USB Slave fastboot error

Guest Jac Quinn

Guest Jac Quinn

Hey people,

I was wondering if you can help a new Advent user out. I am running the R8 ROM from this site on my Vega which has been working perfectly until i tried to change the USB from "host" to "slave" to access the hard drive storage. The Vega rebooted and is now stuck on a black screen saying "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol", which i have no idea what it means or how to get rid of it and reboot my Vega normally.

Can anyone offer me a solution or information as to what it means?

Thanks in advance,

Jac

Guest Jac Quinn

Can any of the moderators/members help me out here? My Vega is stuck on this screen now, and seems to be an expensive paper weight :\

I tried to restore to factory settings, but i can get it into recovery mode

Any help would be very appreciated

Guest Jac Quinn

Thanks for the response :)

Where can i find YAUDI you mentioned? At the moment i'm not even able to take it to recovery mode :\ I'm running the battery down, hopefully that can sort it seeing as i've misplaced my receipt!

Guest simonta

Thanks for the response :)

Where can i find YAUDI you mentioned? At the moment i'm not even able to take it to recovery mode :\ I'm running the battery down, hopefully that can sort it seeing as i've misplaced my receipt!

That should be YAUDIG, which is a guide to getting to recovery and installing the USB drivers. AUDI is an utility which does the same thing automagically.

No point running down the battery, in fact, you'll need it charged above about 60% to get into recovery. No need for the receipt as there is nothing wrong with your Vega. The Modaco ROM has always been a bit flakey switching to host mode as it uses a really "brutal" way of doing it. Install Corvus5 instead. It's better than Modaco in every way and enables you to select USB mode during boot.

Guest WWEpsp

That should be YAUDIG, which is a guide to getting to recovery and installing the USB drivers. AUDI is an utility which does the same thing automagically.

No point running down the battery, in fact, you'll need it charged above about 60% to get into recovery. No need for the receipt as there is nothing wrong with your Vega. The Modaco ROM has always been a bit flakey switching to host mode as it uses a really "brutal" way of doing it. Install Corvus5 instead. It's better than Modaco in every way and enables you to select USB mode during boot.

oops YAUDIG sorry...

As simonta said, try Corvus5+SP1 best 2.2 rom out there!... If you like Honeycomb you can always take a look at Vegacomb, that recently updated with Android 3.2 and its running GREAT...

P.D: YAUDIG is right over here at the forum

Edited by WWEpsp

Guest Jac Quinn

I'm really struggling to get my Vega into recovery mode- I've tried the holding down back/home buttons etc, but nothing seems to be changing. I was going to re-flash with the Corvus5 mod like you recommended, but i can't get to the recovery mode. My computer is saying connected, but it is saying "NVIDIA Android Fastboot Device", not “NVidia Harmony Recovery” which i understand it should say

Edit: I had been trying to recover it with the power in- i removed that and the USB etc and now i've managed to recover it (i hope). Audi says it is anyway

Thanks again for your help :)

Edited by Jac Quinn