Congrats to the vegacomb team on their Engadget fame

Guest le_lutin

Guest trevor432990

Hear hear!

The video of Vegacomb 3.2 is awesome. I just need a 'Noddy' guide on how to upgrade to it now as I am rather out-of-date as far as ROM changing is concerned or is there one already ?

Guest premieral

Hear hear!

The video of Vegacomb 3.2 is awesome. I just need a 'Noddy' guide on how to upgrade to it now as I am rather out-of-date as far as ROM changing is concerned or is there one already ?

download new vegacomb rom onto your sd card and modded stock v1.2 rom to your pc.

Back up your current set up with cwm and back up all your apps with something like titanium so you can go back if all else fails!

then the hardest part Trevor is flashing the modded stock v1.2 via nvflash as you would the advent stock rom, this will give you the new resized base that the new rom needs, once this is done boot into cwr and wipe caches, data and under advanced tab, dalvik cache for a clean install.

next select install from sd card and select the 3.2 v6 ( or wait a bit and go straight to v7 :) )and let cwm do its magic.

if all works well it will reboot into the new rom .....voila have fun :D

Guest Unipete

Thanks all! Wish they hadn't used that still image shot of my reflection from the video though, looks like I'm sucking a lemon! :P

newbe5

Newbe,

the still shot also looks like you're wearing some humongous spectacles as well, as one of the posts refers to. :P

Edit: Forgot to thank you and the team for your efforts. Hope you can afford a few beers now!

Edited by Unipete

Guest trevor432990

download new vegacomb rom onto your sd card and modded stock v1.2 rom to your pc.

Back up your current set up with cwm and back up all your apps with something like titanium so you can go back if all else fails!

then the hardest part Trevor is flashing the modded stock v1.2 via nvflash as you would the advent stock rom, this will give you the new resized base that the new rom needs, once this is done boot into cwr and wipe caches, data and under advanced tab, dalvik cache for a clean install.

next select install from sd card and select the 3.2 v6 ( or wait a bit and go straight to v7 :) )and let cwm do its magic.

if all works well it will reboot into the new rom .....voila have fun :D

Thanks Al .... Made it sound simple but I need to install CWM and NVflash first then so can you advise me of the where the latest versions of these are kept? I see CWM in the Modaco pinned topics but I'm not sure if this is the most recent and is NVflash an app which replaces ADB or something? Yes I really am that far behind ;)

Guest Minimonkey

Thanks Al .... Made it sound simple but I need to install CWM and NVflash first then so can you advise me of the where the latest versions of these are kept? I see CWM in the Modaco pinned topics but I'm not sure if this is the most recent and is NVflash an app which replaces ADB or something? Yes I really am that far behind ;)

It's included in the modded stock

Guest derffie

Thanks all! Wish they hadn't used that still image shot of my reflection from the video though, looks like I'm sucking a lemon! :P

newbe5

sadly its your refection that seems to be prime grade A troll food! Shame they can't focus on the work not whats out of focus...

Congrats by the way, I've made the jump over from the corvus5 and love it, (my wife as been running the vegacomb since quite early on on her vega)

Thanks again for me and my family, my little lad loves touch painting on them, 19 months old and already seen more tech than the first 18 years of my life!!!

Guest Minimonkey

Hi Mini .... what is in the Modded Stock is that NVflash, CWM, Both ?

It's the edited stock Rom that includes CWM which can be downloaded from the same place as the VegaComb 3.2 you need to put this on first via NVflash. This is a must for Vegacomb. It includes Pauls recovery app to get into CWM

This explains better:

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest trevor432990

It's the edited stock Rom that includes CWM which can be downloaded from the same place as the VegaComb 3.2 you need to put this on first via NVflash. This is a must for Vegacomb. It includes Pauls recovery app to get into CWM

This explains better:

OK so if I install the edited stock ROM 1.10 v2 I won't need to first install the current stock rom from the Advent website right? I am used to using the ADB interface via USB to flash ROMs so is 'NVflash' another term for ADB or a completely different app and if so where do I get it from? Thanks

Guest premieral

OK so if I install the edited stock ROM 1.10 v2 I won't need to first install the current stock rom from the Advent website right? I am used to using the ADB interface via USB to flash ROMs so is 'NVflash' another term for ADB or a completely different app and if so where do I get it from? Thanks

sorry Trevor i was a bit basic in my decription, you install the modded stock exactly the same way you would if you reflash back to advent stock following the instructions on the myadventvega web site, but instead of flashing advent vega stock rom use the modded stock v2, then once this is done you will as previous posters have stated have cwm within the rom so it will be in your app drawer.

click the app to recovery and then do the cache clearing stuff as above and install from zip on sd card and select vegacomb 3.2 and away you go :)

Edited by premieral

Guest trevor432990

sorry Trevor i was a bit basic in my decription, you install the modded stock exactly the same way you would if you reflash back to advent modded stock following the instructions on the myadventvega web site, but instead of flashing advent vega stock rom use the modded stock v2, then once this is done you will as previous posters have stated have cwm within the rom so it will be in your app drawer.

click the app to recovery and then do the cache clearing stuff as above and install from zip on sd card and select vegacomb 3.2 and away you go :)

Thanks Al and everyone for your advice I have managed to install Vegacom 3.2 and it certainly is impressive though got to get my Google Store app holdings re-synced somehow. Cheers

Edited by trevor432990