How to make a device config?

Guest Sami Beck

Guest Sami Beck

Im building from AOSP and ive tried using the cyanogenmod device config although there are compatabillity issues, Im just wondering how people actually create these device configs and where they get the files from etc etc, If someone could explain/shed some light on the issue please leave a reply or a link to somewhere that explains it fully.

Many Thanks!

Guest unrandomsam

Im building from AOSP and ive tried using the cyanogenmod device config although there are compatabillity issues, Im just wondering how people actually create these device configs and where they get the files from etc etc, If someone could explain/shed some light on the issue please leave a reply or a link to somewhere that explains it fully.

Many Thanks!

For the blade

go to QAEP

https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/

Download the branch you want.

(get one that supports msm7627) to start with.

e.g gingerbread_house

QAEP/device/qcom/msm7627_surf thats 90% of the device config you need.

The AMSS version is important (1240 for the current one we have).

Should boot and be mostly ok. with a suitable kernel.

Guest t0mm13b

What do I need to do after to make it work 100%

I'd like to point out something, CAF code is a PITA to get 100% correct, as the extra bits are the ZTE blade specifics which needs to be ported into the working branch that you have. (In fact, ZTE Blade code is forked from CAF....)

Guest Sami Beck

I'd like to point out something, CAF code is a PITA to get 100% correct, as the extra bits are the ZTE blade specifics which needs to be ported into the working branch that you have. (In fact, ZTE Blade code is forked from CAF....)

So you can use the CAF Source? Without modifying it?

Guest t0mm13b

So you can use the CAF Source? Without modifying it?

What I'm trying to say really is this, CAF source is a nightmare to get working 100%, sure you can get up to 90%, the remainder - well... it does require modifying.... naked CAF source can be used alright but just be prepared... ;)