Vega or Hannspad??

Guest scedminc

Guest scedminc

Hi All,

Just a quickie as I am torn between the Vega and Hannspad. Basically I want one of these devices but not sure which to choose from.

I like the look of the hannspad and I am not worried about camera etc. The hannspad is cheaper but there doesnt seem to be as much community support for it.

The only thing that is swaying me at the moment is the community support as I want custom Roms etc and defo want Honeycomb.

So based on that does anyone know if Hannspad will have honeycomb on it or am I just safer going with the Vega based on it already has honeycomb and the community support is much better??

Thanks.

Guest Dave Marchant

The hannspad is cheaper but there doesnt seem to be as much community support for it.

The only thing that is swaying me at the moment is the community support as I want custom Roms etc and defo want Honeycomb.

I think you have answered your question. The community support and choice of ROMs on the Vega must be worth the price difference.

Guest Minimonkey

It you are wanting better support and custom Roms there really is only one choice at the mo, but how long can you wait as I have a feeling that the Vega 2 will be out next month.

Guest partner2

About the community support... Hannspad is compatible with the Viewsonic G-Tab Roms. It also has HoneyComb (based in the old VegaComb). But they don't have hardware acceleration (yet)

Edited by partner2

Guest scedminc

Many thanks for all your comments.

I went out and got the Vega this afternoon.

Havent even taken it out of the box yet and wont until I take a look for the instructions for installing Vegacomb.

Guest dbaseii

Many thanks for all your comments.

I went out and got the Vega this afternoon.

Havent even taken it out of the box yet and wont until I take a look for the instructions for installing Vegacomb.

unpack and use it with the stock rom, then you will appreciate the alternative roms

Guest scedminc

unpack and use it with the stock rom, then you will appreciate the alternative roms

Thanks for that. I have just turned it on and it doesn't seem much different to the android phone I used to have in terms of software obviously not a phone though.

Ok, I am pretty ok with techie stuff and have downloaded vegacomb already but being I haven't had much dealings with an Android before then could you or anyone else point me in the right direction for a tutorial on flashing these things?

Cheers