Micro USB headset with ZTE Blade

Guest Nikunj

Guest Nikunj

Hello guys,

Not sure if this has been covered anywhere but I couldn't find. I have installed CM7 and on one the newer nightlies (150'ish something). I have one query though; My wife has a Samsung Galaxy which came with a micro usb headset (with mic) (it slots in the same port where the charger fits).

Is it possible to use this headset with some mods/app.. so that it works with ZTE Blade.

Has anyone tried something similar to this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Guest FelixL

Which Galaxy? The old i7500? S? S2? ...? There are millions ;)

Otherwise: Afaik only the S2 does USB OTG. If it is one of the other devices there are probably additional contacts in the USB port like on the HTC G1/Dream.

Have a look here for the HTC connector with 11 pins:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExtUSB#Proprietary_connectors_and_formats

HTC manufactured Windows Mobile and Android-based Communicators which have a proprietary connector called HTC ExtUSB (Extended USB). ExtUSB combines mini-USB (with which it is backwards-compatible) with audio input as well as audio and video output in an 11-pin connector.

Maybe the Galaxy you mean does use additional contacts, too. have a look at the port and cable and compare it to a normal one.

Guest Nikunj

Which Galaxy? The old i7500? S? S2? ...? There are millions ;)

Otherwise: Afaik only the S2 does USB OTG. If it is one of the other devices there are probably additional contacts in the USB port like on the HTC G1/Dream.

Have a look here for the HTC connector with 11 pins:

http://en.wikipedia....ors_and_formats

Maybe the Galaxy you mean does use additional contacts, too. have a look at the port and cable and compare it to a normal one.

Sorry I should have made clear.. I was talking about Samsung Galaxy S.

I have checked the connector and compared it with charger and couldn't see any visible differences in number of pins. They both appear to have 5 pins.

Thanks,

Nikunj