[Question] Which all files is for Games and Graphics..?

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

Hi all!

I trying to get Games to work correctly on CM 7.1 RC newest Nightly!

But... Problem is that the game/graphic files <--- which all files i need to get Graphics and Games to work?

If Anybody can tell me then Thank you Really Much!

+ Can anybody tell me how I can extract boot.img without CMD on windows or Terminal on Linux?

CyanogenMod 7.1 RC Nightly ROMs is good but games lagging example: Gangstar MV, GT Racing ... So I need to know the files which I need to edit or replace or copy to CM7.1 RC nightly 169 ROM... =)

PLEASE HELP!

Thank You if you can help me!

=)

EDIT: Sorry if this is wrong forum for this post..

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet

Guest t0mm13b

Hi all!

I trying to get Games to work correctly on CM 7.1 RC newest Nightly!

But... Problem is that the game/graphic files <--- which all files i need to get Graphics and Games to work?

:huh: What games are you talking about here?

If Anybody can tell me then Thank you Really Much!

+ Can anybody tell me how I can extract boot.img without CMD on windows or Terminal on Linux?

Easiest way, unfortunately goes against you - you do have to use the boot.img extraction script on the command line. But... begs the question - why do you want to extract it anyway? :blink:

CyanogenMod 7.1 RC Nightly ROMs is good but games lagging example: Gangstar MV, GT Racing ... So I need to know the files which I need to edit or replace or copy to CM7.1 RC nightly 169 ROM... =)

PLEASE HELP!

Thank You if you can help me!

=)

EDIT: Sorry if this is wrong forum for this post..

Why are you wanting to edit/replace the files used by games....?

:huh: What games are you talking about here?

Easiest way, unfortunately goes against you - you do have to use the boot.img extraction script on the command line. But... begs the question - why do you want to extract it anyway? :blink:

Why are you wanting to edit/replace the files used by games....?

Hi! I talk about Games! Games from Gameloft and other! the CM 7.1 RC nightly ROMS have little bit bad Graphics and game files so I want to get them work much better! So I need to know the right Files which I can replace to use Right files for Games!

Example: Gangstar MV <---- It's lagging too bad on CM7.1 RC Nightlys and same with GT Racing...

on wbaw's ROM and other 2.3 GB ROMs have right files for graphics and games so Gangstar and GT Racing works fine on other GingerBread ROMs!

Why I want extract boot.img : Because I need to edit init.rc and then I need to repack it to use it with my ROM!

:)

Guest unrandomsam

Hi! I talk about Games! Games from Gameloft and other! the CM 7.1 RC nightly ROMS have little bit bad Graphics and game files so I want to get them work much better! So I need to know the right Files which I can replace to use Right files for Games!

Example: Gangstar MV <---- It's lagging too bad on CM7.1 RC Nightlys and same with GT Racing...

on wbaw's ROM and other 2.3 GB ROMs have right files for graphics and games so Gangstar and GT Racing works fine on other GingerBread ROMs!

Why I want extract boot.img : Because I need to edit init.rc and then I need to repack it to use it with my ROM!

:)

Think they change the model to HTC (At least blue ginger does).

Guest k0zmic

Think they change the model to HTC (At least blue ginger does).

CM7 Green did as well.

It's the

ro.product.manafacturer

line in the build.prop that needs to equal 'HTC'.

Guest hugobosslives

yer most gameloft games need the HTC files to run properly.

if you change the .prop (using root explorer in root write mode) line "ro.product.manafacturer.ZTE" to "ro.product.manafacturer.HTC" and then re-install and download the sdcard caches it runs

OH GOD!

The text cant make nothing better!

I NEED TO KNOW THE FILES! Example: libsurfaceflinger.so

the HTC text on build.prop can only edit the device information and then some games for HTC is better to play because they fit the game for screen or it can help to open the game which is for HTC! <-- IT'S CANT MAKE GAMES TO SMOOTHER....

Guest targetbsp

Once you know the files involved, where exactly are you going to get files from that are better and compatible with CM7 (hint: the GSF ones aren't)? If such files existed, the CM7 team would already be using them? I believe, we're awaiting ZTE to release the Gingerbread sourcecode so we can make use of shiny new graphic libraries etc with CM7,

Guest reluctant_traveller

OH GOD!

The text cant make nothing better!

I NEED TO KNOW THE FILES! Example: libsurfaceflinger.so

the HTC text on build.prop can only edit the device information and then some games for HTC is better to play because they fit the game for screen or it can help to open the game which is for HTC! <-- IT'S CANT MAKE GAMES TO SMOOTHER....

You mean files compiled to a newer kernel? don't think that is going to work dear :/

You mean files compiled to a newer kernel? don't think that is going to work dear :/

Kernel is good too! but I need the files which are for graphics and games...

Guest t0mm13b

Kernel is good too! but I need the files which are for graphics and games...

Sorry! You're not going to get at the proprietary libs that makes use of the adreno chipset - that's closed source. Have a look in the repo for the proprietary libs that are bundled with it - they do not have sources for them.

As for you mentioning libsurfaceflinger - that uses the pretty common EGL library and is based off that which does the graphics rendering.

Quite frankly, you're going to have a hard time in trying to "make games work faster" especially, that the Blade is ArmV6 chipset. Had the CM7 team found the libs for the graphics rendering, it would be in the latest nightly (which, face it, are not compatible with each other, as in take one lib from HTC, pop it into Blade in the hope it works - which may not work completely!)

As for the kernel source - the kernel does not care what graphics chipset you have - in the arena of handsets, in the x86 world, that would held true with DRI drivers etc. At the end of the day as long as the handset and their embedded chip is supported by EGL, then that's really all you can do :)

I'd like to be proven wrong on this so feel free to disagree :)

Just my 2cents,

Cheers,

B)

Edited by t0mm13b

Sorry! You're not going to get at the proprietary libs that makes use of the adreno chipset - that's closed source. Have a look in the repo for the proprietary libs that are bundled with it - they do not have sources for them.

As for you mentioning libsurfaceflinger - that uses the pretty common EGL library and is based off that which does the graphics rendering.

Quite frankly, you're going to have a hard time in trying to "make games work faster" especially, that the Blade is ArmV6 chipset. Had the CM7 team found the libs for the graphics rendering, it would be in the latest nightly (which, face it, are not compatible with each other, as in take one lib from HTC, pop it into Blade in the hope it works - which may not work completely!)

As for the kernel source - the kernel does not care what graphics chipset you have - in the arena of handsets, in the x86 world, that would held true with DRI drivers etc. At the end of the day as long as the handset and their embedded chip is supported by EGL, then that's really all you can do :)

I'd like to be proven wrong on this so feel free to disagree :)

Just my 2cents,

Cheers,

B)

OK! Thank You!

but how I can fix the all game graphics without the file names and the source codes: I don't understand them all... :/

Guest t0mm13b

OK! Thank You!

but how I can fix the all game graphics without the file names and the source codes: I don't understand them all... :/

Some games are open source, others are closed.

If its the closed source games that your talking about, again, you're going to set yourself up for a hard time in trying to work out what goes where and quite possibly, end up breaking the game and ruin it.

If you want me to be truly honest - forget it.

And just accept that the handset is nowhere near a top end gaming console platform such as nintendo, xbox etc to name but a few.

But you will go "ahhh, then how is it that certain games work and flies" - the answer is - the handset manufacturer would have licensed an agreement with the gaming company to bring their game over to a particular handset, and endorsed by the manufacturer, which exploits their handset's capabilities.

Guest PhenomHTX

download game's prepared for HTC Desire, they are much more optimized for Adreno

I'f you'r using CMN7, go to ROM/System/build.prop and change ro.product.manufacturer=ZTE to ro.product.manufacturer=HTC. A lot game will start working ( like Gangstar,Galaxy on Fire 2, Nova 2 HD)

Edited by PhenomHTX

Some games are open source, others are closed.

If its the closed source games that your talking about, again, you're going to set yourself up for a hard time in trying to work out what goes where and quite possibly, end up breaking the game and ruin it.

If you want me to be truly honest - forget it.

And just accept that the handset is nowhere near a top end gaming console platform such as nintendo, xbox etc to name but a few.

But you will go "ahhh, then how is it that certain games work and flies" - the answer is - the handset manufacturer would have licensed an agreement with the gaming company to bring their game over to a particular handset, and endorsed by the manufacturer, which exploits their handset's capabilities.

OK Thanks!

I got games little bit better to work on CM7.1 RC Nightly 171... I added other fimg files! but only 3D still not work correctly!

Guest t0mm13b

download game's prepared for HTC Desire, they are much more optimized for Adreno

I'f you'r using CMN7, go to ROM/System/build.prop and change ro.product.manufacturer=ZTE to ro.product.manufacturer=HTC. A lot game will start working ( like Gangstar,Galaxy on Fire 2, Nova 2 HD)

Really? :blink:

Would that not affect the market app when downloading apps as the keys would not match up with ZTE's own?

Would that not affect the market app when downloading apps as the keys would not match up with ZTE's own?

Market works! If you do not edit other only the manufacturer ZTE to HTC can edit without market problems...

Guest targetbsp

It works fine. We've all been doing it for the past 6 months lol. :D Some of the roms even have that change made by default. The only effect it has is that gameloft games compiled for the Desire (as long as ARM6) now work. The line is only used by the market in the string which names your phone model. It doesn't affect the market in any other way.

I've had it has O2 ZTE Blade, O2 HTC Blade, O2, HTC Desire, O2 HTC HTC Desire. It doesn't care. Only gameloft care. :)