Maximum OC Limit for ZTE Blade

Guest Priyansh

Guest Priyansh

Hey all, this may have been discussed earlier, but I just want to know at how much freq do you use your blade at most times. I use CM NB165 and OC at 729 MHz. Actually thats the maximum it can withstand. More then that, it just hangs while running HD Games and I have to restart.

Waiting for a good poll result. :rolleyes: thanxx all

Edited by Priyansh

Guest targetbsp

Thought it just rebooted at 800mhz?

It's highly likely but it will depend on your CPU. It could reboot at 650 if your particular CPU is especially intolerant of overclocking.

Guest Priyansh

@ hecatae, peter0118 : doesn't your device reboot as soon as you OC it to 800...?? mine does at any frequency above 748 MHz.. also at 748, when I launch any game, it hangs. so one and the same thing at any freq above 729 MHz... :P

Guest Unbalanced

It's highly likely but it will depend on your CPU. It could reboot at 650 if your particular CPU is especially intolerant of overclocking.

That's true. When I had CM7 installed the max clock of my blade was at 768Mhz with no problems. A friend's blade had problems over 691Mhz with the same governor (ondemand).

Now my device is flying at stock clock (thanks to GSF)... cool.gif

Edited by Unbalanced

Guest hugobosslives

trouble with this poll is alot of users will not keep the OC at the same all the time.

for example when i'm playing an intensive game (eg NOVA2) i OC my blade as much as possible (768mhz) but when i'm playing average games or doing web surfing etc i might overclock it less or even leave it at stock 604mhz.

also when doing pretty much nothing but when i want the screen on i.e reading i will often underclock to 480mhz.

i guess what i'm saying is... i didn't know which option to pick :P as to be honest the freq i most use is 122-320mhz which is what it ios clocked to when in my pocket :lol:

but as i'm guessing you more meant what is my max OC freq. i put 768 :)

Guest Priyansh

trouble with this poll is alot of users will not keep the OC at the same all the time.

for example when i'm playing an intensive game (eg NOVA2) i OC my blade as much as possible (768mhz) but when i'm playing average games or doing web surfing etc i might overclock it less or even leave it at stock 604mhz.

also when doing pretty much nothing but when i want the screen on i.e reading i will often underclock to 480mhz.

i guess what i'm saying is... i didn't know which option to pick :P as to be honest the freq i most use is 122-320mhz which is what it ios clocked to when in my pocket :lol:

but as i'm guessing you more meant what is my max OC freq. i put 768 :)

lol.. yeahh thats what I meant.. sorry didn't mention it.. :P... btw. on which ROM were you able to run NOVA2.. M using CM NB165 with max 729MHz freq, and it just force closes as soon as it starts.

Guest t0mm13b

The overclocking is dependant on what governor being used - I use ondemand...which IMHO is the safest to use and try get to the overclocking speed gently and easy.

Using other governors and experimenting with the overclocking speed could cause the handset to reboot so watch out for that - 'smartass' is an iffy one - a bit of a smart ass really :lol: (cannot remember if its still in the latest cm kernel..) There was another one that got dropped....not sure

'nuf said :D

Edited by t0mm13b

CM7 (n161+):

I get 748MHz stable. But when i use my Jellycase i had to go back to 729MHz. If not i get reboots.

That's a reproduceable situation. I think this is why the phone gets a little bit hotter in the jellycase.

It's the same on the PC, heat is not good if you want to clock ;)

Edited by Guest

Guest Chocolate Columbo

Mine will eventually reboot at 806mhz... not immediately. Give it half an hour or so... Or being resource heavy it could reboot quickly. 748mhz will act up too eventually, but will last a long time before doing so. 729mhz with Interactive is my key. It seems to never crash and has been stable regardless of what I do.

Edited by Chocolate Columbo

Guest t0mm13b

Mines the highest so far - 787, completely stable!

Yaaaay!!!! wink.gif

:blink:

What governor are you using?

What's the battery like on it?

Amazing that the CPU did not give up the ghost at that speed... wow!

Guest Taptap1

With governer at performance maybe you have to go down one at clock speed, and have a bigger battery consumption, but the speed is still significantly higher.

:blink:

What governor are you using?

What's the battery like on it?

Amazing that the CPU did not give up the ghost at that speed... wow!

yeah i know! I just use on demand. the battery is actually amazing, considering the amount overclocked, it easily lasts me at least a day, depending on usage, but i do game a bit and the usual web browsing.

Guest OneB1t

is there some way to increase voltage on procesor because LG Optimus One have same procesor running no problem at 806Mhz i cant get my blade to more that 710 :-(

Guest hugobosslives

lol.. yeahh thats what I meant.. sorry didn't mention it.. :P... btw. on which ROM were you able to run NOVA2.. M using CM NB165 with max 729MHz freq, and it just force closes as soon as it starts.

runs on any 2.3 rom for me (either CM7 nightlies, GSF, or the newer more vanilla 2.3 roms). tho it only runs fast enough to play properly on CM7 overclocked :P

i did a thread on how to get it work when the game came out. search for it. think it was called instructions to get NOVA 2 working or something like that

Guest Priyansh

runs on any 2.3 rom for me (either CM7 nightlies, GSF, or the newer more vanilla 2.3 roms). tho it only runs fast enough to play properly on CM7 overclocked :P

i did a thread on how to get it work when the game came out. search for it. think it was called instructions to get NOVA 2 working or something like that

thanks alot man, but both NOVA n NOVA2 doesn't work on my blade :(:(.. NOVA does start but only with a black screen and some music :P. Somehow, yesterday i clicked blindly and it started working but with almost half the graphics wiped out.. :( so I uninstalled it.

Guest Priyansh

806MHz on CM161+ and stable, not as fast as my atrix but impressive for a cheapy phone.

wow, thats sooo awesome. I never managed a speed more that 748. Lucky bum! :D