Question about landscape mode in home and menu and about launchers

Guest flasherPSM

Guest flasherPSM

Hello guys

I would like to know the exact purpose of launchers, what they do to your battery life and what's the best one.

Additionally, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if there are launchers that can make your home and menu appear in landscape mode. I know LCR-F could do this, but I don't know if it's the work of the included launcher or the ROM itself.

Thanks

Edited by flasherPSM

Guest Master_T

The "Launcher" or "Home" is the application that you see when you press the Home button, and that manages the desktops (homescreens) and the list of apps that you can open (app drawer).

Wether it supports landscape mode depends indeed on the launcher.

The most used free launchers are:

1- LauncherPRO: was my favourite before MIUI came along, quite snappy and light and very usable. Supports landscape mode. CONS: the app drawer is the default android one, which is quite basic.

2- GO Launcher EX: very beautiful and customizable with lots of skins. App drawer il "iPhone style" (paged, scrolls horizontally). Supports landscape mode. CONS: Quite heavy, at least on the Liquid A1 I find it quite laggy.

3- ADW Launcher: clean and simple, don't know much cause I don't use it, but lots of people like it.

Finally my favourite: the MIUI launcher. You can't get it from market, you have to use a MIUI rom to have it. Very neat and well designed. It's peculiarity: it doesn't have an App Drawer, all apps are on the desktops, where you can organize them in folders. It takes a bit of time to orgnize them all the way you want (I personally keep a screen with the apps I use most and organize the others in folders on a second screen) but once you do it it's very easy and quick to access your apps. CONS: Doesn't support landscape mode afaik.

Guest flasherPSM

Go Launcher EX !!!laugh.gif

Works great on my liquid E, lots of themes and add-ons

No lag?

Experiencing a little lag while scrolling through the menu with launcherpro

Edited by flasherPSM