make me a blue theme?" if you're going to make any suggestions. As always, I respectfully request you not to mirror them, allowing me to keep track of download numbers for my records. Themes are partially created using UOT Kitchen and I add, edit and expand files manually using a variety of development tools. Credit is given where appropriate.

Ice Cream Sandwich Theme

The new Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) has proved popular for its clean look and slick icons. Get the look now without waiting for a ROM. Please note, the lockscreen is achieved through WidgetLocker, available from the market priced £1.87.

post-843502-0-30686700-1319658129_thumb. post-843502-0-81526300-1319658541_thumb.post-843502-0-19251000-1319658549_thumb.

What does it change?

-The status bar and notification pull-down tray.

-The status bar icons.

-Numerous app icons, the application title bar and settings icons.

-Overscroll glow set to ICS blue instead of Gingerbread orange.

-Camera shutter button changed.

Are there any bugs or issues?

-Yes, a couple. Because this theme was practically created from scratch, there are a couple of issues with black-on-black text colouring, on popup menus. This will hopefully be fixed quickly in a later release. Also, the power control widget will have its toggle colour changed from yellow to ICS blue, and more apps will be updated to have the ICS icons.

Downloads

Full theme - Changes as described above

12.7MB MD5:93a2b63d61c669a1cc5ac61bccd2ddc2

Download

Icon Pack - Support my development by buying the premium Launcher Pro Icon Pack from the Android Market

Download

Extras - Credit to 2 XDA members; Gustavo RD78 and sonnysekhon for providing some more icons, and icons that weren't available straight from the SDK. This file is not to be flashed, unzip it and use a launcher such as LaunchePro to assign your own custom icons and dock backgrounds.

Download

HTC Sense Theme

The HTC Sense look has proved very popular amongst the forum users and there have been various methods of getting this look. This is a quick and easy way to achieve the basic Sense theme.

post-843502-0-91616200-1313523640_thumb. post-843502-0-46837300-1313523632_thumb. post-843502-0-84176400-1313523645_thumb.

What does it change?

-The status bar icons

-The Full version also changes the phone Settings menu to the HTC Sense icons.

-Yes, a couple. Firstly, the phone signal icons are the stock Gingerbread ones in order to keep the colour changing behaviour when your handset is connected to the Google servers. If someone could tell me of a way to stop this behaviour I can make them always Sense, or I can do this manually image by image if there is enough demand for it. Secondly, Some white icons don't display properly in the notification pulldown because the background is white. I'll fix this soon too. So nothing major.

Downloads

Base Theme - Changes icons in status bar, status bar and notification pulldown.

3.10MB MD5: d01b78fc74ff104b6e529124a7022eeb

Download

Full Theme - As Base Theme + Settings menu is Sense-themed.

5.21MB MD5:a389a263ae3bb56203d91633498dcdc1

Download

Extra Bits - Includes wallpaper and dock background for use with a Launcher. I'll make a complete Launcher pro config as well so people don't have to set it all up themselves.

182KB

Download

Stock Gingerbread Theme

This theme will revert the notification pulldown tray back to stock Gingerbread. Circle battery mod coming soon.

post-843502-0-20450200-1313698578_thumb. post-843502-0-29460500-1313698586_thumb. post-843502-0-17659700-1313698603_thumb.

Downloads

Standard Battery theme-Changes the notification pulldown to standard Gingerbread and keeps the Gingerbread settings icons.

5.25MB MD5:7d0aa258f1554bf7757c0bb6cc58a0f3

Download

Honeycomb Theme

A stock Honeycomb theme for GSF. In development, also coming soon.

Icons.zip

Guest ShahinTehShiz

I'd LOVE to see you're old themes (for SS and FLB) but for GSF, the circle battery ones were the best. (for B9-19, and B20)

Thanks!

Guest TheManicGibbon

I just need a transparent or semi transparent statusbar for GSF b17. Anyone know where to get this?

You could do one yourself using the UOT Kitchen, which would let you choose everything to your tastes yourself :)

I'd LOVE to see you're old themes (for SS and FLB) but for GSF, the circle battery ones were the best. (for B9-19, and B20)

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do :)

Guest JasonLeeming

JGM Software Ginger Stir Fry Themes

The JGM Software themes proved very popular for the various Froyo ROMs, so I am now making them available for Ginger Stir Fry. Sense, Gingerbread and Honeycomb will all be available and I am open to suggestions. I prefer to work on porting existing designs such as Honeycomb or Sense or strict specifications as opposed to "Can u plz make me a blue theme?" if you're going to make any suggestions. As always, I respectfully request you not to mirror them, allowing me to keep track of download numbers for my records. Themes are partially created using UOT Kitchen and I add, edit and expand files manually using a variety of development tools. Credit is given where appropriate.

HTC Sense Theme

The HTC Sense look has proved very popular amongst the forum users and there have been various methods of getting this look. This is a quick and easy way to achieve the basic Sense theme.

post-843502-0-91616200-1313523640_thumb. post-843502-0-46837300-1313523632_thumb. post-843502-0-84176400-1313523645_thumb.

What does it change?

-The status bar icons

-The Full version also changes the phone Settings menu to the HTC Sense icons.

-Yes, a couple. Firstly, the phone signal icons are the stock Gingerbread ones in order to keep the colour changing behaviour when your handset is connected to the Google servers. If someone could tell me of a way to stop this behaviour I can make them always Sense, or I can do this manually image by image if there is enough demand for it. Secondly, Some white icons don't display properly in the notification pulldown because the background is white. I'll fix this soon too. So nothing major.

Downloads

Base Theme - Changes icons in status bar, status bar and notification pulldown.

3.10MB MD5: d01b78fc74ff104b6e529124a7022eeb

Download

Full Theme - As Base Theme + Settings menu is Sense-themed.

5.21MB MD5:a389a263ae3bb56203d91633498dcdc1

Download

Extra Bits - Includes wallpaper and dock background for use with a Launcher. I'll make a complete Launcher pro config as well so people don't have to set it all up themselves.

182KB

Download

Stock Gingerbread Theme

This theme will revert the notification pulldown tray back to stock Gingerbread. Circle battery mod coming soon.

post-843502-0-20450200-1313698578_thumb. post-843502-0-29460500-1313698586_thumb. post-843502-0-17659700-1313698603_thumb.

Downloads

Standard Battery theme-Changes the notification pulldown to standard Gingerbread and keeps the Gingerbread settings icons.

5.25MB MD5:7d0aa258f1554bf7757c0bb6cc58a0f3

Download

Honeycomb Theme

A stock Honeycomb theme for GSF. In development, also coming soon.

What's that launcher you're using?

Guest JasonLeeming

Maybe snip that quote out mate? tongue.gif It's Launcher Pro Plus.

Where did you get the skin from? Sorry for taking this off topic.

Nice theme by the way. It looks really good.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Where did you get the skin from? Sorry for taking this off topic.

Nice theme by the way. It looks really good.

If by skins you mean the dock background, it's included in the Sense Bits download in the first post to help you get the same look. If you get Launcher Pro, everything you need to create the exact same homescreens as the screenshots are available for download in the first post.

Hope this helps, cheers :)

Guest JasonLeeming

If by skins you mean the dock background, it's included in the Sense Bits download in the first post to help you get the same look. If you get Launcher Pro, everything you need to create the exact same homescreens as the screenshots are available for download in the first post.

Hope this helps, cheers :)

I've found that LP Sense UI is really good, but I'm having trouble making the 2nd and 3rd launcher look the way I want.

Guest TheManicGibbon

I've found that LP Sense UI is really good, but I'm having trouble making the 2nd and 3rd launcher look the way I want.

I'm not sure what you mean...you can't get the second and third screenshots looking right?

Guest JasonLeeming

I'm not sure what you mean...you can't get the second and third screenshots looking right?

Don't worry about it. I'm going on with myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheManicGibbon

hey verry good theme man :) can you port a MIUI theme ?:D

Yeah I'm looking at doing one for Sam for his CAE ROM so I should manage to port something if I get something functional :)

Guest lensois59

Yeah I'm looking at doing one for Sam for his CAE ROM so I should manage to port something if I get something functional :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TheManicGibbon

Just putting the finishing touches to a Honeycomb theme now, should be ready soon! A screenshot as a wee taster (there are still some things needing sorted, this is just the BETA).

post-843502-0-34081300-1316940940_thumb.

• 1 month later...
Guest TheManicGibbon

Just another update folks! I've now added an Ice Cream Sandwich theme to the first post, should keep a lot of people happy until we get a ROM :) I'm going to try and keep up to date with fixing bugs but have a lot of work at the moment so if you spot something, drop me a post and I'll see what I can do :)

Guest fallenangel32

Just another update folks! I've now added an Ice Cream Sandwich theme to the first post, should keep a lot of people happy until we get a ROM :) I'm going to try and keep up to date with fixing bugs but have a lot of work at the moment so if you spot something, drop me a post and I'll see what I can do :)

you can use some apps from blade mix 360

all the stock apps having the ics icons and they will work because are 2.3.4 apps

and all icons are zipalinged...

Guest TheManicGibbon

you can use some apps from blade mix 360

all the stock apps having the ics icons and they will work because are 2.3.4 apps

and all icons are zipalinged...

Thanks! I'll use some of them in a future update :)

Also, I have a fix for the black on black menus, and I'll provide an update if there's sufficient uptake on the theme, theming seems to have died a bit recently :/

Guest SWOriginal

Also, I have a fix for the black on black menus, and I'll provide an update if there's sufficient uptake on the theme, theming seems to have died a bit recently :/

its mainly because noone is on ginger stir fry anymore.. maybe do the ics themes for the two popular roms ?

Guest TheManicGibbon

Oh, my bad I've not been keeping up with the current dev scene because I've been so busy; what are two more popular ones?

Cheers :)

EDIT: I assume it's Mile High Mountain Pie and BladeMix 360?

Guest fallenangel32

Thanks! I'll use some of them in a future update :)

you can post these theme and in original bm360 post,so all users know ;)

Guest TheManicGibbon

you can post these theme and in original bm360 post,so all users know ;)

I don't really see the point in doing an ICS theme for BladeMix since it has an excellent one already...but if there's anything else I could see what I could do.

Also, it turns out to be more difficult than I thought; and I can't work out how to fix the black-on-black menu text. Can you help me?