Increase Storage Size Liquid E

Guest ahamaymaurice

Guest ahamaymaurice

Hello everyone,

I'm really satisfied with my Liquid E (t&l 2.2 rom V0.3d.14 / OC Kernal 960Mhz) and already changed a lot.

However the internal storage is very limited. After installing some apps (including IGO 32 MB) I only have 40-45 mb free.

Therefore I would like to use the following add-on, to get more space:

5. APP2SD (old method via malez recovery) - thanx thepasto

Could somebody verifify if these steps are correct(before I kill my phone):

step A) I install app2sd with malez recovery (Flash/Test menu --> Flash zip from sdcard (no sign check))

step B ) Then select Partition/Repair SD card and select Partition SD(swap/ext/fat free size)

step C) Then I select Other in Malez recovery and select Move apps + Dalvik + data to SD

step D) I use following app to monitor/select my Ext SD/Internal storage: Darktremor`s Apps2SD V0.9

Then it should work?

When yes I still have some questions:

1-When I select Partition SD, will Malez create the needed EXT partition automaticly? How large is this partition?

2-How can I backup my currently installed apps? Just copy the complete card to PC, format card with EXT partition, copy data back to SD card? Will my cardreader see the sd card ?

3-Will a class 4 card work well? Or do I need a Class 10 card?

4-What is the function of SD:ext2 to ext3, SD:ext3 to ext2, ext3 to ext4. What are the differences

5-Should I move also Dalvik + data to de SD card? Or only the apps?

6-I can move data with Malez Recovery. Will it automaticly change paths so the phone still boots normal?

6-When I install new apps/games, will these be installed on the SD instead of the internal storage?

With the Apps2SD gui this can be changed?

If anybody can answer my questions, I will add the answers to this post. Then other newbies also can use this information.

Thanks in advance,

Maurice

Edited by ahamaymaurice

Guest siggey

[quote name='ahamaymaurice'

Therefore I would like to use the following add-on, to get more space:

5. APP2SD (old method via malez recovery) - thanx thepasto

Could somebody verifify if these steps are correct(before I kill my phone):

step A) I install app2sd with malez recovery (Flash/Test menu --> Flash zip from sdcard (no sign check))

step B ) Then select Partition/Repair SD card and select Partition SD(swap/ext/fat free size)

step C) Then I select Other in Malez recovery and select Move apps + Dalvik + data to SD

step D) I use following app to monitor/select my Ext SD/Internal storage: Darktremor`s Apps2SD V0.9

Then it should work?

Probably, I don't remember..

When yes I still have some questions:

1-When I select Partition SD, will Malez create the needed EXT partition automaticly? How large is this partition?

You can choose the size, 512 mb is enough.

2-How can I backup my currently installed apps? Just copy the complete card to PC, format card with EXT partition, copy data back to SD card?

Yes

Will my cardreader see the sd card ?

Yes. If you are on windows you will see only fat partition, on Linux also ext2.

3-Will a class 4 card work well? Or do I need a Class 10 card?

No matters. But faster the card faster the phone..

4-What is the function of SD:ext2 to ext3, SD:ext3 to ext2, ext3 to ext4. What are the differences

I don't know exactly the difference but these are varius version of linux file system. I use ext2. Ext3 will work too. Don't use ext4 couse it is not compatible with rom.

5-Should I move also Dalvik + data to de SD card? Or only the apps?

I prefer only apps. For stability.

6-I can move data with Malez Recovery. Will it automaticly change paths so the phone still boots normal?

Don't move apps to sd from malez. Simply choose the install path with a2sd gui

6-When I install new apps/games, will these be installed on the SD instead of the internal storage?

With the Apps2SD gui this can be changed?

You can choose

Edited by siggey

Guest zorginho

Instead, u can simply install link2sd from market and move the apps on the ext partition from it.

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Edited by zorginho

Guest OzanSRC

Instead all of these i found the solution with Gingerbread Roms. When i use Froyo Roms i have had some memory restrictions with nearly 100 apps i've got only 40-50 mb space. But when i try Leogingerbread V5.0 with Android's stock App2SD i installed nearly 300 apps and i have 90 MB free space. I think its Gingerbread's App2SD method and it moves dalvik data and libs to SD card. I prefer Custom Gingerbread Roms for everyone cool.gif