updating vega 1.09 rom to vegacomb

Guest deadmeat30

Guest deadmeat30

Hi Everyone, i managed to get my vega from stock to vega 1.09 some time ago, but i really want to try vegacomb, how do i go about upgrading it the latest version? Im a right vega novice! so a step by step guide be good./

thanks,

Alan

If you search on this forum, for how to install modded stock from v2, you should have a good guide to get you up and running ,then there is also a guide on how to install vegacomb.Hope this helps

Guest deadmeat30

ok, thanks for the help, but i cant find an install guide in that thread. I need a very basic step by step guide. whats this clockworkmod? do i need this installing? do i need to go back to vega rom, then install vegacomb from there? Im really lost on what needs doing....

Guest Durbybard

Hi Everyone, i managed to get my vega from stock to vega 1.09 some time ago, but i really want to try vegacomb, how do i go about upgrading it the latest version? Im a right vega novice! so a step by step guide be good./

thanks,

Alan

Hiya, ok this first part is to backup your stock rom with it's apps/settings etc and get vegacomb 3.2 build 7 onto your sdcard for install, if you don't want to backup your stock rom then skip parts 1 to 6, just make sure you have the vegacomb 3.2 build 7 rom on your sdcard and you have the modded stock rom V2 on your PC (preferably on the desktop).

1) Download Vegacomb 3.2 build 7 full and copy this to your sdcard via your PC (connect the vega to PC, select on vega to turn on USB and then find the mounted sdcard on your pc and copy the zip files to the sdcard), once done, download Vega Tools 4 and install that onto your PC, then put your vega into debug mode, that's settings, applications, development and then select the top USB Debugging.

2) Run vega tools and look at bottom of screen and click install audi drivers.

3) Don't select anything and click next step at bottom of screen, then select Part B, deleted all installed drivers, once done, now select the the top option "i want to install modaco R8 in ADB mode"

4) Click next step and select Part C, Install correct driver, then select top option "just do it for me", this should install the correct ADB driver, if installed correctly the bar at bottom left of window which was red should now be green.

5) Once done close down the window and look on the vega tools window and see the clockwork recovery, tick the include recovery application and click the install button to install, (if this will not install, reboot the vega, making sure you have the vega in debug mode as explained above when you reboot and try again) once done, go to your apps page and look for recovery, run the app and it will reboot into Recovery option called clockworkmod.

6) Now once clockworkmod screen pops up, using volume down key tab down to the backup and restore (volume up moves tab up) and use the power button to select, now do a backup of your stock rom.

Once you've backed up your stock rom tab down to shut down device.

7) Once the device is off, you need to go into whats is called NVFlash mode, to do this, hold the back button for 2 seconds (count one one thousand, two one thousand) then still holding the back button hold the power button for 2 seconds (one one thousand two one thousand again) then let go of the power button then the back button. (2 ways to know you are in NVFlash mode as the screen should be totally blank, no backlight, before doing the buttons sequence plug your usb cable from vega to pc and turn the volume up on the PC, if you have done the sequence correct then you will hear the windows connection sound, also if you tilt the vega so that the camera is away from you, you will see a blue light near the camera)

8)Find the modded stock rom V2 on your desktop and double click, this will unpack then start to install in a PC dos box and the vega screen should say NVFlash XXXXX at top of the screen, when done the vega will power off, it's normal.

9)Power on the vega and let it boot up (i would suggest once it's booted to reboot the vega once you've done the region/date/time thing and test stuff like wifi to make sure the vega works.)

10)Go to your apps page and you will see an app called recovery, run the app and that will reboot the vega into clockworkmod.

11)Once clockworkmod is up, tab to wipe cache partition, select using power button and then tab to yes, once done tab to wipe data/factory reset, select, and tab to yes, once done tab down to advanced, select, and tab to wipe dalvik cache, select, and tab to yes, now back button to the main screen.

12) Now tab down to install zip from sdcard, select, and tab down to choose zip from sdcard, select and tab to the vegacomb 3.2 build 7 zip file on your sdcard and select, tab to yes and this should start the install of the new rom, once done, press back and select reboot the vega and you should have Vegacomb 3.2 build 7 installed.

Added advice is have a good charge on your battery before you do and make sure your power lead is plugged in as been know to aid the install of the rom, and also, when installing the rom DO NOT touch the screen and that goes for when booting up into Vegacomb as can mess up the boot of the rom.

Hope this helps...

Chris....

Guest premieral

ok, thanks for the help, but i cant find an install guide in that thread. I need a very basic step by step guide. whats this clockworkmod? do i need this installing? do i need to go back to vega rom, then install vegacomb from there? Im really lost on what needs doing....

Hi Alan

Download the modded stock v2 to your pc and the latest vegacomb to your vega sd card.

Next do a titanium backup of all the apps and data you want to keep.

then go to myadvent vega website and folow the procedure for flashing the stock rom there but when it says to use the advent 1.10 or whatever rom it shows use your modded stock rom.

this will now give you a repartitioned system rom with clockwork mod installed.

in your app drawer you will also see recovery app , when you click this it will take you to clockwork mod recovery where you will install the new vegacomb rom from.

so once in recovery choose wipe cache, factory reset wipe data and under advanced wipe dalvik cache just to clear the way for the new rom.

after this simply go to install zip from sd card select the vegacomb rom in the folder you stored it and it will then install your new toy.

once it has finished select reboot and it will boot up vegacomb.

tip..

when using clockwork you move around with the volume keys ( for up and down ) the power button for select and the back button to go back :rolleyes:

didnt see much point in backing up the stock rom as if it goes belly up thats what you will be reflashing anyway :o

Edited by premieral

Guest poynter64

AMAZING!!!!! step by step guide so clear and just brilliant great work buddy and THANKYOU :)

Hiya, ok this first part is to backup your stock rom with it's apps/settings etc and get vegacomb 3.2 build 7 onto your sdcard for install, if you don't want to backup your stock rom then skip parts 1 to 6, just make sure you have the vegacomb 3.2 build 7 rom on your sdcard and you have the modded stock rom V2 on your PC (preferably on the desktop).

1) Download Vegacomb 3.2 build 7 full and copy this to your sdcard via your PC (connect the vega to PC, select on vega to turn on USB and then find the mounted sdcard on your pc and copy the zip files to the sdcard), once done, download Vega Tools 4 and install that onto your PC, then put your vega into debug mode, that's settings, applications, development and then select the top USB Debugging.

2) Run vega tools and look at bottom of screen and click install audi drivers.

3) Don't select anything and click next step at bottom of screen, then select Part B, deleted all installed drivers, once done, now select the the top option "i want to install modaco R8 in ADB mode"

4) Click next step and select Part C, Install correct driver, then select top option "just do it for me", this should install the correct ADB driver, if installed correctly the bar at bottom left of window which was red should now be green.

5) Once done close down the window and look on the vega tools window and see the clockwork recovery, tick the include recovery application and click the install button to install, (if this will not install, reboot the vega, making sure you have the vega in debug mode as explained above when you reboot and try again) once done, go to your apps page and look for recovery, run the app and it will reboot into Recovery option called clockworkmod.

6) Now once clockworkmod screen pops up, using volume down key tab down to the backup and restore (volume up moves tab up) and use the power button to select, now do a backup of your stock rom.

Once you've backed up your stock rom tab down to shut down device.

7) Once the device is off, you need to go into whats is called NVFlash mode, to do this, hold the back button for 2 seconds (count one one thousand, two one thousand) then still holding the back button hold the power button for 2 seconds (one one thousand two one thousand again) then let go of the power button then the back button. (2 ways to know you are in NVFlash mode as the screen should be totally blank, no backlight, before doing the buttons sequence plug your usb cable from vega to pc and turn the volume up on the PC, if you have done the sequence correct then you will hear the windows connection sound, also if you tilt the vega so that the camera is away from you, you will see a blue light near the camera)

8)Find the modded stock rom V2 on your desktop and double click, this will unpack then start to install in a PC dos box and the vega screen should say NVFlash XXXXX at top of the screen, when done the vega will power off, it's normal.

9)Power on the vega and let it boot up (i would suggest once it's booted to reboot the vega once you've done the region/date/time thing and test stuff like wifi to make sure the vega works.)

10)Go to your apps page and you will see an app called recovery, run the app and that will reboot the vega into clockworkmod.

11)Once clockworkmod is up, tab to wipe cache partition, select using power button and then tab to yes, once done tab to wipe data/factory reset, select, and tab to yes, once done tab down to advanced, select, and tab to wipe dalvik cache, select, and tab to yes, now back button to the main screen.

12) Now tab down to install zip from sdcard, select, and tab down to choose zip from sdcard, select and tab to the vegacomb 3.2 build 7 zip file on your sdcard and select, tab to yes and this should start the install of the new rom, once done, press back and select reboot the vega and you should have Vegacomb 3.2 build 7 installed.

Added advice is have a good charge on your battery before you do and make sure your power lead is plugged in as been know to aid the install of the rom, and also, when installing the rom DO NOT touch the screen and that goes for when booting up into Vegacomb as can mess up the boot of the rom.

Hope this helps...

Chris....