[rom][gen2][zte 2.3.4] Monte Carlo Stir Fry

Guest wbaw

Guest solidchips

Hi everyone,

I tried Monty carlo ROM on my phone, and IMHO i felt no difference in audio quality/quantity.

Maybe this particular blade is unable to produce the dolby effect.

Whatever it is, for me it's the same, enabling/disabling Dolby option didn't make any noticeable difference in music/ringtones quality.

Edited by solidchips

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi everyone,

I tried Monty carlo ROM on my phone, and IMHO i felt no difference in audio quality/quantity.

Maybe this particular blade is unable to produce the dolby effect.

Whatever it is, for me it's the same, enabling/disabling Dolby option didn't make any noticeable difference in music/ringtones quality.

Have you noticed any difference in your network coverage?

Guest Telltale

I'm having a problem in ES File Explorer where it won't let me use the Root Explorer and so I can't mount the System as R/W. It just says "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your phone."

Is anyone else having this same problem?

Guest solidchips

Can't say for sure, i always get full network signal with all the ROM's i tired.

It's probably because of good network coverage in the area, i guess.

There can't be any difference in network coverage. Everything that could possibly affect that was copied straight from GSF, which copied it from CM7.

Guest rockstarszzzz

There can't be any difference in network coverage. Everything that could possibly affect that was copied straight from GSF, which copied it from CM7.

Could it be that the network bars are displayed incorrectly then? The areas where I used to have 'G', now I see 3G and the areas with 3G, now I see 3G+ - just an observation.

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

can the bluetooth issue ever be solved??

Yes it can (maybe) ... it needs other Bluetooth files or it needs something else..?

if anyone edited ZTE Skate's Bluetooth files for Blade then maybe them can work...

Guest unrandomsam

Yes it can (maybe) ... it needs other Bluetooth files or it needs something else..?

if anyone edited ZTE Skate's Bluetooth files for Blade then maybe them can work...

It definitely can work cas_xp managed it for his u81xx rom.

(Changed broadcom wifi + bt to ar6000 + qualcomm bluetooth).

Guest shmizan

Could it be that the network bars are displayed incorrectly then? The areas where I used to have 'G', now I see 3G and the areas with 3G, now I see 3G+ - just an observation.

there is no better network reception.

I put MCSF only to test it, and it isn't improved :)

Guest samuvuo

I'm having a problem in ES File Explorer where it won't let me use the Root Explorer and so I can't mount the System as R/W. It just says "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your phone."

Is anyone else having this same problem?

Had the same problem after installing Simple Stir Fry Lite (b19). Spent 30 minutes trying different things to get it working, then gave up and bought Root Explorer [1]. It's an amazing tool, a must-have for a rooted phone, I'd say.

[1] https://market.andro...re.rootexplorer

Guest rockstarszzzz

there is no better network reception.

I put MCSF only to test it, and it isn't improved :)

Thanks for confirming it! It must be just my network then ;) Call it my voice in my head or call me crazy, but using MCSF I can talk while in lift in a building where I normally dont even get a connection in first place :)

Guest Amit.V

maybe it's just my imagination but this rom is even faster and smoother the GSF. possible? maybe it's OC to 800mhz since it's originally a skate rom? i just feel that eveything runs faster. it's fantastic.

or maybe it's just because i've tried going back to CM7 for a few days, and it's so slow and laggy...

Guest INFERNO66

maybe it's just my imagination but this rom is even faster and smoother the GSF. possible? maybe it's OC to 800mhz since it's originally a skate rom? i just feel that eveything runs faster. it's fantastic.

NO. In this ROM kernel from GSF. Not OCed

Guest Amit.V

if the kernel is from gsf what is from the skate rom? because i'm pretty sure it's faster than GSF.

one more question - is there any way to add battery circle extended menu and crt off animation? all the mods on the goodies thread are for GSF. i couldn't find one for this rom.

Guest proximapro

This Rom and GSF b21 are achieved about twenty points in cpu float in antutu benchmark. For example vanilla gingerbread is achieved more points, more than one hundred and fifty. Why ?

Guest INFERNO66

if the kernel is from gsf what is from the skate rom? because i'm pretty sure it's faster than GSF.

Some libs and system files from skate witch working on blade/libra

How can i add Dolby Feature to Ginger? Copying Music.apk file? Exporting kernel?

If it could be done easily,wbaw would have done it by now.

I have no doubt that Wbaw could crack it,but as he has said,there will not be any further development on mcsf or gsf.

At least not by him anyway.

I think this rom is great by itself

Ok it has no bluetooth,no biggy for most,wifi tether needs third party app,no biggy there either.

Wbaw says there maybe other bugs,but I have not noticed any myself.

But to be honest,the main reason I am using this rom,is for the sound qaulity I get through my headphones.

Because I listen to a lot of music on my blade when I out and about,I use this rom.

When at home,i restore my backup of N173+

Could really do with dual boot.lol

Edited by Guest

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

I got music player to work for me on mcsf ROM... So if anyone have problems with music player then download CM7 music player and replace the music player now the music player should work and dolby audio effect works too when listening music.... on with earphones can come problems and force close message...

Some other can be fixed maybe then if replacing some apk files not settings.apk, etc.

+ some Bluetooth files needs removing or editing or renaming to get Bluetooth to work correctly...

maybe framework-res.apk in framework folder needs editing too...

Guest Stephen_Allen

I got music player to work for me on mcsf ROM... So if anyone have problems with music player then download CM7 music player and replace the music player now the music player should work and dolby audio effect works too when listening music.... on with earphones can come problems and force close message...

Some other can be fixed maybe then if replacing some apk files not settings.apk, etc.

+ some Bluetooth files needs removing or editing or renaming to get Bluetooth to work correctly...

maybe framework-res.apk in framework folder needs editing too...

I tried this, but the Music player force closes all the time now, before it was only when I went the Artists tab and selected an artist.

I had to revert back unfortunately.