USB cable needed

Guest kevm1

Hi,

When i got my P10AN01 (aka Advent Vega) tablet back in January i did not receive the USB cable to connect to a pc.

At the time i didn't realise that one was needed but now as i want to update the rom etc, i need to buy one.

I bought one from Ebay for a couple of pounds but although it fitted (usb type a - usb type a), it would not install the drivers which it should do as soon as plugged in. Nothing comes up in device manager at all. I bought 2 cables and both won't work.

I realise that it could be the cables at fault (low quality maybe) but didn't want to keep buying cables that don't work so i thought i would ask here.

I have seen some on Ebay described as Data tansfer cables which cost around £10 compared to the ones i bought which were only £1.50.

Does anybody know if these will work ( i can post a link if allowed to) or should a basic USB to USB cable work??

I hope someone can help as i have seen what the Vega can do but i'm stuck with the stock, out of the box version :~(

Thanks

Kev

Guest Dave Marchant

There is a long thread about someone having major issues in two 'bricked' Vegas while trying to use a cheap USB cable to re-flash. He just couldn't connect to the Vegas until he found an original cable. However, I have bought a fairly basic USB A - A cable from Misco that works fine.

I bought 2 long (3m) cables from ebay and they work just fine - ebay seller id was techwaregames.

As an alternative, you could use Samba which runs on Vega and allows you to map to the SDCard as if it was a drive on your PC - you can then drag & drop files between devices. Very handy ;)

I bought 2 long (3m) cables from ebay and they work just fine - ebay seller id was techwaregames.

As an alternative, you could use Samba which runs on Vega and allows you to map to the SDCard as if it was a drive on your PC - you can then drag & drop files between devices. Very handy ;)

Thanks for the reply, i looked at Techwaregames current auctions and there is just one 3 metre cable: -

3m USB 2.0 A Male to A Male Cable Lead

Colour - Grey

Is this the one you bought??

Make sure its not USB1. It can be as cheap as you can find it as long as its USB2.

Yes it says its USB 2 - The description is:-

1 Meter USB Type A Male to Male Cable Lead for Caddy Modem PC (3.28 Feet)

Standard USB A male to USB A Male cable, connecting any USB device with USB a plug to the computer such as USB Caddy, USB modem and so on

Compliant with USB2.0 standard and backward compliant with USB1.1 standard

Support High speed data rate up to 480Mbps and full speed data rate 12Mbps

Portable design and easy to install

Supports plug & play

Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Standard cable, 40 times faster than USB 1.1

Guest tezray

I bought a 2.5 SATA hard drive caddy from eBay most come with standard cable some come with the smaller usb connection. You can tell from the pics or description what cable is supplied they are about 3 pound or less and you could always stick a drive in for films and use the cable when needed which is not often.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I bought a 2.5 SATA hard drive caddy from eBay most come with standard cable some come with the smaller usb connection. You can tell from the pics or description what cable is supplied they are about 3 pound or less and you could always stick a drive in for films and use the cable when needed which is not often.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hi,

Did you buy the HD caddy because you needed a cable for your Vega or was it just that you found that it worked??

http://android.modac...omers-it-works/

I think you need to read this giude to make it work.

I worked for me :)

Thanks for the link.

I have read through it and once my new USB cable arrives i will update using the guide.

If it still doesn't work with a cable then i'll try Wireless ADB.

Thanks again for everybodys help and i'll post the results.

Thanks for the link. I have read through it and once my new USB cable arrives i will update using the guide. If it still doesn't work with a cable then i'll try Wireless ADB. Thanks again for everybodys help and i'll post the results.

Ok, heres an update on how i'm getting on trying to install stock rom 1.10. First of all I bought another cable as suggested by Maxip I then reset Vega back to factory defaults. Using the guide suggested by d3rp, i went into recovery mode and it installed the Nvidea USB boot recovery driver for mobile devices correctly (these show up in Device manager).

I then browsed to the folder where the 1.10 stock rom was and double-clicked it.

It then starts the cmd promt with the following message:-

"c:\users\home\appdata\local\temp>nvflash.exe --bct HSPSIG83EFR -S6c_v240625_bct --setbct --bl bootloader.bin --configfile flash.cfg --odmdata 0x0b0c0075 --create --go

NVflash started

USB device not found press enter to continue."

I also get the same results if i use Vegatools 4, after the recovery drivers load i get the same message when trying to install Advent v1.10 rom

So i know the recovery drivers are being loaded which i assume that means the USB cable works but it doesn't recognise a USB device for some reason.

Any ideas guys.

Thanks for any help