A good rom, many but hard to find

Guest shad0wboss

Guest shad0wboss

I can't go about checking every GB rom here because of my internet being pathetically slow. So i would like to ask people who've been trying variety of roms around. Please let me know which ones are by far the best for:

-occassional GPS use

-Gaming (HD games)

-Very very smooth GUI for browsing and typing

-Good-average battery life

-Cpu overclocking upto 800mhz

I know i'm asking for quite a lot here but i want these to function well.

wbaw's rom = internet connectivity issues

Blue ginger V5 = gps precision issues...

I haven't tried the latest nightlies but they seem to be unstable (poor battery life e.t.c)

Thanks a lot in advance !

Guest Akash P

sir. It is possible to oc blade upto 806 mhz if you didn't know. and i hope CAE is a rom i'm looking for.

No overclocking in this rom but its really fast and non laggy in games. I really dont thing any Blade any be oc'd to 800+Mhz. That's a 33% overclock!

Edited by Akash P

Guest mickey megabyte

so, you know the secret of overclocking blades to 806 MHz, but you don't know how to get fast internet?

do you know the forum member swisstourist?

does your overclocking method involve massive heatsinks and fans?

Edited by mickey megabyte

Guest TouchyAndalou

sir. It is possible to oc blade upto 806 mhz if you didn't know. and i hope CAE is a rom i'm looking for.

I think the majority of Blades overclocked to 800 mhz will be very unstable, marred by forceclose and crash issues.

At any rate, your best bet will likely be CM7, as none of the GSF mods are clockable until ZTE releases its kernal source.

Guest Akash P

so, you know the secret of overclocking blades to 806 MHz, but you don't know how to get fast internet?

Seriously what?????

Guest Akash P

Edited by Akash P

Guest shad0wboss

lol i tried that rom and the pink sidebar is bugging me xD anyways oc isn't a problem for me. Problem is smooth ui and i guess it's a decent rom. Thanks for the replies tho

Guest rockstarszzzz

lol i tried that rom and the pink sidebar is bugging me xD anyways oc isn't a problem for me. Problem is smooth ui and i guess it's a decent rom. Thanks for the replies tho

Since you haven't mentioned anything about Bluetooth, I am presuming you don't need it - Try the Monte Carlo Stir Fry - Excellent signal, excellent dolby sound and marvellous battery life + all you mentioned in ur first post. No overclocking is possible in any gingerbread ROMs apart from CM7. But in my opinion none of the gingerbread ROMs need it apart from CM7.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Yes, you can't overclock any of the leaked or otherwise Gingerbread ROMs because we don't have the kernel source. GSF is pretty good for battery life; most of the Gingerbread ROMs will now give you what you're after :)

Now now, don't be mean to Swisstourist. He did try and save us all from being jailed after all, when he reminded us that unlocking our PAYG Blades was illegal and that Orange would send SWAT teams to our houses... And was it him that tried to make a heatsink out of tinfoil as well? Sorry to anyone if it wasn't him...

Guest k0zmic

Now now, don't be mean to Swisstourist. He did try and save us all from being jailed after all, when he reminded us that unlocking our PAYG Blades was illegal and that Orange would send SWAT teams to our houses... And was it him that tried to make a heatsink out of tinfoil as well? Sorry to anyone if it wasn't him...

Indeed he did.

Erm, I think he was notifying us about a 'fix' to improve Wi-Fi reception rather than a heatsink from this site: http://www.itc4u.net/it-chalk-board/77-general/107-zte-p729v-san-francisco-aka-blade-poor-wifi-reception-.html

Guest shad0wboss

so how is monte carlo? i mean does it have smooth UI? i heard that it's incomplete? gps works?

EDIT: yea lol i think it did work using the aluminium foil...what a lucky kid that guy is with such a talented father :/

Edited by shad0wboss