Maximum OC Limit for ZTE Blade

Guest Priyansh

Guest Davidoff59

Would overclocking to such high levels not decrease the phones life? Surely heat levels would go beyond what the phone was engineered to cope with, especially when gaming.

Its currently 691 MHz for me, a bit faster and will hopefully get a long life out of it also. 729mhz seems to be stable for me but haven't chanced pushing it any higher.

Guest targetbsp

Has OC ever helped you increase fps in any game ? If so which one ?

I'm not sure I understand the question. It stands to reason that if you have a CPU intensive task that making your cpu faster will improve it!

The only game I have that can show a FPS is Xenowar. The automatic* scrolling to my squad after loading the save game:

604mhz 15.9fps

729mhz 18.8fps

An 18% increase for a 20% overclock. Seems pretty clear cut. :)

*hence consistent for each test. proven by testing multiple times at each frequency. there's not even any margin for error. each run produced identical framerates. no averaging or cherry picked results there.

Edited by targetbsp

Why?

It's the only way to increase more msm7227's clock.

Turbo version of this CPU, which is used e.g. in SGA clocks at 800Mhz thanks to bigger voltage and they can OC it to much more than 900Mhz.

@up

yea.

I'm not saying to OV Blade e.g. of 0,5V.

Rather to Turbo's or other low level.

What's standard (Blade, gt540, p500) and Turbo's voltage?

You missed something. They can use higher frequencies on this CPU because the silicon is higher quality than ours. They don't have to and can't increase voltage further.

Guest jackal-sk

I'm not sure I understand the question. It stands to reason that if you have a CPU intensive task that making your cpu faster will improve it!

The only game I have that can show a FPS is Xenowar. The automatic* scrolling to my squad after loading the save game:

604mhz 15.9fps

729mhz 18.8fps

An 18% increase for a 20% overclock. Seems pretty clear cut. :)

*hence consistent for each test. proven by testing multiple times at each frequency. there's not even any margin for error. each run produced identical framerates. no averaging or cherry picked results there.

Yes in theory it would improve it but in general the FPS gain here is not worth the extra CPU heat, damage and worse battery live in my eyes. If you put it into % it sure looks good, but 2.9 FPS increase at a cost of running @ 729 mhz (or more) is not what I see fit for the device. I've tested this on the newest GTA and the FPS gain was 0 - 1 FPS. Same with angry birds, on intensive levels whatever high the OC has been it never solved the stuttering at the beginning of intensive levels.

OC can be helpful but not so much on our device.

Guest cartmanotfat

It costs nothing to try... And it will improve the speed of calculation, which is good for browsing biggrin.gif

Edited by cartmanotfat

Guest targetbsp

I don't have a problem with heat, I've gamed on it overclocked, outside, at the height of summer. There's not much danger overclock modern hardware if you're not silly about it - it just crashes or hangs if you've gone too far.

In my testing, overclocking doesn't noticeably drain the battery quicker. Remember the CPU is only one of the things using power. Increasing its power use by 20% does not increase the phones power use by 20%. And when you're not needing that performance, the CPU will be clocked back anyway.

As a gamer, I consider any increase I can make to the minimum fps essential. I overclock everything I own. It's a free upgrade. :D

I'm not sure about upping the voltage on chips not designed for it with cooling not designed for it though. I'm gonna sit back and let those that want to guinea pig that one!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Lost_Animal

I have new BLADE Device now.

I am really impressed with the O/C 0f this device.

I have....

• 825 stable (Heavy tests with Games and bench Apps)
  • 844.8 partially stable (Random Freezes)
  • 864 crashing on Secs

My older Blade was stable ONLY at 675 Mhz.

Here is my latest score of Antutu Bench but i assume that my 32GB cat.4 card gives low scores on write.

post-804580-0-99154400-1324336016_thumb.

I will upload later a run on 844 Mhz.

Edited by Lost_Animal

Guest cartmanotfat

I have new BLADE Device now.

I am really impressed with the O/C 0f this device.

I have....

• 825 stable (Heavy tests with Games and bench Apps)
  • 844.8 partially stable (Random Freezes)
  • 864 crashing on Secs

My older Blade was stable ONLY at 675 Mhz.

Many CPU (like on PC) can be overclocked without overvolt . But others are needed...sad.gif I think that only 50mv on highs frequencies is necessary.

Edited by cartmanotfat

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Oleksandr Bessonov

Running my blade completly stable at 806MHz at the moment. CM7 nightly with Ondemand govenor.

Would U pls make a screenshot in AnTuTu bench? To see the difference in performance? on 652 Mhz I get total only 1600. I wonder if 800 Mhz would make any noticeable increase.