Second battery and battery statistics

Guest SteliosGR

Guest SteliosGR

I have the ZTE - Blade smartphone and I decided to buy a new second battery with external changer due to the limited battery duration.

However, when I inserted the new charged battery, the phone didn't recognized it as a new battery but as the old one that it was suddenly fully charged.

As a result the statistics are wrong, reducing the efficiency of the batteries.

Is there any solution for my issue?

For example an app that could recognize the new battery and correctly update the stats every time that I replace a battery with the other.

Edited by SteliosGR

Guest The Soup Thief

Not too sure about this but I wonder whether the new battery may be less compatible with the device than you hope

Alternatively you may try (assuming you have either a version of clockworkmod or else some utility like Battery Recalibration installed) wiping the battery stats when you put the new battery in (having ensured it's fully charged)

If you have to rewipe the battery stats everytime you switch batteries, that will soon get to be a pain in the hole I'm sure

Good luck though

Anyone else got any ideas?

Guest SteliosGR

Not too sure about this but I wonder whether the new battery may be less compatible with the device than you hope

Alternatively you may try (assuming you have either a version of clockworkmod or else some utility like Battery Recalibration installed) wiping the battery stats when you put the new battery in (having ensured it's fully charged)

If you have to rewipe the battery stats everytime you switch batteries, that will soon get to be a pain in the hole I'm sure

Good luck though

Anyone else got any ideas?

1.The new battery is absolutely compatible with the phone. I didn't encounter any compatibility problem.

2.The solution you proposed has the disadvantage that if I rewipe the statistics every time I switch the batteries, the phone will never have long statistics. The statistics will always be new leading to a limiited battery efficiency.

3.The only solution I can think would be an application that could update the statistics that I have replace the battery. This application could recognize the serial number of the batteries or could be updated manually by the user.

Edited by SteliosGR